Near miss.

Bender

Luckily not me, was sat at mini roundabout, bike comming straight over, woman with kids in car straight out in front of him, missed by inches, mostly down to bike braking, lots of reving and making noise she didn't bat an eyelid.

I passed her about 200yards later she was smiling away and chatting to kids

I think she was absolutely oblivious to the whole thing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Guest Richzx6r
19 minutes ago, learningtofly said:

The level of (un)awareness amongst cagers is bloody terrifying. There by the grace of god, etc.

Either that or she really just doesn't care 

I did try highlighting it as I went past she didn't have a clue, I would have liked to have stopped and had a conversation with her but we were straight onto dual carriageway.

I've had it done to me but never been sat watching it unfold, I would have made a good witness I was already calling her everything under the sun as she pulled out.

Guest Richzx6r
12 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

On a similar theme I can't believe how many people I see on a daily basis cross the road without ever looking both ways or even at all :hammer:

Well that's just natural selection at play if they are hit then that's they're own fault.....

1 hour ago, Richzx6r said:

Well that's just natural selection at play if they are hit then that's they're own fault.....

You would think, but a woman who stepped out without looking whilst also on her phone successfully sued a cyclist who hit her and won.

Had to go to the germfest that’s Bristol centre today and watched a woman step off the pavement in front of a lorry. The lorry driver saw her and wasn’t going very fast so no drama but her daft decision to step out shocked her so she stopped walking and jumped up and down. So there’s now a woman pogoing up n down in front of a lorry with a large bobble hat flapping about. 
My confused expression and the drivers met at the same time, we couldn’t drive on cos we were laughing too much. Brilliant. Love a bit of comedy gold with a random motorist and the no splatting was a bonus. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bender said:

You would think, but a woman who stepped out without looking whilst also on her phone successfully sued a cyclist who hit her and won.

If I remember right the cyclist was going like a bat out of hell on a bike without proper brakes. She still should have looked of course but the collision could have been avoided if the cyclist had been using the road in a responsible manner.

• Like 1

Just now, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

If I remember right the cyclist was going like a bat out of hell on a bike without proper brakes. She still should have looked of course but the collision could have been avoided if the cyclist had been using the road in a responsible manner.

Both were at fault.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I understand he got the short end of the deal because he failed to counter sue.

Just now, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Is that like counter steering but using lawyers? 

Similar 

This was the judges stamens on it, bearing in mind the lights were on green.

The judge said Hazeldean was “a calm and reasonable road user” but was still liable to pay damages, adding: “Cyclists must be prepared at all times for people to behave in unexpected ways.”

2 minutes ago, Bender said:

Similar 

This was the judges stamens on it, bearing in mind the lights were on green.

The judge said Hazeldean was “a calm and reasonable road user” but was still liable to pay damages, adding: “Cyclists must be prepared at all times for people to behave in unexpected ways.”

So slapping them on the arse is ok then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Richzx6r said:

Not for long, the Highway Code is changing to put the onus on motorists to be responsible for the safety of the dim witted Darwin Award nominees 

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/review-of-the-highway-code-to-improve-road-safety-for-cyclists-pedestrians-and-horse-riders

• Sad 1

Guest Richzx6r
12 minutes ago, Mickly said:

Not for long, the Highway Code is changing to put the onus on motorists to be responsible for the safety of the dim witted Darwin Award nominees 

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/review-of-the-highway-code-to-improve-road-safety-for-cyclists-pedestrians-and-horse-riders

Just health and safety gone mad,

In my view you look after your own safety first  ot expect everyone else to look out for you when you are putting yourself in danger 

7 hours ago, learningtofly said:

The level of (un)awareness amongst cagers is bloody terrifying. There by the grace of god, etc.

sometimes they live in their own little world a bit like people on their mobile phones waving and dancing as if the person on the other end can see them, lightweights :classic_rolleyes: