Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

3 hours ago, Steve_M said:

We’re just back for a bracing stroll around the nearby Woodland Trust site. Now recovering with a warming cuppa.

59EE58BA-1471-4864-90AC-64482F5C3EB6.jpeg

We had a bracing 5 miles this morning. No snow but ground like iron (plus - no mud!) with a killer wind. Definitely needed thawing when I got home.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

:oops: Installed new washing machine, leaking continued. 

U bend has imperceptible crack that only leaks when the machines emptying. Just standing water is not enough to cause it to leak so I didn’t detect it when I examined it. 

Very expensive new machine could have been avoided for the sake of replacing a £5 unbend. What a prat. 
My only defence is no-one else found it either :oops:

the washing machine people certainly wouldn't have told you, they wanted you to spend big wonga on a new machine :classic_biggrin:

12 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

We had a bracing 5 miles this morning. No snow but ground like iron (plus - no mud!) with a killer wind. Definitely needed thawing when I got home.

No mud is definitely a bonus, though cold wind. Brrrr

2 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

No walk today. Minus 3 and a wicked wind. No fun at all. 

Me and the missus went out yesterday. -8 and a cruel wind. We did 5 miles round the fields. I was very glad of my TMBF buff.

(Note the subtle product placement there.)

On 11/02/2021 at 15:45, husoi said:

It doesn't if you use a couple layers of weed membrane under it.

Still a lot less than a planted garden

Wasted space ... can’t park the bikes on it ....

1 hour ago, Trooper74 said:

Wasted space ... can’t park the bikes on it ....

It wouldn't cross my mind to park my bikes anywhere else other than my garage, well protected from weather and unwanted people.

2 minutes ago, husoi said:

It wouldn't cross my mind to park my bikes anywhere else other than my garage, well protected from weather and unwanted people.

Haven’t got a garage .... but would love one ... the Himma lives outside ... :classic_sad:

2 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

Haven’t got a garage .... but would love one ... the Himma lives outside ... :classic_sad:

Hence me saying that a metal shed could be a solution. Not everybody have the space for a garage, or know how to build one or even can afford one.

A metal shed is a cheaper alternative, slightly more expensive than wooden shed, and far more safer than just leave the bike to the elements. :thumb: 

5 hours ago, husoi said:

Hence me saying that a metal shed could be a solution. Not everybody have the space for a garage, or know how to build one or even can afford one.

A metal shed is a cheaper alternative, slightly more expensive than wooden shed, and far more safer than just leave the bike to the elements. :thumb: 

Nowhere to put a metal shed .... there is no access for a motorbike through the house to the back garden so it lives with a U lock and and a Oxford chain and lock under a heavy duty, padded waterproof cover ...

It has been there for over 2 years now .... to nick it you would have to use a crane to lift it over the Transit, the motorhome and the Aygo. Oh.. and move the wheelie bins, both of which have motion sensor alarms fitted ....

Edited by Trooper74
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Bet that gives the binnies a fright. 

I switch off when i put the bins out for collection, and you have to remember not to bang the lids too hard .....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dynax said:

Good morning raining and damp and cold but at least the snow has gone :thumb:

Currently dry here, and glad that yesterday’s howling gale has subsided. The burn is no longer frozen over, and the snowdrops are emerging. 

Happy days. 

21BED85E-06AA-4B89-A0FA-3F1C39E586F9.jpeg

• Like 1