Monimoto Tracker

Bought one of these self fit trackers yesterday after some speaking to a guy at work who has one 

Read some of the reviews and thought I would give it a bash seen as though theft is getting rife around here. 

Fitted it in a inconspicuous place and gave it a try 

Within a minute I was getting a call to my mobile to alert me that the bike had moved 

Followed by notifications showing its position 

Its nice and small too probably smaller than a pack of 20 fags 

20230319_161334.jpg

20230319_162427.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Bought one of these self fit trackers yesterday after some speaking to a guy at work who has one 

Read some of the reviews and thought I would give it a bash seen as though theft is getting rife around here. 

Fitted it in a inconspicuous place and gave it a try 

Within a minute I was getting a call to my mobile to alert me that the bike had moved 

Followed by notifications showing its position 

Its nice and small too probably smaller than a pack of 20 fags 

20230319_161334.jpg

20230319_162427.jpg

Oh come on ! that's only the start of the story.  How did it move and where to and did you get it back ?   Or is there something about the rest of this that needn't be published ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Oh come on ! that's only the start of the story.  How did it move and where to and did you get it back ?   Or is there something about the rest of this that needn't be published ?

I Rode it down my street and left the fob in the house 

And for full affect I never had an helmet on 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Stu said:

I Rode it down my street and left the fob in the house 

And for full affect I never had an helmet on 😛

I bet you didn't, park it in the river or set it on fire at the local park at the end of the ride, just to be authentic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I keep thinking about one but I can't find anywhere on the Bobber to hide it. There's just nowhere to put it that isn't obvious other than underneath the tank and it seems that's a bad idea. 

I suppose that's what you get for buying a minimalist bike. 

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I keep thinking about one but I can't find anywhere on the Bobber to hide it. There's just nowhere to put it that isn't obvious other than underneath the tank and it seems that's a bad idea. 

Believe it or not I had the same issue with mine! 

There wasn't many places I could place it without making modifications 

Obviously I'm not going to post where it is 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

In the air box?

Never really thought about a tracker. The security of my own bike rests on one simple premise. If the thieves don't know where the bike is, they can't steal it. I just keep an eye on the mirrors when I turn into my road and if I suspect Im being followed then my behaviour changes. I don't go straight home. The bike is never left outside my house for even a minute. And anyone coming up to my house won't see any obvious signs. if they were daring enough to come up to my fence/gate and look over, they won't see a bike. this strategy seems to work.

I can to an extent understand why people buy these. but to me, they are of no use whatsoever. But that's down to my personal history and 'story'. if someone wants to nick my bike. they can have it. its insured. but they've got to find it first.

It has movement detection, I suppose I have the false reassurance that if I'm in a shop and someone tries to move the bike I can be an all action hero and stop it from being stolen, not. 🥴

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pie man said:

It has movement detection, I suppose I have the false reassurance that if I'm in a shop and someone tries to move the bike I can be an all action hero and stop it from being stolen, not. 🥴

Exactly! 

As bikes don't just get stolen from home a tracker can serve a good purpose 

Asleep in a B&B/Hotel/camping? your phone will ring if its moved 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Exactly! 

As bikes don't just get stolen from home a tracker can serve a good purpose 

Asleep in a B&B/Hotel/camping? your phone will ring if its moved 

I bought mine about 3 years ago, we had a trip planned to Wales, parking was behind the B&B in the town centre, no security, only disc lock and Monimoto. I have seen it before abroad, pissed up yoofs coasting down hills on unlocked scooters. Ask me how I know 🤣🤣  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Believe it or not I had the same issue with mine! 

There wasn't many places I could place it without making modifications 

Obviously I'm not going to post where it is 😂

🤔 Is it hidden behind the bmw badge, next to the microwave, the nija air fryer and the bbq, still plenty of room left I guess 😁 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Bender said:

🤔 Is it hidden behind the bmw badge, next to the microwave, the nija air fryer and the bbq, still plenty of room left I guess 😁 

No I thought the microwave would block the signal but actually it was the badge that did it in the end, 

• Haha 4

I thought long and hard about a tracker when I got the MV. I decided instead to put my money into gap insurance. For £180, if the bike's written off in the first 5 years, they'll make up the insurance pay out to the amount it cost. Seemed to me to be good value, especially seeing depreciation on MVs is steeper than most. 

• Like 1

Got one of these a while ago, along with an extra fob. I keep a fob in both my winter jacket, and summer jacket after too many false alarms when wearing the wrong one. (Don't keep fob with your keys!😬).

Feel a bit daft taking my jacket with me just to get the bike out of it's shed for a wash etc though. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I had a very quick reply,  which is that where there is no mobile signal it won't work. So it would only work for me when I'm out. If someone nicked the bike from home they'd be a mile away before it connected. 

It can take seconds to take a bike as we all know and it will never stop them but at least you can follow/find it and hopefully let the law take action 

I would never recommend kicking shit out of them yourself but it wouldn't be my fault if they fell over multiple times thus breaking limbs in the process 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Stu said:

It can take seconds to take a bike as we all know and it will never stop them but at least you can follow/find it and hopefully let the law take action 

I would never recommend kicking shit out of them yourself but it wouldn't be my fault if they fell over multiple times thus breaking limbs in the process 🤔

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.  They nicked my bike years ago and made the mistake of trying to outrun me. The guy riding it lost it on a bend and went headlong into a tree. 

It totalled the bike of course. 

And he wasn't looking too clever either. 

The bit about the tracker that appeals is notification when someone moves it. But that's less helpful when it won't do anything until it's over the hill and gone. By that time you generally don't want it back. 

Maybe when we move back into civilization.  

• Like 1