My Funeral Music ....

Trooper74

1 hour ago, onesea said:

Oh that last silly dream request for my ashes is to be fired form a cannon from lands end so part of me can go to my roots up north and part come south...  However there will probably be the preverbal west wind and I will end up in there faces which is fine, by me  :D 

Although the higher powers will probably not decide in my favour    :angel12:

My grandson has accepted the task of paddling out from Godrevy Beach, in my kayak, and distributing my ashes into the sea ... so the whole family can come and swim with me any time they wish ......................

• Like 1

Well as I won't be around for it I really don't care what the family do. Burn me, bury me or feed me to the fish it'll  make no difference to me. Whatever is cheapest as they are a monumental waste of money imo. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I think the costs involved in funerals are crazy. What’s the cheapest you can do a funeral for? I’d be happy with a cardboard box or a tea chest. Preferably a tea chest, I do like a cup of tea 😂

great stuff is tea :classic_laugh: which reminds me im going to have one right now

3 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I think the costs involved in funerals are crazy. What’s the cheapest you can do a funeral for? I’d be happy with a cardboard box or a tea chest. Preferably a tea chest, I do like a cup of tea 😂

Go with a cardboard coffin. You can either have them printed with whatever takes your fancy, or leave it plain for the grandchildren to decorate.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Go with a cardboard coffin. You can either have them printed with whatever takes your fancy, or leave it plain for the grandchildren to decorate.

Any other top tips?

I’ve just written some simple instructions for the boys n discussed it with my other half and we’ve decided to open a current account in their names and put enough money in there for a couple of funerals, some fish n chips and beer, hopefully they’ll enjoy wasting any change. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rennie said:

I want freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd playing at mine but my best mate already had it at his :scratch:

and I want cremating not burying and absolutely no religion in any way shape or form

How about status quo down down deeper and down? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Bender said:

How about status quo down down deeper and down? 

Oh yes classic 😂

My husband wants an open casket with his arm spring loaded firing money out over the congregation, the one who grabs the most wins.

He would also like it rigged up so at some point in the ceremony his corpse slowly sits up to ACDC’s Back in Black. 
I’ve protested several times that no-one is going to want to carry out this corpse jiggling work but he won’t shift! 😂

• Haha 2

Definitely a Dixieland band 😎

"Ice cream You scream" to be one of them.

On the other hand.. I'll be gone anyway so I don't really care about it :thumb: