Roadmap out of lockdown

onesea

46 minutes ago, Turbogirlie said:

This is better known as the 'Stanley Johnson' rule.  2nd home owners/lettings/rental agents can travel to the accommodation to inspect/prepare it but if it's miles away and you can't stay over, who wants a massive round trip in one day?  It's barmy, the whole lot of it.

The Stanley  Johnson version's worse.: If you are rich enough to have a second home abroad that is one of the allowed reasons to travel out if the country.  Anyone deciding they'd like to go and chill out somewhere (assuming you could find anywhere plague free) can expect a £5000 fine just for turning up at an airport.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pie man said:

Missed the latest new brief. Has the stay local rule been abolished, thinking of venturing out this week after work. 

As I understand the issue is what is local?

I might live 5 miles from Dorset but there police are notoriously difficult so I might go east instead...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, onesea said:

I might live 5 miles from Dorset but there police are notoriously difficult so I might go east 

Anywhere in the Northwest is local for me then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, onesea said:

I might live 5 miles from Dorset but there police are notoriously difficult so I might go east instead...

Tell me about it!!!! In Dorset, Until today it was a joke 3 times I've been followed, last time police car did a U turn when I was coming out of petrol station 200yds from my house!! So I lead him around the back streets of Parkstone!

He pissed off after 2 miles of 20mph roads and speed bumps!

But today did 127 miles and no police!!! Fingers crossed hoping to get out tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Six30 said:

fook it, just go where you want ... if you do get pulled , just act dumb .... that wont be hard for most of you :thumb:

Now now! don't judge us all by your standards :P 

• Haha 1

On 29/03/2021 at 22:35, Pie man said:

Missed the latest new brief. Has the stay local rule been abolished, thinking of venturing out this week after work. 

So just to confuse us all the more, we are allowed to do 'minimal travel' in England for the next 2 weeks but we are urged to stay local.  HOWEVER...it's guidance only to stay local, not enforceable by law.  So enjoy the Easter weekend and ride safe.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Turbogirlie said:

So just to confuse us all the more, we are allowed to do 'minimal travel' in England for the next 2 weeks but we are urged to stay local.  HOWEVER...it's guidance only to stay local, not enforceable by law.  So enjoy the Easter weekend and ride safe.

I'm a member of the National Trust and they have emailed members inviting them to visit places that are open. So if that's ok then staying local seems to allow a fair degree of travel. 

It's about using common sense. You'd better off traveling 30 miles to walk alone than 1 mile to fill a park with people.

• Like 3

I've been riding / driving about 100 miles from home albeit remaining in England.  I haven't ventured into Wales nor into any large town until yesterday when I went to Bristol. 

• Like 2

Just now, S-Westerly said:

I've been riding / driving about 100 miles from home albeit remaining in England.  I haven't ventured into Wales nor into any large town until yesterday when I went to Bristol. 

N Wales is our usual playground as it is so close. But it's still not open to cross the border. I think that may change after 12 April?

I think it's ridiculous we have different rules for different parts of the UK. Our daughter lives just inside Wales but works in England and the rules are just silly. 

• Like 5

Beyond silly I think. Stark raving bonkers with a few expletives thrown in. Friend of mine lives near Wrexham and his nearest supermarket in England is just over a mile. Turned away by the cops so has to go 15 miles to one in Wales. Ludicrous. Also given we are a single country and that Welsh and English law are the same how legal is it? A shame some rich person never challenged it in full court.

• Like 3

My roadmap changed from the coast to Doncaster Airport, Gainsborough, up the Trent on the west side, east to Sandtoft Airport then out along the Doncaster plain via McD’s hot choco at Thorne ..... nice run out ...

fullsizeoutput_3b7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3b8.jpeg

Edited by Trooper74
  • Like 4

Well that's nearly 100 miles done, went out towards Thorne then I think I followed the A18 to Crowle, picked up the A161 to Gainsborough, onto Retford then Worksop, went A57 towards Sheffield, picked up another road to Rotherham, found the A161 going back to Bawtry ended up going through Tickhill and onto the A60 back home to donny. Didn't manage to empty the tank still half left :lol: but it was a great ride, and went on some new to me roads and went through some new to me towns and villages which was a bonus :thumb:

• Like 5

On 02/04/2021 at 16:31, dynax said:

Didn't manage to empty the tank still half left

Rubbish! I started at my local Tesco, then had to top up before coming home. 180m in total 😜🤣

Best day so far this year !!!!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Jerry1111 said:

Rubbish! I started at my local Tesco, then had to top up before coming home. 180m in total 😜🤣

:lol: Xena has an 18L tank and I only topped her up last Wednesday before doing my CBT on Thursday so she had nearly a full tank :thumb:

9 hours ago, Jerry1111 said:

You weren`t heading along the A6116 near Corby about 2.15 were you?

Cheers

Ian