What music have you been listening to recently?

Guest Legatron

On 11/02/2021 at 20:34, Steve_M said:

In 1970, my parents moved to the village of Aldridge in the West Midlands. I was working in Walsall and had started making friends with a few lads. They suggested I turn up to the community centre on the weekend. I hadn’t had much of a social life outside scouts and judo, so this was a whole new experience, and not a bit unnerving. I can’t remember what I was expecting but it turned out that it was quite a venue for local acts. What an eye opener for a shy, nervous kid.

One band that appeared was Slade. One question that gets asked is which band would you like to see (again?) at their peak. Slade, for me, are among the best I’ve seen. 

This came up on my iPod ...

Cum on Feel the Noize

BOOTS !!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

This is a tricky question. I have my iPod on shuffle so I’m not listening to one particular genre. A typical series of tracks can include Reef, ELP, Genesis, Feeder, Michael Jackson, Stranglers, Elvis Presley, Brook Benton, Will Young, Beatles, Who, ABBA, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Martha Reeves, Il Divo, Emmy Lou Harris.... etc. 

Edited by Steve_M
  • Like 1

The older I get , the less sophisticated my musical tastes have become . I'll listen to anything that hits the spot . It's all about the performance for me and with today's technology you can find just about anything you want . https://youtu.be/Zrg_qegcGHQ

14 minutes ago, fastbob said:

And can anybody tell me where the name comes from without googling ? 

Was it something to do with the Goon show?

2 minutes ago, Mickly said:

Was it something to do with the Goon show?

Yes it was . It's the title of a show . The Ned of the title was the famous Neddy Seagoon played by Harry Secombe . 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, fastbob said:

Yes it was . It's the title of a show . The Ned of the title was the famous Neddy Seagoon played by Harry Secombe . 

Loved the Goon show, reminds me of ‘helping’ my late Dad in his garage as a kid with it playing & hearing him laugh out loud at some of their antics.

A bit later in life I read some scripts - brilliant 

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, fastbob said:

My current Harley riding music . I don't use ear buds , I just hear it in my head and sing along . https://youtu.be/iOUetwr3h04

Not music but I saw this while checking out your link.  Agro Adults Only - YouTube

Made me chuckle and probably ideal for @Six30 or @Tiggie  lol.

I am off to see if there are more of them.

Cheers

Ian

Edited by Ian Frog
Added link !
  • Haha 2