Space x starship next launch.

Bender

The next attempt of space x starship sn9 is penciled in for Monday 

Sn8 went out in a ball of flames and ended up looking like part of a starwars set after it very nearly completed its high altitude flight and landing, should be a good watch either way.

Here's the recap of last flight.

38 minutes ago, Bender said:

The next attempt of space x starship sn9 is penciled in for Monday 

Sn8 went out in a ball of flames and ended up looking like part of a starwars set after it very nearly completed its high altitude flight and landing, should be a good watch either way.

Here's the recap of last flight.

looks a bit like fireball xl 5

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

It makes a bigger hole in the ground when it lands.

Nope it hit the landing pad no hole 😁 

@James in Brum it's much bigger.

final version will have 4 of its own engines not 3, for earth orbit it's still going to have to be strapped to a super heavy booster.

the idea is it can carry huge loads and tens of people, it's designed so it can land and take off without the booster from the moon or Mars.

There’s already a Tesla car on its way to Mars .... I wonder how long it will be before Rotherham Council can get a Parking Warden there ready for it .....

Edited by Trooper74
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

30 minutes ago, fullscreenaging said:

Imagine spending years in animation to get to Mars and being woken up for landing.......

Time it right and Mars is only a 6 month ish journey, first landing party are going to be the big risk takers, no backup rescue out there.

The level of control and computing power on starships is such that they will be able to send supplies out and either land or put them in holding orbit, they are exciting times.

Be exciting trying to workout where to land them without them falling over or sinking into Mars.

I would be up for going to either the moon or mars, as long I can take my bikes :classic_cool:

Just need to tell the mrs that her application was rejected 😈

• Haha 1

While i was still serving i applied for British Antarctic Survey duties .... And soon after found out my then girlfriend ( now wife )had also applied after hearing me talk about it ... 

That was a difficult afternoon ... a few tears, 2 bottles of wine ..  and an amazing evening .. !!! :classic_biggrin:

Neither of us was selected  ....:classic_sad:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Bender said:

I told the wife I would be up for risking a possible 1way trip to Mars, I'm not allowed apparently.

Well...

So I'll be there riding my bike and you won't be there.. :P 

Just hope there is access to the forum from there :thumb:

9 minutes ago, husoi said:

Well...

So I'll be there riding my bike and you won't be there.. :P 

Just hope there is access to the forum from there :thumb:

Not being allowed and nipping off for a year or 2 is a different thing 😁 

Musk is wanting to extend starlink to Mars and have full Internet between Mars and earth, unless someone works out quantum entanglement there is going to be serious ping times.

16 minutes ago, Bender said:

I told the wife I would be up for risking a possible 1way trip to Mars, I'm not allowed apparently.

You've already been there Bender ... Pizza delivery I believe ....:classic_smile:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Bender said:

Not being allowed and nipping off for a year or 2 is a different thing 😁 

Musk is wanting to extend starlink to Mars and have full Internet between Mars and earth, unless someone works out quantum entanglement there is going to be serious ping times.

2 tin cans and string it worked for us as kids :lol:

Just now, S-Westerly said:

Honestly believe this will happen but by private individuals like Musk and Branson. Governments are too risk averse and bogged down in bureaucratic red tape. 

And/or not prioritising the billions it costs. That is short sighted because the economy benefits from these big projects. But then we have not maintained our infrastructure over the past fifteen years let alone made it ready for 15 years time so what do we expect.

• Like 1