What music have you been listening to recently?

Guest Legatron

22 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

Medicine head not one I'd heard of and localish to me too. CUD, I had a friend from scunny who loved them. 

Lucky to live in a smallish town with I few well known groups, pwei, wondersfuff, neds atomic dustbin and diamond head. Brien Tatler from diamond head along with Robert Plant can regularly be seen drinking and shopping in the town. Roberts son Logan was at my school a few years younger than me, does well with his brewery in London beavertown. 

Stourbridge at a guess.  Well not a guess, I have tickets for the wonderstuff in June. Seen neds loads back in the day and of course PWEI. 

This was also one of my favourite gigs of all time.

Miles Hunt did a load of free stuff during the lockdowns. Just him, a guitar and going back over a quite extensive back catalogue. 

10 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

Mission drive was my favorite, where ru seeing them in June? 

02 academy leeds.

They are doing a full UK tour.  Saw them 3 year back at the same venue with the neds as support.

First time I saw them would have been 89 I think? I know I was quite young.

Your mate who was into CUD.  Is he still going to see them?  They have a quite cultish following, especially in the North.  The same faces can be seen at the gigs from the last 30 years.  The picture i put up last night, my mate was just about to show Carl (lead singer) his CUD  tattoo.....

We had a good chat to his daughters. They find it really strange that a band with very very limited mainstream appeal and 1 significant hit record can on occasions attract such fanatical following.

The leeds hometown gigs are always chaotic.  Most of the crowd 50 ish and still jumping around like teenagers....

Fred a cabinet maker I'm sure he will be he's a friend of an old work colleague who I've not seen since covid etc. Leeds always seems to have some great gigs a bit like Wolvo. Good to see people getting the chance of a bit of normality. Let me know if ur ever this neck of the woods river rooms and the town hall in Stourbridge get the odd decent act. 

9 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

Fred a cabinet maker I'm sure he will be he's a friend of an old work colleague who I've not seen since covid etc. Leeds always seems to have some great gigs a bit like Wolvo. Good to see people getting the chance of a bit of normality. Let me know if ur ever this neck of the woods river rooms and the town hall in Stourbridge get the odd decent act. 

We used to go down a fair bit on the early 90s for obvious reasons....lol

I'm fortunate that I never really stopped going to gigs.  Didn't go to many when the kids were young but never stopped.  

Nowadays I'm back at it.....lol

I'm also fortunate that my kids are musical.  Lewis comes to some gigs with me.  Infact to be honest I wouldn't have bothered with "Stiff little fingers " Saturday if he wasn't going.

Grace doesn't go as often.  But, her claim to fame will always be that her first ever proper gig was "the stone roses".

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Back to Ulls finest.

1 best song writer of his generation 

1 superstar DJ

1 happy bloke who lives on a canal boat

1 lad who had a little anger management issues.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

Like that.

Saw the specials in the summer.

The sight of 60 year old ska boys jumping around like gibbons will haunt me forever...lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

been listening to this classic. Farm labourer Harry cox recounting a tale of the rising sun in lowestoft. Thought to be the origin of the song house of the rising sun. Rather bawdy old tale

Edited by goat

• 1 month later...

Time to resurrect this thread :-D

I've been listening to this youtube page for last few days. Its street musicians from all around the world playing the same song. They then mix them together to create the video. Some cracking covers.

One of my favourite songs done justice..... ( & yes I know Ringo isn't exactly a street singer  and Robbie wrote the song but you get the jist:lol:

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 31/08/2022 at 20:50, Tiggie said:

Time to resurrect this thread :-D

I've been listening to this youtube page for last few days. Its street musicians from all around the world playing the same song. They then mix them together to create the video. Some cracking covers.

One of my favourite songs done justice..... ( & yes I know Ringo isn't exactly a street singer  and Robbie wrote the song but you get the jist:lol:

Nice one.

I’ve been following Playing for Change on Youtube for a while. I don’t think I’ve heard anything I don’t like, and much I think is amazing. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Thought I'd revive this thread as I've just discovered this beauty

unnamed.jpg

Most of it is covers of classic blues songs like " no particular place to go " and " Johnny B goode "