What music have you been listening to recently?

Guest Legatron

On 10/01/2024 at 02:46, Gerontious said:

At the moment I’m just listening to music on my phone. It’s the end of an era. My Amplifier has died a horrible death. Hard to believe I bought it in 1985!! It was a Mission Cyrus One and though other components have come and gone that little amp just chugged along - 39 years!! Now I just have a very lonely looking pair of Linns.

its been a long time since I dipped my toe in the murky ocean of HiFi. I have a feeling life is going to be a bit expensive for a while.

does anyone else listen to music on separates?

My son has my old Technics kit - separates - that I bought second hand in 1996 and is his preferred kit.

• Like 2

Oh how I longed for a technics system when I was a teenager!!  I had a Pioneer stereo which I inherited from my brother. Was a serious upgrade on the Aiwa boombox I had before at least :lol:

9485026680.jpg

• Haha 1

Long story short.

2011 Bought this amazing sound system.

Nothing fancy, but with all the bits I like plus proper old fashion speakers (can't be bothered to take a pic of them).

2 years ago the screen stopped working. Called Pure to be told that model was discontinued and they would offer me 20% discount if I would by a more up to date model.

Problem is, Pure only makes shaite models with plastic speakers instead of proper ones.

Managed to get a screen from china, 30 min work opening the system and replace the screen. working as new.

Magnificent sound btw.

IMG20240111163846.thumb.jpg.30fdc0525e0e21a24ecd52bcf67fb8e8.jpg

• Like 1

Not bad for an imaginary guitar solo. but ultimately, who gives a f**K anyway?

one of many favourites from this man. sadly missed. even 30 years later.

In the drawing room I listen to music on a combination of old Rogers speakers married into a set of Jamo speakers with subwoofer all driven by a Sony A/V amp. Adequate but not really Hi Fi. 

But in the kitchen where I actually do most of my listening I have a new ( remarkably cheap ) valve amp driving a pair of home made DML flat panel speakers. Sound source is a basic Tablet to connect to Spotify and play music from the series Yellowstone. The DML speakers replaced a pair of very expensive Hi Fi ceiling speakers. Honestly, there's no comparison, the DML's are fantastic !

On the moto, I listen to a very old somewhat modified iPad through a pair of bluetooth headphone speakers which supposedly have a degree of noise cancellation, cant say I've noticed.  Anyway sound level is usually such as to give me almost subliminal music. Suits me fine !

01.12  Hi-Fi in Rue de la Fosse aux Loups  (6).JPG

01.12  Hi-Fi in Rue de la Fosse aux Loups  (3).JPG

01.12  Hi-Fi in Rue de la Fosse aux Loups  (2).JPG

01.12  Hi-Fi in Rue de la Fosse aux Loups  (7).JPG

01.12  Hi-Fi in Rue de la Fosse aux Loups  (1).JPG

01.12  Hi-Fi in Rue de la Fosse aux Loups  (5).JPG

12 hours ago, curlylegend said:

In the drawing room I listen to music on a combination of old Rogers speakers married into a set of Jamo speakers with subwoofer all driven by a Sony A/V amp. Adequate but not really Hi Fi. 

But in the kitchen where I actually do most of my listening I have a new ( remarkably cheap ) valve amp driving a pair of home made DML flat panel speakers. Sound source is a basic Tablet to connect to Spotify and play music from the series Yellowstone. The DML speakers replaced a pair of very expensive Hi Fi ceiling speakers. Honestly, there's no comparison, the DML's are fantastic !

On the moto, I listen to a very old somewhat modified iPad through a pair of bluetooth headphone speakers which supposedly have a degree of noise cancellation, cant say I've noticed.  Anyway sound level is usually such as to give me almost subliminal music. Suits me fine !

01.12  Hi-Fi in Rue de la Fosse aux Loups  (6).JPG

01.12  Hi-Fi in Rue de la Fosse aux Loups  (3).JPG

01.12  Hi-Fi in Rue de la Fosse aux Loups  (2).JPG

01.12  Hi-Fi in Rue de la Fosse aux Loups  (7).JPG

01.12  Hi-Fi in Rue de la Fosse aux Loups  (1).JPG

01.12  Hi-Fi in Rue de la Fosse aux Loups  (5).JPG

I can honestly say I haven't a clue what you are talking about.  I'm obviously not an audiophile! 😬

Edited by S-Westerly

5 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

I can honestly say I haven't a clue what you are talking about.  I'm obviously not an audiophile! 😬

Me also but I can`t help being fascinated by those ceiling speakers !

Cheers

Ian 

• Like 1