What did you do WITH your bike today.

Trooper74

24 minutes ago, curlylegend said:

Oh, come on !  We need more than that !

Charity ride for the Royal British Legion.  Squires Cafe (east of Leeds) -> Berwick upon Tweed -> Edinburgh -> Wick -> Fort William -> Bolton -> Squires.

Left at 5.00am got back just before 1.00am. Got rained on (a lot, some with hail in it) and saw temperatures as low as 5c at near enough midday. Sore back, sore shoulders, sore arse, but last year we raised over £30k for the British Legion so well worth it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2136600153073601

https://www.rblr1000.co.uk/

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Capt Sisko said:

Charity ride for the Royal British Legion.  Squires Cafe (east of Leeds) -> Berwick upon Tweed -> Edinburgh -> Wick -> Fort William -> Bolton -> Squires.

Left at 5.00am got back just before 1.00am. Got rained on (a lot, some with hail in it) and saw temperatures as low as 5c at near enough midday. Sore back, sore shoulders, sore arse, but last year we raised over £30k for the British Legion so well worth it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2136600153073601

https://www.rblr1000.co.uk/

Wow! 

Well done all. 

Can we add to your sponsorship? 

Edited by Simon Davey

Gave up trying to invent the wheel.

Stopped messing around, took the 2 pan's wheels to a garage and in 10 min they fitted the internal TMPS, balanced the wheels and got it ready tom go on the bike.

Total cost, 20 quid

This after spending 3hrs to get one side of the rear tyre off the bead on the rim.

Some works are better done by those who know how.ro and have the pepper tools

Next time, fit them on the shadow 

IMG20240602134239.thumb.jpg.21aef65abeb135d6d4aabb5b948fe7f3.jpgIMG20240602134250.thumb.jpg.dbdf93dc0efd7bf9f6278a9e9828c92f.jpg

• Like 3

Long awaited week off work this week. Really looking forward to getting the VFR out and putting a few miles on her in the warm sunshine.  Could not wait for last week to end.

The grim reality.  Wind, rain, cloud and cold.

To cap it off, the missus started with a cough, sore throat and joint aches on Saturday.  I started on Monday....  Great holiday.

Have I mentioned how lucky I am?

Edited by Tinkicker
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Rode to Aberystwyth via Hereford and Rhayader. Good ride over especially on the A44. Wished to god I'd worn my winter gear though as I was bloody freezing! 11 C in June  FFS.

Came back by way of Carmarthen which was a mistake as there were loads of villages which of course are all 20 mph. Couple of sneaky speed traps as well ( which I avoided). Some cheap petrol though £1.399 which wasn't bad.20240612_150629.thumb.jpg.0289e4a69ab24edb4d3f98031dc0a482.jpg

• Like 5

Sold the Kawasaki, owned for 18 mths, covered 6000miles, unused since Sept last year as I’ve given up commuting on the bikes.

20230115_143730.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Sort of “with “ the bike .. we’ve booked the day trip to the Southern 100, leave the bikes at Heysham … we’re delivered to the paddock with brekkie, watch a day’s racing, home with dinner … ride to local Premier Inn .. sleep, ride home £150 for 2 …. Why would you not..

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

Sort of “with “ the bike .. we’ve booked the day trip to the Southern 100, leave the bikes at Heysham … we’re delivered to the paddock with brekkie, watch a day’s racing, home with dinner … ride to local Premier Inn .. sleep, ride home £150 for 2 …. Why would you not..

Good time bargain for sure. 

We went to do our stint on the naughty step for going too fast. 22 folks there but only me on a bike. I was good, kept my mouth shut (mostly) and have to avoid being done for next 3 years.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Looked at the Pan, called her expensive bitch wanting to take me to bankruptcy 🤬

• Haha 2
  • Sad 3

On 13/06/2024 at 12:57, S-Westerly said:

We went to do our stint on the naughty step for going too fast. 22 folks there but only me on a bike. I was good, kept my mouth shut (mostly) and have to avoid being done for next 3 years.

I’ve been on a couple, my main take out was how absolutely ignorant of the most basic rules of the road a lot of fellow participants were.

• Haha 1

Maps read, Suzuki V-Strom 650 DL chain lubed.

Granddaughter has sorted all her riding gear.
Hotel booked, waterproofs packed ….

