Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Soaking wet here, and the roads have turned to rivers of mud. Sometimes I wonder if the fields are becoming tidal. 

• Haha 2

Morning dudes.

Glad the pissing rain has stopped, I need to take off the crank cover for the 5 millionth time and unfuck the fresh gasket I'm guessing I pinched when I was rushing Saturday morning. Or slather on RTV and pray I don't need to have it off afuckinggain.

Got a series of pointless meetings with timewasting bast*rds this morning first. Think they call them project managers, *****. Sack em all and hire more techies.

Winter makes me grumpy.

On 28/10/2023 at 18:52, S-Westerly said:

VideoCapture_20201230-173443.thumb.jpg.d6dd6ec7332de6162859ce6f95b11dcc.jpgIf you are riding for pleasure dry is the least you need. If you're riding to get somewhere sometimes you just have to suck it up.

Yeah normally I am on the bike, someday's glad I have the car.

The idea of 30 minutes in driving rain to and from work dodging horses, pigs & horse muck in the dark is not attractive.

I was going to take bike in Thursday regardless, I am at a site where it can take 20 minutes to park.

However forecast says it will be all of the above and hassle force winds, the jury is still out.

I want to say good afternoon as it's 6, but it's dark outside... I wish they'd scrap daylight saving. 

Working a bit late, and doing some prep work, as I'm sticking my head in the door of another job with an interview. I don't expect to get it, I just want to see how well I fit with the role as it would be a big shift. 

Edited by Fozzie
  • Like 1

We've decided to stay on summer time here. Working from home, so no-one knows the difference.

Took the MV for its first MOT. Passed, but came home filthy :crybaby:

• Like 1

On 29/10/2023 at 11:43, janinej said:

Good morning everyone.  Anyone on any ride outs today?  I will hopefully be going on one this afternoon and not get soaking wet this time 😬

Don't you carry waterproofs with you ?  I know they're a pain in the arse but a fairly cheap set that you can put on quickly can save you getting soaked.

I'm lucky enough to be able to more or less choose my weather but on a longer trip just having the added insurance of a set of waterproofs makes all the difference.

When I lived in Scotland and rode every day my main concern was being able to keep dry, hence it was a waxed cotton Belstaff ensemble.

06  Myself with XL185 and Suzuki TS250 on Corrieyairack Pass.jpg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, curlylegend said:

Don't you carry waterproofs with you ?  I know they're a pain in the arse but a fairly cheap set that you can put on quickly can save you getting soaked.

I'm lucky enough to be able to more or less choose my weather but on a longer trip just having the added insurance of a set of waterproofs makes all the difference.

When I lived in Scotland and rode every day my main concern was being able to keep dry, hence it was a waxed cotton Belstaff ensemble.

06  Myself with XL185 and Suzuki TS250 on Corrieyairack Pass.jpg

yes i have a trialmaster suit two piece 

20230824_195211.thumb.jpg.98cb351f2136520c1b059614d216c25e.jpg20230825_105045.thumb.jpg.e1719cf6dfc0772c16509e166ae820e0.jpg

5 hours ago, husoi said:

How not to do it...

Please, please. Don't do this at home, garage garden, drive. Don't phoking do it anywhere 🤬

Words fail me!!!! Why the hell would you even think about sticking this on YouTube??

Never watched it all, just bits but @ 46.51 What's this bit for!!!!! And why the hell use a Drill to undo and do up bolts on a motorcycle!! Especially in the fork area!

I can now see why I packed my business up! Got fed up with guy's watching YouTube and bringing shit to be repaired! 

Mind you still can't help myself, had a ZXR600 in the other month, he had stripped sump plug, then decided to remove sump, and snapped bolts holding sump on! 

So Helicoils to the tune of 6 required, couldn't be bothered to take engine out!

Edited by oldgrump
  • Like 7

31 minutes ago, rennie said:

Good Evening :classic_biggrin:

I'm slowly getting used to working days, in an office,

Now I just need some daylight

You'll get some in April next year.