Space x starship next launch.

Bender

3 minutes ago, James in Brum said:

You must never watch one again!

But I like watching highly complicated potentially explosive engineering 😁 

I'm definitely watching the full orbital version which should be a bit closer now, and just wait till super heavy is attached, that's yet to fly and land 😁 

• 9 months later...

Starship looked big on its own, super heavy lifter is another level big. 

Everything has been delayed due to FAA looking into the whole sites environmental impact, Nasa wouldn't have such issues, that and some 18000 concerned citizens (twats) that added there voice to concerns. 

I think he should just buy a country. 

• Like 1

I'm all for Elon's efforts to make re-useable rockets.

But like with much of his stuff outside of SpaceX, the things I disagree with, we couldn't be further apart on. He planned on 42,000 satellites to create a world covering internet service. And I'm dead against that, proof being a big solar storm and you pepper the earth in debris. Or make future space travel more difficult by having speeding bullets trapped in a low orbit for hundreds of years. 

The FAA and their environmental impact review is quite ironic to me, along with those crying about the environment. As the work being done will lead to industries like mining being taken off Earth. Elon's long term goal is to turn the planet into a residential area, with most polluting industries moved into space. So it takes quite a failure of comprehending "a little pain now to save a lot later" to get there. But I take the point that the rich will get a whole lot richer, as some of the asteroids up there have more diamond than can be paid for with money on earth. 

Edited by Fozzie

So I have to give up my petrol powered bike and buy an electric vehicle that uses a battery made in a factory owned by this c**t who thinks it's ok to burn thousands of gallons of toxic chemicals just for his own amusement and profit ? He can stick his rockets and his little satellites up his arse . 

Edited by fastbob
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, fastbob said:

So I have to give up my petrol powered bike and buy an electric vehicle that uses a battery made in a factory owned by this c**t who thinks it's ok to burn thousands of gallons of toxic chemicals just for his own amusement and profit ? He can stick his rockets and his little satellites up his arse . 

That's an interesting point 😂 don't think musk is to blame for years of neglect for environmental impact, unfortunately there is no alternative to get heavy loads up into space, his network of starlink aside if it were not musk doing it then it would be nasa or European space agency ir whoever was willing to tender for it. 

He's pushed forward technology that nasa would still be thinking about. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bender said:

That's an interesting point 😂 don't think musk is to blame for years of neglect for environmental impact, unfortunately there is no alternative to get heavy loads up into space, his network of starlink aside if it were not musk doing it then it would be nasa or European space agency ir whoever was willing to tender for it. 

He's pushed forward technology that nasa would still be thinking about. 

Much as I enjoy science fiction and stargazing , I honestly believe that this is nothing more than a collosal vanity project , just as the Apollo Program was a vanity project in a nationalistic arena .  There is no way that humanity is ever going to migrate to " Another Earth " because the distances and the radiation make it impossible to survive the journey . 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fastbob said:

Much as I enjoy science fiction and stargazing , I honestly believe that this is nothing more than a collosal vanity project , just as the Apollo Program was a vanity project in a nationalistic arena .  There is no way that humanity is ever going to migrate to " Another Earth " because the distances and the radiation make it impossible to survive the journey . 

We are off to Mars and the moon, it is happening 😁 

On 30/01/2021 at 14:03, dynax said:

Space 1999 is coming closer to becoming reality I wonder if they will call it Moonbase Alpha when they eventually build one :thumb:

yes we might see some nice young ladies knocking about with short mini skirts and purple wigs 

• Haha 2

Raptor mk 2 has been reduced in size and complexity and has gained thrust increase up from 180t to 230t

Super heavy has 29 with plans to increase to 32

With 29 that's over 5 million lbs of thrust

Saturn V had over 7 million 

Screenshot_20220211-192210~2.png

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Roll up roll up for a non motorbike update, so if you don't like non motorbike threads this ain't for you...... 

Been a while coming but we have a date for full starship orbital launch attempt 

Thursday April 20, 2023

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...