0500hrs Sunday me and Moll are off … 

Rotherham, A1, A68, Edinburgh, Perth, A9, Inverness.

Night stop, Premier Inn Inverness. Steak and chips, shower, sleep …. No doubt some Snapchat … Molly …!!

Monday….0500hrs..

Inverness, Fort Bill, Glencoe, Loch Lomond, Glasgow, Penrith, Scotch Corner, Rotherham…..

Depending on our actual route … 900 miles…ish …. 2 hourly stops, no riding tired, precious cargo on board. 
I planned to do Iron Butt, RBLR 1000 mile fund raiser, timed events … and then thought.. Why … why add to the stress in my life …. I’m riding for fun …. 
👍

• Like 3

Suffolk coast today, Southwold and Dunwich, great warm weather, had to deal with many road closures, so magical mystery tour through one lane roads, even went over cattle grid and stubborn horses in the road, had to skirt carefully round, found so many places with no road signs, only the rusty frame, due to lovely weather was fun going through twisty lanes, but glad to get to the coast, so fresh and calming, and great crumble and custard, got home to puddles everywhere, aah didn't miss a day of rain, but may need to invest in a sat nav if I'm going to venture further a field!! 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

Maps read, Suzuki V-Strom 650 DL chain lubed.

Granddaughter has sorted all her riding gear.
Hotel booked, waterproofs packed ….

0500hrs Sunday me and Moll are off … 

Rotherham, A1, A68, Edinburgh, Perth, A9, Inverness.

Night stop, Premier Inn Inverness. Steak and chips, shower, sleep …. No doubt some Snapchat … Molly …!!

Monday….0500hrs..

Inverness, Fort Bill, Glencoe, Loch Lomond, Glasgow, Penrith, Scotch Corner, Rotherham…..

Depending on our actual route … 900 miles…ish …. 2 hourly stops, no riding tired, precious cargo on board. 
I planned to do Iron Butt, RBLR 1000 mile fund raiser, timed events … and then thought.. Why … why add to the stress in my life …. I’m riding for fun …. 
👍

Sounds great

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

Oops …. Slept in …. We’re off …….

NEVER BELIEVE ANYTHING BBC WEATHER TELLS YOU !!!

Currently sat in Inverness prem inn with the granddaughter  … soaked  … well drying out ..core stayed dry but relentless rain from Jedburgh to Inverness was   “ sub optimal “ .. 

GD currently drying her jeans with the hair dryer ..

However ….

IMG_2611.thumb.jpeg.4d4627ae9e17c0593bd0be2d9d0580d8.jpeg

IMG_2586.thumb.jpeg.9fa9e4da379d2f9b785378dcf433f366.jpeg

IMG_2607.thumb.jpeg.574f7d7e41ae60333244e2e40239c5ed.jpeg

YES ! She’s taking pictures, videos and face timing while we’re riding .!!!!

Edited by Trooper74
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

This morning .. 0700hrs … black black skys .. but we set off south ..still wet in some places from yesterday …..Our clothes .. still damp despite being huddled up to the radiator all night …

Met 2 Brothers from the RBLR at Perth services .. they removed their gloves an shook Molly’s hand, which impressed her… she’s not sure how adults work yet …😀

Inverness, Perth, Edinburgh, Abington, Penrith,  Scotch Corner, Doncaster, home … 420 miles today ….A fun 2 days with my GD … 

823  Miles for the 2 days …. And it was fun ….

IMG_0063.jpeg

Edited by Trooper74
  • Like 9

Trundling along the M57 this morning I passed a motorbike cop, who was riding without any gloves on. 

Bit odd, I'd have thought gloves were pretty essential.  Plus it was quite chilly. I had my mid-season gloves on and my fingertips were just feeling on the verge of being cold. 

I've never ridden without gloves. Even a low speed spill can cause huge damage to your hands. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Can't imagine anyone to be so deranged as to ride without gloves. If you have an off you are almost certainly going to be putting your hands out with catastrophic results. (YouTube has some hideous examples). I'm surprised a cop would though - surely it would be a disciplinary thing for them?

• Like 3

Met up with CB999 and had a good run out to collect 3 tags. Bacon & sausage sandwiches were consumed along with coffee. A later stop provided cake and coffee. 🥓☕🍰

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Sneaky donning of my mesh jacket today to mark the summer solstice.  

I marked the day by turning my heated grips off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3