Nominations for MOTY (Man of the Year) 2020

XTreme

This is the thread where you can nominate your Man of the Year for 2020. This thread will close next weekend and then a new thread for the actually MOTY vote will start! 

The winner then gets announced on Xmas Eve......and I can confirm that there is a prize this year!

The current MOTY is @fastbob based on his mechanical advice to members on an ongoing basis, but will he retain it this year?

And just a reminder that no Mods or Admin can be nominated for MOTY.......because that role is part of their gig. So any of you planning to grovel to the management are out of luck!

So it's over to you......give us your MOTY nominee and tell us why you think they deserve it!

@Tiggie @Bender @Stu.........can you pin this topic?

• Like 1

I nominate @XTreme 

Shock shock horror! he could win both TOTY and MOTY here! 

I nominate him due the the invaluable advise he has given throughout moving servers, A MariaDB issue, A lot of information in relation to this new software and for bullying you lot in to coughing up :lol: 

Also for his awesome ride reports to see us through these crap months and make us all jealous! 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Stu said:

I nominate @XTreme 

Shock shock horror! he could win both TOTY and MOTY here! 

I nominate him due the the invaluable advise he has given throughout moving servers, A MariaDB issue, A lot of information in relation to this new software and for bullying you lot in to coughing up :lol: 

Also for his awesome ride reports to see us through these crap months and make us all jealous! 

Shit! Don't do this to me Stu! I don't want it FFS! spacer.png

• Haha 3

I'm going a little left-field and voting @WD-40 .  He always seems to go the extra mile to help out members with their bike problems, putting in a lot more research than I can be bothered doing :lol:

He has often found guides, videos and manuals etc and posted them for people that need it as well 

• Like 2

My nomination for MOTY......and it's a controversial one.... @dynax

He's always on here, always takes everything in good humour.......though it has to be said that he does leave himself open to pisstaking with his strange ways.

But I reckon he makes a valuable contribution to the forum.......and he's always advising other sad twats who have moped problems!

I'm not sure that any advice from dynax is actually worth listening to though......but it's the thought that counts isn't it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

My nomination for MOTY......and it's a controversial one.... @dynax

He's always on here, always takes everything in good humour.......though it has to be said that he does leave himself open to pisstaking with his strange ways.

But I reckon he makes a valuable contribution to the forum.......and he's always advising other sad twats who have moped problems!

I'm not sure that any advice from dynax is actually worth listening to though......but it's the thought that counts isn't it?

your getting my vote for TOTY cause of your above post.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tiggie said:

I'm going a little left-field and voting @WD-40 .  He always seems to go the extra mile to help out members with their bike problems, putting in a lot more research than I can be bothered doing :lol:

He has often found guides, videos and manuals etc and posted them for people that need it as well 

Cheers @Tiggie The £50 is in the post:classic_biggrin:  I'm going to nominate @gymwitch for man of the year:classic_laugh: for stripping and rebuilding the carbs on her CBR400 and getting the bike running sweet after it was parked for a long time. It's not easy to get a carb rebuild right if it's your first time doing it!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, onesea said:

I think the following deserve nominations for(Man of the Year) 2020 :
@gymwitch
@Slowlycatchymonkey
@Hoggs
@Emily
@helenjp
@Six30
Just because they cannot win, as men....

Hmmm

Yeah @XTreme bit sexist here aren't ya! 

TOTY winner 2020 right there now aren't ya :D 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Obviously if a woman wins it then it'll be WOTY this time round.

I had always read it as Member of the year but NO YOU have made it QUITE clear* obviously trying for nomination for the TOTY.  I do have to apologise to the ladies on here particularly @Six30 who by his own profile picture (although many question what @Six30 actually is) can no longer win the MOTY.

Starting to think your trying to take the pressure of @Six30 in the awards for TOTY,  not certain why everyone knows he's never going to get the Mod gig until gets rid of his manager and his motorbike (s).

*Can I just say this forum is not full of sexist pigs, most welcome females into this male dominated reses of the internet. Being the deprived lecherous men that hang round in such places (generalising not speaking for all (or myself) of course)...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, onesea said:

I had always read it as Member of the year but NO YOU have made it QUITE clear* obviously trying for nomination for the TOTY.  I do have to apologise to the ladies on here particularly @Six30 who by his own profile picture (although many question what @Six30 actually is) can no longer win the MOTY.

Starting to think your trying to take the pressure of @Six30 in the awards for TOTY,  not certain why everyone knows he's never going to get the Mod gig until gets rid of his manager and his motorbike (s).

*Can I just say this forum is not full of sexist pigs, most welcome females into this male dominated reses of the internet. Being the deprived lecherous men that hang round in such places (generalising not speaking for all (or myself) of course)...

Well there used to be a lot more ladies here......not sure what happened to them though.

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Well there used to be a lot more ladies here......not sure what happened to them though.

Probably the sexist attitude shown by some on here to mention no names :D :D :D

4 hours ago, WD-40 said:

Cheers @Tiggie The £50 is in the post:classic_biggrin:  I'm going to nominate @gymwitch for man of the year:classic_laugh: for stripping and rebuilding the carbs on her CBR400 and getting the bike running sweet after it was parked for a long time. It's not easy to get a carb rebuild right if it's your first time doing it!

Really it should be poty of the year, in this politicaly correct world we can't be discriminating