Rant of the day

MikeHorton

4 hours ago, fastbob said:

I believe I've got the 3.3 gallon tank but there's nothing inside it except petrol . EFI models have all kinds of gubbins in the tank taking up space . 

Screenshot_20210919-162844.png

Wait till you get your Dyna then they have 2 ruddy fuel gauges one conventional in the tank and one electronic with range estimate on the dash presumably both taking up space in the tank lol.

Admittedly Dyna tank on the 1584cc is larger I believe.

Cheers

Ian

6 hours ago, billy sugger said:

Why do HD use such small tanks? I get 200 miles on a tank before hitting reserve, which is good for 25 miles or so. I would hate having to plan trips around fuel stations

Styling , no other reason . The Sportster has been a retro bike ever since it was outclassed by the Honda 750 four . And it's been a retro bike since long before the Japanese manufacturers started turning out retro bikes . So the styling is archaic and that's what sells ..

On 01/10/2021 at 18:33, billy sugger said:

Idiots that drive at night with no lights on. Surely they can see the road is dark in front of them? 

Ive been seeing this weekly since the days have shortened.

Saw one Chelsea tractor with just from fogs on nothing on rear and oblivious to what's happening so obviously she drives like that all the time and has no idea how to use her lights. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, daveinlim said:

Ive been seeing this weekly since the days have shortened.

Saw one Chelsea tractor with just from fogs on nothing on rear and oblivious to what's happening so obviously she drives like that all the time and has no idea how to use her lights. 

But surely if you have a plethora of active Driver Assistance Systems and a Sat Nav , why do you need lights if there's no need to look out of the windows ? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, fastbob said:

Styling , no other reason . The Sportster has been a retro bike ever since it was outclassed by the Honda 750 four . And it's been a retro bike since long before the Japanese manufacturers started turning out retro bikes . So the styling is archaic and that's what sells ..

It's not just HD though, fastbob, even most custom builds in USA have minute tanks. What was it HC rode over there in his road trip programme? He had to keep stopping to fill that up. 

On a side note, I loved it when he visited where Clint had been mayor. No fast food joints or Costa's etc. What the yanks gonna eat? 🤣

2 hours ago, billy sugger said:

It's not just HD though, fastbob, even most custom builds in USA have minute tanks. What was it HC rode over there in his road trip programme? He had to keep stopping to fill that up. 

On a side note, I loved it when he visited where Clint had been mayor. No fast food joints or Costa's etc. What the yanks gonna eat? 🤣

A couple of great bars, plenty of coffee shops, clints restaurant is fab,  loads of doughnuts, fast food aplenty, Starbucks, rio grill, rg burgers, crossroads bbq, were you asleep when you passed through 😂 

1 hour ago, billy sugger said:

Much  of that trend  stems from the builders of early choppers taking tanks off the Mustang economy bike . 

Screenshot_20211004-210154.png

The Bobber is much the same - 9 litre tank. The 2021 version has the bigger tank off the Speedmaster but I think it ruins the look of the bike. When people ask how practical the Bobber is my answer is that if you are asking that question then it's not the bike for you. It's totally impractical, which is why I love it - as a second bike for playing out on.

We had a bathroom fitter coming to do a new bathroom in a house we rent. He promised the second week in September. That's slipped - no great surprise - until it's now 11th Oct. So I booked the week of 25th Oct off so I could do the decorating when the job is finished. Now he's just told me he can't start until the 25th, so that's my week off wasted and I don't have any more time I can take until after Christmas.

Why can't people stick to what they promise?

@Mississippi Bullfrog 

That's so frustrating! Similar thing here with the brickie who's coming to mend our garden wall. But he's been set about by all kinds of difficulties - his workmate's been injured and can't work, then he got covid and had to isolate and so on, so it's been a tough year for him. He's already given us two dates, and now were waiting for him to give us a third. But I've got off lightly with it all, as I don't need to book time off to have him do the work.

I could name one or two bike garages that operate like that . " No problem , bring it in on Monday morning "  ........ Half past five the following Friday " No need to keep calling , we'll call you " I'm sure they get a kick out of it . It's especially infuriating when it's a one hour job . Never again ! 

Edited by fastbob

Bloody naughty websites.... No not the usual ones that @Stu would be visiting but those deceiving gits who say and look like a UK company only to find they are in Greece!

TPL Parts, I was looking to purchase a nice Akra exhaust for the bike and thought I'd confirm they have stock before ordering on the site. They come back with that they are basedin Greece not the UK as per all the look of the website!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fish said:

Bloody naughty websites.... No not the usual ones that @Stu would be visiting but those deceiving gits who say and look like a UK company only to find they are in Greece!

TPL Parts, I was looking to purchase a nice Akra exhaust for the bike and thought I'd confirm they have stock before ordering on the site. They come back with that they are basedin Greece not the UK as per all the look of the website!

Whilst I feel your annoyance if you scroll to the bottom of the page it clearly states the address and its a member of a Greek trade body of some sort 

Screenshot_20211007-190541.png

40 minutes ago, Fish said:

Oi! the only dodgy place I visit is here :lol: 

• Haha 1

Just now, Bender said:

It's what he does when he gets to doggy place 👍 

He was once heard saying he could drive a bus through that,  voice from behind a Bush @Six30 said its more than you do at work..... 

we was in the back of @Six30's van! not behind a bush! 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Fish said:

What the hell is an Akra exhaust ? Surely not one of these Chinese £35 jobs with an Akrapovic sticker on ? 

1 minute ago, Bender said:

But six said he couldn't see anything for the Bush.... 

Anyway its old news now! he has flounced off I think to get fingered by some fake Spanish dude! 

:popcorn:

Meanwhile in some godforsaken fly blown wilderness , scorched by a relentless sun , there stands the ruins of a deserted mental hospital / castanet factory . The windows are shattered now and a solitary shutter creaks and bangs as a mournful hot wind moans through the rusting bars . No sign of life now except a dried up turd in a corner left by a long dead shepherd in 1973 . But wait .... What is this I see ? There are two motorbikes parked outside in the baking sun . Can it be ?  ....... To be continued ( not really ) 

Edited by fastbob
  • Haha 3