Nominations for TOTY (Twat of the Year) 2020

XTreme

9 minutes ago, learningtofly said:

Is anyone else finding that there's almost too much choice for TOTY? :scratch:

It was thought that it would be a one horse race like last year......but the game seems to be changing.

For anybody who's sitting on the fence regarding nominations I'd draw your attention to @skyrider......who only this week was trying to engage in a meaningful conversation with an automated newsbot! spacer.png

15 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I have received a PM from a member who wishes to remain anonymous but wants to nominate @Gerontious

Nominees so far:

XTreme
six30
rennie
raesewell
Gerontious

how's @rennie in there ... come on , 50,000 good mornings and goodnights dont make him a twat 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, WD-40 said:

I nominate whoever voted via PM:classic_tongue:

Quite right too! In my not remotely humble opinion there's nothing malicious in TOTY - it's just a bit of harmless fun. Anonymous nominations don't appear to be in the spirit of the thing to me, and more importantly they deny the nominee the satisfaction of calling you a twat in return! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MarkW said:

Quite right too! In my not remotely humble opinion there's nothing malicious in TOTY - it's just a bit of harmless fun. Anonymous nominations don't appear to be in the spirit of the thing to me, and more importantly they deny the nominee the satisfaction of calling you a twat in return! 

If the nominator wants to go public then they can......but I can't break a confidence.

After all TOTY is a serious matter!

10 minutes ago, XTreme said:

If the nominator wants to go public then they can......but I can't break a confidence.

After all TOTY is a serious matter!

they'd win SOTY for sue

Seriously now, I'm going to have to take exception to @raesewell being nominated for TOTY.  What some people see as pedantry I see as a selfless devotion to helping some of our less fortunate members express their vacuous, illogical and usually downright moronic ideas in a way that actually gives the rest of us a fighting chance of understanding what the hell they are driveling on about. Just as woolly and imprecise language usually betrays woolly and imprecise thoughts, so illiterate and misspelt posts invariably betray a braindead, bottom-feeding f*ckwit whose opinions are to intellectual discourse what a toddler banging a drum is to jazz.

And don't forget he's doing this for free, and in his own time: if he were a teacher in a school where the pupils were as illiterate as most of the people on here he'd be nominated for a Hearts of Gold award for his efforts, and might even get to meet Esther Rantzen on telly. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, WD-40 said:

For building a trailer for his bike and doing a very good job at it, surely the most twatish thing a biker could do. @husoi gets the nomination:classic_laugh:

Nominees so far:

XTreme
six30
rennie
raesewell
Gerontious
husoi

1 minute ago, MarkW said:

Seriously now, I'm going to have to take exception to @raesewell being nominated for TOTY.  What some people see as pedantry I see as a selfless devotion to helping some of our less fortunate members express their vacuous, illogical and usually downright moronic ideas in a way that actually gives the rest of us a fighting chance of understanding what the hell they are driveling on about. Just as woolly and imprecise language usually betrays woolly and imprecise thoughts, so illiterate and misspelt posts invariably betray a braindead, bottom-feeding f*ckwit whose opinions are to intellectual discourse what a toddler banging a drum is to jazz.

And don't forget he's doing this for free, and in his own time: if he were a teacher in a school where the pupils were as illiterate as most of the people on here he'd be nominated for a Hearts of Gold award for his efforts, and might even get to meet Esther Rantzen on telly. 

sorry Mark disagree , young lady on yesterday asking advice , Oxford was straight in there mocking a spelling mistake.... TOTY nomination is a valid and good call .

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Six30 said:

sorry Mark disagree , young lady on yesterday asking advice , Oxford was straight in there mocking a spelling mistake.... TOTY nomination is a valid and good call .

Look, some deluded knobber has nominated me for MOTY so I need to even things up here with a strong play for TOTY. If you can point me to the post in question I'll jump straight on it and join in taking the piss out of her spelling. :thumb: 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Twat!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Six30 said:

i nominate @James in Brum ...cause i want to .

Nominees so far:

XTreme
six30
rennie
raesewell
Gerontious
husoi
James in Brum

It looked like I was the top contender initially......but now some serious f@cking twats are in the game!

Just now, XTreme said:

Nominees so far:

XTreme
six30
rennie
raesewell
Gerontious
husoi
James in Brum

It looked like I was the top contender initially......but now some serious f@cking twats are in the game!

@Six30 has got some serious competition this year :lol:

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Nominees so far:

XTreme
six30
rennie
raesewell
Gerontious
husoi
James in Brum

that list looks like its in the order of final result to me , :classic_laugh:

hang on... how the fook is @dynax not in there :shock: