Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

18 hours ago, goat said:

Got to love agencies. One keeps sending my partner a job translating Danish, even though she doesn't speak a word of the language. They've sent it to her three times now. 

I think she should say yes, but in Mandarin 

• Haha 1

Put the camper up for sale on Autotrader, immediately got calls from bloody Pikeys asking how much for cash today, no other questions. One of them phoned twice and tried to deny, then got abusive when I called him out.

I told the first one I wasn’t gonna let him chip me with a shit offer so he could flip it immediately for a profit, he hung up.

😡😡😡

• Sad 1

Good evening!

I've officially thrown my hat in the ring, and I'm going after chartership. I'll be CEng by 2025 with any luck. 

I don't usually like governing bodies like the IET, I've previously fallen out with them for a mixture of things. There's a lot of cronyism, and it comes over as an old boys club sometimes. But by joining, I at least have a chance of affecting change, even if locally to me in my company. I don't think I'll put the letters after my name if and when I get it, too many people do it smugly or as a put down. 

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Good evening!

I've officially thrown my hat in the ring, and I'm going after chartership. I'll be CEng by 2025 with any luck. 

I don't usually like governing bodies like the IET, I've previously fallen out with them for a mixture of things. There's a lot of cronyism, and it comes over as an old boys club sometimes. But by joining, I at least have a chance of affecting change, even if locally to me in my company. I don't think I'll put the letters after my name if and when I get it, too many people do it smugly or as a put down. 

I never bothered with the post-nominals either - However, when I got a 'formal' letter from my boss with post-nominals, I replied with mine (which triggered a conversation as to how long it took him to gain MiET (3 years - compared to my 6 months) and what DipEM stood for - Diploma in Engineering Management). 

NB. the DipEM got me a new position in a different department at a higher salary (so it is sometimes worthwhile).

Good luck!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Mickly said:

Put the camper up for sale on Autotrader, immediately got calls from bloody Pikeys asking how much for cash today, no other questions. One of them phoned twice and tried to deny, then got abusive when I called him out.

I told the first one I wasn’t gonna let him chip me with a shit offer so he could flip it immediately for a profit, he hung up.

😡😡😡

£200 + a TomTom Sat Nav????

🤡

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Fozzie said:

I don't think I'll put the letters after my name if and when I get it, too many people do it smugly or as a put down. 

Too right, can't stand that behaviour

Tiggie (Admin TBMF) 

• Haha 8
  • Sad 1

Good afternoon. Today I will be mostly laying OSB floorboards. My knees, thighs and back are going to be most uncomfortable tomorrow, when  the OSB laying continues.

At least I got out for a quick ride yesterday. 

0C9B5618-FA4D-4F12-926E-9B1B7E957688.jpeg

• Like 2

Good Afternoon,  

I'm still about,  pop in every now and then ,  can't believe 15 years ago I signed up here :D .   

Also haven't had a bike for a couple years now , was about to buy another last year but ended up impregnating the wife haha. so still no bike :(

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Good afternoon. Today I will be mostly laying OSB floorboards. My knees, thighs and back are going to be most uncomfortable tomorrow, when  the OSB laying continues.

At least I got out for a quick ride yesterday. 

0C9B5618-FA4D-4F12-926E-9B1B7E957688.jpeg

Even worse when you kneel on an escaped screw 😫

2 hours ago, Takanta said:

Good Afternoon,  

I'm still about,  pop in every now and then ,  can't believe 15 years ago I signed up here :D .   

Also haven't had a bike for a couple years now , was about to buy another last year but ended up impregnating the wife haha. so still no bike :(

Bike would have been cheaper 😁

• Haha 1