MAG / Motorcycle Action Group

Guest Swagman
3 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I'm waiting until they develop a properly functioning teleport system. No need for silly self driving cars then.

Mind you robbing banks might be a problem.

Not really teleport in rob cash teleport home easy.👍🤣

Edited by Swagman

55 minutes ago, Swagman said:

Not really teleport in rob cash teleport home easy.👍🤣

Ha! "They" will track you with your implanted chip and when you think you are going home you'll materialise in the local nick.

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I'm waiting until they develop a properly functioning teleport system. No need for silly self driving cars then.

you need to get in touch with captain kirk :classic_laugh:

2 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Quantum teleporting is being worked on

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/scientists-achieve-high-fidelity-quantum-teleportation-over-27-mile-distance/vi-BB1cuNhm

Might be a while till you can rob a bank, in the meantime I suggest you re watch or watch for the first time.

The fly, what could go wrong.

Guest Swagman
5 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Ha! "They" will track you with your implanted chip and when you think you are going home you'll materialise in the local nick.

But if I refuse the vaccine then I won’t be chipped.👿😈👿

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, ZX7R said:

Oh dear, confirming a 'breakthrough' meeting before the meeting has even taken place. They don't really understand how these things work.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Oh dear, confirming a 'breakthrough' meeting before the meeting has even taken place. They don't really understand how these things work.

I thought the same and figured the they see the meeting itself as a break through, it is a start.  There is a long wat to go.

I think its established with politicians you not only have to have multiple meeting.  After several meetings you might get an agreement, then the you need lobby to get both parties nearly in agreement, then the hard part, to get them to actually do what they say they are going to do.

2 hours ago, onesea said:

I thought the same and figured the they see the meeting itself as a break through, it is a start.  There is a long wat to go.

I think its established with politicians you not only have to have multiple meeting.  After several meetings you might get an agreement, then the you need lobby to get both parties nearly in agreement, then the hard part, to get them to actually do what they say they are going to do.

Yes, but the snag is that if it as announced as a 'breakthrough' before it's even taken place the politicians have done their job without doing anything. They're less inclined to actually do anything further than holding a meeting. Breakthroughs come out of meetings, not just by arranging one.

2 hours ago, dynax said:

What would be a breakthrough would be some actual pro biking politicians, and even better would be a pro biking party :thumb:

To get one of those you would need to make a large "donation"!... also known as a bung!

• 1 month later...

I thought I'd update this thread with the outcome of the first meeting.

MAG (Selina Lavender, Chair, and Colin Brown, Director of Campaigns and Political Engagement) have met with Baroness Vere.

After the meeting, Baroness Vere stated:

“I thank the representatives of the Motorcycle Action Group for the meeting on Wednesday, and the case they made for motorcycling. I feel there are a number of areas where MAG and the Government can work more closely together in order to raise the profile of motorcycling and improve outcomes for riders.  I have asked MAG to provide me with a list of their top five priorities and look forward to reviewing these.”

Minister offers to help MAG raise the profile of motorcycling. (mag-uk.org)

The list of five priorities has been shared by MAG (if you're a member, you might remember contributing to this):

MAG's ‘top five’ priority list under review by Roads Minister. (mag-uk.org)

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, ZX7R said:

I thought I'd update this thread with the outcome of the first meeting.

MAG (Selina Lavender, Chair, and Colin Brown, Director of Campaigns and Political Engagement) have met with Baroness Vere.

After the meeting, Baroness Vere stated:

“I thank the representatives of the Motorcycle Action Group for the meeting on Wednesday, and the case they made for motorcycling. I feel there are a number of areas where MAG and the Government can work more closely together in order to raise the profile of motorcycling and improve outcomes for riders.  I have asked MAG to provide me with a list of their top five priorities and look forward to reviewing these.”

Minister offers to help MAG raise the profile of motorcycling. (mag-uk.org)

The list of five priorities has been shared by MAG (if you're a member, you might remember contributing to this):

MAG's ‘top five’ priority list under review by Roads Minister. (mag-uk.org)

Bus lanes top of the list 😁 

Safer crash barriers, we have a section of the a1 which has pining rods sticking out, anyone that goes over the barriers is impaled.

8 hours ago, Bender said:

Safer crash barriers, we have a section of the a1 which has pining rods sticking out, anyone that goes over the barriers is impaled.

So I am not the only one who thought that.  First 2 should be regarding safety, for all road users.

1) Better road surfaces,

2) Better marking and removal of hazards for all,

3) Increased clarity, standardisation and allocation for motorcycle parking,

4) Allowance for motorcycles as vunreable road users to use priority lanes, bus/ taxi lanes, car share lanes etc.

there list IMHO does not make us look good..

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bender said:

Yeah I think I recall seeing those. Not good.

It’s a little off topic but hopefully someone in MAG will be lobbying against the Police, Crime and Sentencing Bill about to be debated in the HoC. It, effectively, ties your hands should you wish to protest, and MAG has been instrumental in protests (eg. Attempting to bring Harry Dunn’s killer to justice). Anyone attending a protest with, say, a loud exhaust would fall under this legislation.

E188ABB4-920A-4A09-8974-52AA5B3C871B.jpeg

Edited by Steve_M