Fridge or not to fridge!!

Stu

Does chocolate belong in the fridge?   

19 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no!

• Yes
    • No

Depends on what type of chocolate, a hard chocolate or things like chocolate based bars probably not, unless the ambient temperature is very high. Things like chocolate mousse and trifle with cream toppings then yes.

30 minutes ago, dynax said:

Depends on what type of chocolate, a hard chocolate or things like chocolate based bars probably not, unless the ambient temperature is very high. Things like chocolate mousse and trifle with cream toppings then yes.

Well yes but the question was chocolate not puddings.

Until is open keep it in a dry place as long temperature is around 20 to 23c. once you opened the package

1 - no need to store again because the big racoon took it and eat it (my preferred excuse)

2 - if any left keep it in the fridge's door at the top where temperature is not so cold if uneaten for several days.

3 - If you plan to finish it in the next few days then no need for fridge.

What you don't want to do is have the chocolate melting and then put it in the fridge, depending on the cocoa content the elements will split and you have lumps of butter and sugar separated from the cocoa.

The solution for this, melt the chocolate in low eat, mix it thoroughly and put it in the ice cubes tray, let it set and eat it :thumb: 

11 minutes ago, husoi said:

Until is open keep it in a dry place as long temperature is around 20 to 23c. once you opened the package

1 - no need to store again because the big racoon took it and eat it (my preferred excuse)

2 - if any left keep it in the fridge's door at the top where temperature is not so cold if uneaten for several days.

3 - If you plan to finish it in the next few days then no need for fridge.

What you don't want to do is have the chocolate melting and then put it in the fridge, depending on the cocoa content the elements will split and you have lumps of butter and sugar separated from the cocoa.

The solution for this, melt the chocolate in low eat, mix it thoroughly and put it in the ice cubes tray, let it set and eat it :thumb: 

What paragon of superhuman virtue has chocolate that remains only partially eaten? I have noticed that chocolate  has a mysterious habit of subliminating into thin air. At least in my vicinity.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

What paragon of superhuman virtue has chocolate that remains only partially eaten? I have noticed that chocolate  has a mysterious habit of subliminating into thin air. At least in my vicinity.

hence item 1 ;) 

• Like 1

We don’t keep tomatoes in the fridge ... in the fruit bowl with the bananas .. that way you actually get to eat ripe tasty fruit rather than the tasteless marbles straight from Spain ....

Choco always in the fridge ... top shelf in the door where the kids cannot reach it  ..👍

• Like 1

it lasts a little longer in the fridge ........ in that it takes longer to eat........ especially if you like to let it melt in your mouth lol Mines always in a cupboard ........ unless the kids are calling round, then i stick it in the fridge cos they don't go there looking for snacks :) 

5 minutes ago, stedebs said:

it lasts a little longer in the fridge ........ in that it takes longer to eat........ especially if you like to let it melt in your mouth lol Mines always in a cupboard ........ unless the kids are calling round, then i stick it in the fridge cos they don't go there looking for snacks :) 

I put their sweets in the freezer .........🤣

Before my youngest was born it was great in my house for chocolates. I was the only one who liked dark or mint chocolate, or ginger biscuits. So guess what I always used to buy? :classic_biggrin:

When my youngest got to age 4 or so I soon found out she likes all the same stuff as Dad :bang:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

IMHO fridging chocolate is like fridging red wine. The cold kills off the subtle flavours and renders it just a hard lump of sweetness or if dark chocolate just a vaguely chocolate flavoured lump.Not a fan!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

IMHO fridging chocolate is like fridging red wine. The cold kills off the subtle flavours and renders it just a hard lump of sweetness or if dark chocolate just a vaguely chocolate flavoured lump.Not a fan!

If it is soft I can only taste the sweetness 

• Like 1