Apprentice Pranks

Tiggie

Guest Swagman

I was sat in the office years ago when the apprentice painter came in, the lads had sent him in for a long wait, so I just said ok I sort it fo in a while,he just stood around waiting for ages until I told him it was a wind up.

Hmm we didn't like one of the apprentices when I started out, by we I mean every one in the workshop.

Someone came up with a subtle plan to get this over to him.

He was cable tied and taped up, attached to the overhead gantry crane, lifted, sent the full length of the shop and lowered into a drum of old engine oil.

It was thought highly amusing at the time and it kinda changed him for the better, I do feel however that in today's world we would have all been arrested and charged

Probably rightly so too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

@Bender You definitely would of been!! :classic_unsure:

One of my favourites was sending the Saturday boy over to B&Q for a "lightbulb repair kit"  Its just a bog standard prank that was made so much funnier when the manager of B&Q rang my shop up to say he found one of his Saturday boys walking up and down the aisles with my lad looking for it :lol:

• Haha 1

Putting an empty film canister in a lab docket and watching the trainee lab guy spend nearly an hour trying to extract the non-existent film was always fun. Or asking sales trainees to go down to the warehouse and find a hotshoe PC cord adapter for a model of camera that didn't have a hotshoe.

Or just telling sales trainees to search the word "Nikon" or "Canon" in our stock system when they needed product info. Took about 30 to 45 minutes for the inventory search to return every Nikon or Canon product ever made while they had to stand around looking like a twat.

Wait til you have a bag of fluids in your hand and say to the student nurse “we’ve run out of long stands, go to A&E and ask if you can have one”

It never wore out and the students never passed the information on, think they must have been looking forward to doing it themselves😆

In hospital chaplaincy the newbies arrive unknown to the usual medical staff so it's a fresh face to them. Which makes a good prank possible. The newbie is asked to go down to the morgue where they are dressed in a sheet, powdered to make them pale, then placed on one of the sliding shelves that go into the cool storage area. The idea they are told is that when the new batch of medical students are taken down to the morgue to see what happens the shelf that is pulled out is the one with the newbie chaplain on it. The students gather round the body - and which point the new chaplain opens their eyes and sits up. 

All good so far....except it doesn't quite work like that.

When the new chaplain is lying there inside the storage unit surrounded by bodies and cold they begin to regret their decision to be part of this prank. It's not a great place to be. You're naked under the sheet, cold, and surrounded by dead bodies. So they are lying there beginning to feel a bit nervous. And the wait seems longer than they anticipated - maybe they've been forgotten - maybe they'll get left in there and die of cold. All sorts of grim thoughts start to run through their head.

This goes on - and the more it goes on the more anxious they become. Until they can take it no longer and decide to bang on the door and scream to be let out.

At which point.......

The stiff next to them turns over and says, "Cold in here, innit?"

The screams are spectacular.

• Haha 1

When I was working on site we would get the rookies to get the file sharpener from the storage compound :lol: 

They would come back with a 10kg stone kerb

10 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

In hospital chaplaincy the newbies arrive unknown to the usual medical staff so it's a fresh face to them. Which makes a good prank possible. The newbie is asked to go down to the morgue where they are dressed in a sheet, powdered to make them pale, then placed on one of the sliding shelves that go into the cool storage area. The idea they are told is that when the new batch of medical students are taken down to the morgue to see what happens the shelf that is pulled out is the one with the newbie chaplain on it. The students gather round the body - and which point the new chaplain opens their eyes and sits up. 

All good so far....except it doesn't quite work like that.

When the new chaplain is lying there inside the storage unit surrounded by bodies and cold they begin to regret their decision to be part of this prank. It's not a great place to be. You're naked under the sheet, cold, and surrounded by dead bodies. So they are lying there beginning to feel a bit nervous. And the wait seems longer than they anticipated - maybe they've been forgotten - maybe they'll get left in there and die of cold. All sorts of grim thoughts start to run through their head.

This goes on - and the more it goes on the more anxious they become. Until they can take it no longer and decide to bang on the door and scream to be let out.

At which point.......

The stiff next to them turns over and says, "Cold in here, innit?"

The screams are spectacular.

Old as the hills that one mate! :-)

Back in the good old days cadets / apprentices used to have communal showers. The only people on board who had private baths were the Master and Chief Engineer. Newly joined first trippers would be told that if they wanted a bath the only place was in the Master's cabin and at 1830 (Master's  dinner was around 1800). Master trundles into his cabin feeling at ease with the world and there's some scruffy scroat in his bath. Some Master's  could put on a display that would have had Capt  Bligh green with envy.