Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Good Evening:classic_biggrin:

I'm not enjoying this "consultation" period much!

getting up at 4am and daytime traffic don't agree with me!

No idea how long it's going to go on for before he actually gives us redundancy notice.

Then no idea what I'm going to do after that! :scratch:

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, rennie said:

Good Evening:classic_biggrin:

I'm not enjoying this "consultation" period much!

getting up at 4am and daytime traffic don't agree with me!

No idea how long it's going to go on for before he actually gives us redundancy notice.

Then no idea what I'm going to do after that! :scratch:

Can you 'retire' and then get a part time job nearer home - maybe working from home?

2 minutes ago, rennie said:

Good Evening :classic_biggrin: It's 1 of the trains of thought! just need some clarity on timings to

attempt to work out what we can afford to do/ not to do

Uncertainty is often worse than what follows, once you know where you stand or sit you can at least make a plan

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rennie said:

Good Evening :classic_biggrin: It's 1 of the trains of thought! just need some clarity on timings to

attempt to work out what we can afford to do/ not to do

Quite a few places automatically give you early retirement when you're made redundant ( or volunteer ) over the age of 55

check with HR or your union rep

Good morning :thumb:

Hi everyone, a few things, I will have to cancel the Calendar for this year, just haven't had time to get it sorted.

Handed in my notice at work yesterday, just have had enough, given them till the end of the month.

Will be going self employed as a handyman, not interested in anything big already have got some work lined up with a few little jobs.

Hopefully be able to spend more time on the bike and will get my tests done this year, feeling really positive and good about everything now.

Cheers everyone :thumb:

• Like 9

1 hour ago, dynax said:

Hi everyone, a few things, I will have to cancel the Calendar for this year, just haven't had time to get it sorted.

Handed in my notice at work yesterday, just have had enough, given them till the end of the month.

Will be going self employed as a handyman, not interested in anything big already have got some work lined up with a few little jobs.

Hopefully be able to spend more time on the bike and will get my tests done this year, feeling really positive and good about everything now.

Cheers everyone :thumb:

Don't worry about rhe calender

Main thing is looks like you have made a lifestyle choice and already feel in a better place as a result. Good for you wish you all the best.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Had the best nights sleep in ages last night, going to Squire's later to meet up with some friends.

Thanks everyone for the support it really means a lot :cheers:

• Like 5

Good Afternoon :classic_biggrin: I'm still employed but not enjoying it!

We're stripping the factory and scrapping most of it!

My furnaces are still intact so far:thumb:

I asked the main man what his plans are for them today, he genuinely doesn't know yet! :scratch:

• Sad 4

12 minutes ago, rennie said:

Good Afternoon :classic_biggrin: I'm still employed but not enjoying it!

We're stripping the factory and scrapping most of it!

My furnaces are still intact so far:thumb:

I asked the main man what his plans are for them today, he genuinely doesn't know yet! :scratch:

My mum has a lovely set of ornate drawer handles that arrived in her kitchen about the same time the receivers were called in to my dad's old factory. It's funny how things seem to go missing when there's a lot of change happening.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Fiddlesticks said:

My mum has a lovely set of ornate drawer handles that arrived in her kitchen about the same time the receivers were called in to my dad's old factory. It's funny how things seem to go missing when there's a lot of change happening.

Drawer handles, fair enough.  But Furnaces ?

• Haha 2