Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

At what point in life do you realize you shouldn't be allowed out without a carer?

Last week I found out the MOT on the Honda had run out last November. Last night I set off remembering I'd filled the tank last time out only for fuel light to come on just as I got to the Runcorn bridge.

So I pulled off and found a petrol station, filled the tank, got my wallet out and remembered I'd left my bank card in the other bike. 

No problem, I had my credit card, which I never use and discovered I have no idea what the PIN is. 

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

At what point in life do you realize you shouldn't be allowed out without a carer?

Last week I found out the MOT on the Honda had run out last November. Last night I set off remembering I'd filled the tank last time out only for fuel light to come on just as I got to the Runcorn bridge.

So I pulled off and found a petrol station, filled the tank, got my wallet out and remembered I'd left my bank card in the other bike. 

No problem, I had my credit card, which I never use and discovered I have no idea what the PIN is. 

no substitute for hard cash

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

I'm not a massive fan of the later Ducatis but this does seem the business

I'm also a big fan of this bike, it's a proper return of the dual purpose machines. 

Liking the reviews of it, but I don't know if it's just me becoming an old man ahead of my time, but I keep hearing tag lines like "This bike has such a unique look we've not seen before" and "Ducati have never made anything like this" in the reviews on YouTube, and it actually irritates me a bit :lol:

As back in the early 90s, Cagiva (who owned Ducati at the time) produced this, the Elefant.

Cagiva%20Elefant%20900ie%2090.jpg

56 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

I'm also a big fan of this bike, it's a proper return of the dual purpose machines. 

Liking the reviews of it, but I don't know if it's just me becoming an old man ahead of my time, but I keep hearing tag lines like "This bike has such a unique look we've not seen before" and "Ducati have never made anything like this" in the reviews on YouTube, and it actually irritates me a bit :lol:

As back in the early 90s, Cagiva (who owned Ducati at the time) produced this, the Elefant.

Cagiva%20Elefant%20900ie%2090.jpg

Yes I did smile when I saw your comments I thought the same this has to have some design inspiration from the Cagiva. The MV Augusta lucky explorer is meant to have influences from the Cagiva however other than the colour it looks more like the CF Moto Mt800! 

3 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

Yes I did smile when I saw your comments I thought the same this has to have some design inspiration from the Cagiva. The MV Augusta lucky explorer is meant to have influences from the Cagiva however other than the colour it looks more like the CF Moto Mt800! 

I keep forgetting about CF Moto, ironic as it has my initials for a name. Probably why I think it's naff :lol:

They seem to be a Chinese brand that works, and isn't a pile of rust after 12 months. 44Teeth on YouTube use them to race.

Also forgot today is Star Wars day! Nearly 2 years back I was supposed to go over the pond to see the Star wars world in Florida, then old Rona hit. So my 30th birthday present is now my 32nd.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fozzie said:

I keep forgetting about CF Moto, ironic as it has my initials for a name. Probably why I think it's naff :lol:

They seem to be a Chinese brand that works, and isn't a pile of rust after 12 months. 44Teeth on YouTube use them to race.

Also forgot today is Star Wars day! Nearly 2 years back I was supposed to go over the pond to see the Star wars world in Florida, then old Rona hit. So my 30th birthday present is now my 32nd.

May the fourth be with you! 

• Like 1

Good evening.

I popped up to Glasgow today. Unfortunately in the car as I had to carry some heavy, bulky stuff. Cruise control on, light traffic I took the opportunity to take in the surroundings. It raised the question, is the A74(M) the motorway passing through the most attractive scenery?

Also, are what appeared to be Honda C90’s permitted on it?

PS. Many, many bikes heading to and from Erskine Bridge … 

• Like 1

Good morning :thumb:

I enjoy a good disaster movie like anyone else, and it is good to see the human will to survive and come through these apocalyptic events. I tend to mainly watch the horror channel which has some pretty good non mainstream movies etc, but it would be different to actually have an end of the world film that does finish with the end of the world. It is just so repetitive and predictable.

2 hours ago, dynax said:

Good morning :thumb:

I enjoy a good disaster movie like anyone else, and it is good to see the human will to survive and come through these apocalyptic events. I tend to mainly watch the horror channel which has some pretty good non mainstream movies etc, but it would be different to actually have an end of the world film that does finish with the end of the world. It is just so repetitive and predictable.

Don't look up ends in a satisfactory way for yourself. Basically shows how the world in its current state of fake news reacts to a comet coming its way, physics/astronomy scientists being ignored for quippy sounding "scientists" who are from the wrong field of science to make the claims they do. Politicians being politicians. It has a good pay off at the end!

But anyway, good morning! Today is as much of a weekend as I'll get as I'm London bound early tomorrow morning. Girlfriends nan had cataract surgery, and it went badly wrong, so will likely be fully blind in a matter of weeks so everyone is in a scramble to get there tomorrow so she has a good last look at us all. 

• Sad 5

Good morning! 
Waiting for the girlfriend to wake up and I’m hitting the road.

Ill never understand how we have the same bedtime, but she needs 2-4 hours more than me a day :lol:

Met up with some old work colleagues today at the National Motorcycle Museum. Not too busy so plenty of time to look at the bikes and a reasonable lunchtime sandwich and coffee was consumed .