Chip shops and what they sell.

onesea

2 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

Truthfully though as my boss has said to me loads of times, there isn't much you cant cover in batter and stick in the pan 🤣

You tried your hand once :P 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

You tried your hand once :P 

I know of one fryer who did much worse than me!  He had a little washing up bowl full of water he used to dunk his hand in to wash off the batter, somehow he got distracted and stuck his hand in the fish pan thinking it was his bowl :shock:

I have no idea how he did it except to say he wasn't the brightest spark :lol:  

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Tiggie said:

I know of one fryer who did much worse than me!  He had a little washing up bowl full of water he used to dunk his hand in to wash off the batter, somehow he got distracted and stuck his hand in the fish pan thinking it was his bowl :shock:

I have no idea how he did it except to say he wasn't the brightest spark :lol:  

Just shows how easy it can be! 

• Like 1

I like chip shops! :thumb: Don't have food from there very often nowadays.

There are all sorts of styles and menus where we live, we use 1 for value,

a different 1 for good fish and a different 1 again for kebabs :classic_biggrin:

I don't like the skin on my battered fish :puke:

21 hours ago, Stu said:

I have created a new category on the map if anyone wants to add any fish and chip shops to it 

Suggestions @Stu instead of making it Chip Shop specific, can you make it Eating places that are not meeting places!

I would not recommend a Chippy in the forest however there is a local Bakery that for £3.60 meal deal gives you FRESH baguette & sticky bun, Crisps and soft drink, they are excellent, then there is a Cafe in Larkhill, an ice cream stop in Dorset. 

Food is much better at them than any local biker stop, however they are not traditional biker stops and never will be biker stops due to parking/ location more than the odd bike would be a problem.

2 hours ago, onesea said:

Suggestions @Stu instead of making it Chip Shop specific, can you make it Eating places that are not meeting places!

I would not recommend a Chippy in the forest however there is a local Bakery that for £3.60 meal deal gives you FRESH baguette & sticky bun, Crisps and soft drink, they are excellent, then there is a Cafe in Larkhill, an ice cream stop in Dorset. 

Food is much better at them than any local biker stop, however they are not traditional biker stops and never will be biker stops due to parking/ location more than the odd bike would be a problem.

I will change biker cafes to just cafes? 

Just now, onesea said:

Hey it was only an idea your the boss :D

Yeah fair one 

But it's not always about me it's about the users ;-)

I will do that though as it makes sense 

• 2 months later...
On 12/01/2021 at 00:29, Tiggie said:

A subject I have knowledge about finally!! :lol:

I have always found that fish is best approx 5 minutes out of the pan. Gives time for the fat to drain away and it not be too ridiculously hot to eat!

We are a busy enough shop that customers don't wait for it to be cooked as we usually have  7 or 8 up or more at busier times.

Fish and Chips is very much a regional thing. Cod down south usually and haddock up north. We often get Londoners in asking for a saveloy or a pudding.  A fish cake is a very different thing in Yorkshire as compared to the rest of the country (Yorkshire: Two slices of potato with fish in the middle)  I have also been into some places (Birmingham was one) that won't do scraps :shock:

My Friday night post scouts was incomplete without scraps. Birmingham 111th scout troop. Things must have changed in the last five decades. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

My Friday night post scouts was incomplete without scraps. Birmingham 111th scout troop. Things must have changed in the last five decades. 

i have had white pudding in scotland and not bad

4 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

@Steve_M could of just been the shop I went into. I remember not being impressed :smile:

The latest craze which thankfully we don't do is an entire battered chip buttie with curry sauce :shock:

IMG-20210303-WA0002.jpeg

It should be made illegal to have chips without curry sauce. The battered butty should be illegal. 

11 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

@Steve_M could of just been the shop I went into. I remember not being impressed :smile:

The latest craze which thankfully we don't do is an entire battered chip buttie with curry sauce :shock:

IMG-20210303-WA0002.jpeg

Depends how they are covered Trinis cook Bread dough in fryer its really nice .

Dough nuts are basically same thing with sugar...

@skyrider didn't bikers get done for this in first lockdown...

I don't believe 258 miles for decent pie and chips is called staying local 🤬😭😢

Edited by onesea

20 minutes ago, onesea said:

Depends how they are covered Trinis cook Bread dough in fryer its really nice .

Dough nuts are basically same thing with sugar...

@skyrider didn't bikers get done for this in first lockdown...

I don't believe 258 miles for decent pie and chips is called staying local 🤬😭😢

no i think that might be pushing it a bit