Any of our Scottish riders experienced these?

fullscreenaging

I think if I came across these weird lines on the road and didn’t know what they were I would probably slow down out of curiosity. In that respect I think the results are skewed and biased in favour of the experiment. If they are rolled out across the country and bikers eventually recognise the signs, surely this will end up having the same affect as the signs in place now?

https://www.devittinsurance.com/guides/motorcycle-features/mystery-biker-road-signs/

56 minutes ago, Stu said:

This is just taking the riding out of riding IMO 

best days of riding are gone i think , especially in the uk.... cameras , camera vans that could be around any corner, stupid speed limits , to many cars...

1 minute ago, Six30 said:

best days of riding are gone i think , especially in the uk.... cameras , camera vans that could be around any corner, stupid speed limits , to many cars...

Nonsense! 

That just means you're riding the wrong roads ;-) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Nonsense! 

That just means you're riding the wrong roads ;-) 

yeht there are good roads .... you know what i mean though.

Edited by Six30
  • Like 1

Just now, Six30 said:

yeht there are good roads .... you know what i mean though.

I think what spoils it more for me these days is the amount of traffic out there!! 

But the point I was making with the comment of taking riding out of riding is that the signs are designed and the markings so people take the correct line through the bend! 

Can people not think for themselves these days! 

parking sensors, adaptive cruise, self braking, lane assist etc etc pretty much self driving/riding and not much user input 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

I think what spoils it more for me these days is the amount of traffic out there!! 

But the point I was making with the comment of taking riding out of riding is that the signs are designed and the markings so people take the correct line through the bend! 

Can people not think for themselves these days! 

parking sensors, adaptive cruise, self braking, lane assist etc etc pretty much self driving/riding and not much user input 

I agree - what happens if someone is used to driving a car with crash sensors/self braking etc. then jumps into a 'basic vehicle' with no optional extras to assist...  The system wants sheeple, not people who think for themselves... and yes, there is a heck of a lot of traffic around nowadays...  :(

Just now, Turbogirlie said:

I agree - what happens if someone is used to driving a car with crash sensors/self braking etc. then jumps into a 'basic vehicle' with no optional extras to assist...  The system wants sheeple, not people who think for themselves... and yes, there is a heck of a lot of traffic around nowadays...  :(

You mean like my mate who keeps forgetting to use his handbrake as his old car had an automatic one? 

• Haha 3

I will admit to sometimes misreading a bend on roads I don't know, my own silly fault I know. But whilst growing old is mandatory growing up is not.

So, I can see the thinking that a hint you're about to take an excursion into the undergrowth might seem like a good idea.

But my concern is that if riders get lazy and start relying on the road to tell them what to do that will lead to lower standards of riding and potentially more risk.

The driver aids in modern cars seem to be leading to poorer standards of driving. The safer people feel the less risk aware they become.

• Like 1

Next they will start painting "best route" lines. Like in Mario Kart... 🙄

They don't have anything better where to spend the money that in that crap.

Try first remove the manhole covers from the bends, that would help, instead of this shaite.

1 hour ago, husoi said:

Next they will start painting "best route" lines. Like in Mario Kart... 🙄

They don't have anything better where to spend the money that in that crap.

Try first remove the manhole covers from the bends, that would help, instead of this shaite.

Wouldn't surprise me if some barmpot at the council decides to do something similar for potholes, instead of repairing them, paint a big warning circle around them. 

fail 40 year old virgin GIF

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pie man said:

Wouldn't surprise me if some barmpot at the council decides to do something similar for potholes, instead of repairing them, paint a big warning circle around them. 

fail 40 year old virgin GIF

If spray cans were cheaper I would go around painting "welcome to Fife" at all potholes here.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, husoi said:

If spray cans were cheaper I would go around painting "welcome to Fife" at all potholes here.

Nah! You need to catch some Haggis and and display them on stakes in front of the potholes :thumb:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Stu said:

You mean like my mate who keeps forgetting to use his handbrake as his old car had an automatic one? 

I still smack my hand trying to grab for the handbrake in the car I have, with its auto handbrake.
I've had it 6 years, would have thought i'd learnt by now, but nope. Still have handbrakes in postie
vans though, so could be why.

1 minute ago, Stu said:

But if you follow the instructions you wont hit them 🤔 

Yea right. 

• Haha 1