Buggers have salted the roads again.

nickjaxe

Took the car to work this morning and thought oh well saved cleaning the bike today….  

Its daupys like today that one spot without grit could cause tears for all…. Also guessing the councils have not had an excuse to spread salt this year and if they don’t use it they won’t get a big enough budget the next year!

19 minutes ago, fastbob said:

There's snow in Hull

How do you know :shock: 

I hope you're not stalking me again :lol: 

There has been very little but not enough to warrant the gritters being out again :roll: 

16 hours ago, Stu said:

How do you know :shock: 

I hope you're not stalking me again :lol: 

There has been very little but not enough to warrant the gritters being out again :roll: 

No , I have a Facebook Friend and colourful character called Katie who rides a Shovelhead and lives on a boat near Goole . 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, fastbob said:

No , I have a Facebook Friend and colourful character called Katie who rides a Shovelhead and lives on a boat near Goole . 

That's miles away from Hull 😂

I know Goole very well, but these days we're on the opposite side of the Pennines.

Did 40 miles each way yesterday on the XJR.  Coming out of work there was a flurry of snow.  Undone all my hard work on Sunday with the Muc-Off, oh well.

I think something with more wind protection and fewer shiny bits might be in order for commuting and touring.

Would it be considered extravagant to own an XJR1300 and an FJR1300?

• Like 1

Can imaging the flip side of this ...

Buggers have not gritted the Road .....

Need to buy tyre chains or spiked tyres to get anywhere  .

On 31/03/2022 at 18:07, nickjaxe said:

Salted the roads again.....so no biking for me till we have had plenty rain.....not a spot of ICE ANYWHERE.

Perhaps no ice as they gritted the roads previously ...

Fitted my brake pads on the rear and went for a quick ride to test all okay. By the time I got back after just 5 miles the bike was covered in white salty crud do a good wash down. Top of the road from me 3 country meet its a lottery but looks like Staffordshire went the most crazy with salt 

6 minutes ago, fastbob said:

It's on the same river isn't it ? 

Nope! Goole is on the Ouse Hull is on the Humber or River Hull depending on how you look at it! 

About 30 miles to Goole from here :D 

22 hours ago, Stu said:

Nope! Goole is on the Ouse Hull is on the Humber or River Hull depending on how you look at it! 

Oh , ok then , I must have not looked too closely . 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Stu said:

Hang on there one second . The Ouse merges with the Trent to become the Humber . I'd call that the same river . 

Screenshot_20220405-220348.png

Just now, fastbob said:

Hang on there one second . The Ouse merges with the Trent to become the Humber . I'd call that the same river . 

Screenshot_20220405-220348.png

The humber is an estuary not a river :D