Hot beverages

S-Westerly

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Could a mint tea lover recommend a decent mint tea. I’ve had some Ive really liked and some that tasted like used chewing gum. 

I can't see why not.

a couple years ago I stopped using bagged tea, got one of these

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/761530618215749509/

You will be surprised how different it tastes :) and no more wasting tea bags

4 hours ago, Marino said:

I had fantastic, maybe best espresso in my life in Cuba, near Havana , one village, with very old coffee tradition as it had plantation and Coffee factory if u can call it that name.

As well Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, fantastic coffee , espresso, cafesito as they will say.

Beside Italy of course, 

Never had a single decent coffee in Colombia as it all seem to go off for export. Two years drinking nothing but instant shit.

Ven was very decent though.

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

In the late 90's I was there every couple of weeks. It was pretty good especially  Puerto la Cruz. I was last there in 2018 just before it went into sanctions and it was dire.

I was there early 90’s Puerto la Cruz, Puerto Cabello, Laguaira, last time late 90’s. That was good time there

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

Never had a single decent coffee in Colombia as it all seem to go off for export. Two years drinking nothing but instant shit.

Ven was very decent though.

I didn’t have a good guide then🤣

3 hours ago, Richzx6r said:

:puke:coffee makes me feel sick just the mere smell of the vile stuff is enough to make me want to vom

If you grew up on vaux ales you've no right to cast aspersions on other folks choice of beverage. As to a good strong coffee without milk or sugar - the only way to start the day. 

7 hours ago, husoi said:

Being a beverage break thread I think this will make sense in here.

I've been practicing this for a good few years now :thumb: 

I don't think i have ever given a f@ck about anything since the day i was born :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1