Space x starship next launch.

Bender

1 minute ago, James in Brum said:

And/or not prioritising the billions it costs. That is short sighted because the economy benefits from these big projects. But then we have not maintained our infrastructure over the past fifteen years let alone made it ready for 15 years time so what do we expect.

and do they not think that we have enough troubles here on earth at the moment without looking for it elsewhere :classic_unsure:

Estimate for Sn8 going bang was into couple hundred million and Musk announced it as a success and they always have a few new prototypes being developed and built with improvements added, I think sn9 or 10 is having heatshield fitted for full re entry.

1 minute ago, Bender said:

Estimate for Sn8 going bang was into couple hundred million and Musk announced it as a success and they always have a few new prototypes being developed and built with improvements added, I think sn9 or 10 is having heatshield fitted for full re entry.

yep i have one of those on the serow :classic_laugh:

6 minutes ago, skyrider said:

and do they not think that we have enough troubles here on earth at the moment without looking for it elsewhere :classic_unsure:

I think it's the troubles here that's driving Musk to move planets, also with the gravity of Mars exploring further a field becomes easier, part of the Human condition is to explore.

• Like 1

It's the same in the usa which was one of the reasons for the appeal of Trump. Too much crumbling infrastructure of basic things like roads, hospitals, railways etc. PFI was a failure as government  is hopeless generally at making commercial  agreements. Maybe after the pandemic there will be fresh ways of doing things, like the vaccine programme which looks like a success so far. But I won't hold my breath!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

It's the same in the usa which was one of the reasons for the appeal of Trump. Too much crumbling infrastructure of basic things like roads, hospitals, railways etc. PFI was a failure as government  is hopeless generally at making commercial  agreements. Maybe after the pandemic there will be fresh ways of doing things, like the vaccine programme which looks like a success so far. But I won't hold my breath!

The UK infrastructure is like the NHS ... It doesn’t matter how much money you throw at it it will absorb it, get no better, and move on.

Fresh ways of doing things ... Sack everyone in the NHS on a contract with a basic value over £100k ... if we really need them we‘ll have them back as contractors at an hourly rate ... Apply the same criteria to Highways England and all other infrastructure groups ...  with me chaps ?

The problem with fresh ideas is just that .... we don’t like change in the UK ... otherwise we wouldn’t still have Boris and his bunch of murdering clowns ...

I’m with you SW .... but i doubt many others would be ...

2 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

The UK infrastructure is like the NHS ... It doesn’t matter how much money you throw at it it will absorb it, get no better, and move on.

Fresh ways of doing things ... Sack everyone in the NHS on a contract with a basic value over £100k ... if we really need them we‘ll have them back as contractors at an hourly rate ... Apply the same criteria to Highways England and all other infrastructure groups ...  with me chaps ?

The problem with fresh ideas is just that .... we don’t like change in the UK ... otherwise we wouldn’t still have Boris and his bunch of murdering clowns ...

I’m with you SW .... but i doubt many others would be ...

Yep, do the same for the Military & the Government.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mickly said:

Yep, do the same for the Military & the Government.

Good idea .... In the Armed Forces of the UK, 4 ranks, the highest, 28 people, earn over £100,000 per annum ..The highest being £108,000. According to the Armed Forces Pay Review Body 2019 ... How many non clinical members of the NHS earn over £100,000 i wonder ...

Anyway .... back to Starships ... and huge explosions on launch pads ..... :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Trooper74

The cost will be covered by a new series of Big Brother Mars and Married at first landing 🤣

Imagine how many millions they will make out of it

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I don't get what all the fuss is about. Thunderbird 1 had that technique perfected years ago.

And it looked better.

Iirc it was Thunderbird 3 that went into space not Thunderbird 1 :thumb:

8 minutes ago, dynax said:

Iirc it was Thunderbird 3 that went into space not Thunderbird 1 :thumb:

Yes, but Thunderbird 1 had the vertical landing shown. TB3 must have had the same capability given its launch hangar but so far as I can remember it was never actually shown.

Plus TB1 is a lot cooler than TB3.

I don't see the point of going to Mars as it was found to be full of nasty fire breathing rock snakes which caused the demise of the Martian mission. I went to see that with my mates for my 5th birthday. Scared the crap out of me. 

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Yes, but Thunderbird 1 had the vertical landing shown. TB3 must have had the same capability given its launch hangar but so far as I can remember it was never actually shown.

Plus TB1 is a lot cooler than TB3.

I don't see the point of going to Mars as it was found to be full of nasty fire breathing rock snakes which caused the demise of the Martian mission. I went to see that with my mates for my 5th birthday. Scared the crap out of me. 

but thunderbird 2 could carry all the gear 👍