What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Yes you are right !

My GS750 (78)  and GT250 (77 I think ) both had them and I have always been a fan.

Both my Busas have aftermarket indicators fitted and the Harley which is basically stoneage has one as standard.

Cheers

Ian

Rode it!! was sat looking thinking its nice and sunny and I am bored so thought sod it I am off! 

Didn't have a great start! 

Got all geared up grabbed the bike key out the cupboard opened the garage unchained the bike pressed the ignition button (keyless ride) the light flashes on the dash to say its looking for the key and nothing! try again and again and again and again still nothing! 

Pulls the key out my pocket to move it closer which is at that point I realised I had the wifes spare car key 🤦‍♂️ 

Swapped the key all good

Locked the house and garage up bike all running earplugs in helmet on get on bike wheres my gloves? 

In the house upstairs in the cupboard where I keep all my gear 🤦‍♂️

Finally got out and had a decent ride on mostly dry roads, got up to seaways the heavens opened it soon passed and dried up with the help of the wind! 

Had to wash the bike when I get home!

20220222_155646.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

Rode it!! was sat looking thinking its nice and sunny and I am bored so thought sod it I am off! 

Got all geared up grabbed the bike key out the cupboard opened the garage unchained the bike pressed the ignition button (keyless ride) the light flashes on the dash to say its looking for the key and nothing! try again and again and again and again still nothing! 

Pulls the key out my pocket to move it closer which is at that point I realised I had the wifes spare car key 🤦‍♂️ 

Swapped the key all good

Locked the house and garage up bike all running earplugs in helmet on get on bike wheres my gloves? 

Finally got out and had a decent ride on mostly dry roads, got up to seaways the heavens opened it soon passed and dried up with the help of the wind! 

20220222_155646.jpg

I thought they were joking about the giant badge .😲

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Stu said:

Swapped the key all good

20220222_155646.jpg

Like you Stu took the bike out. First time in a month due to health issues just felt so unwell with heart problems. However sun shining and I just needed to get out as I've felt a bit useless and down  etc. Nice ride following the Severn for a section of the ride, it's burst its banks close to Bridgenorth. Roads v quiet and everyone driving sensibly. Feel a lot better now! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

Like you Stu took the bike out. First time in a month due to health issues just felt so unwell with heart problems. However sun shining and I just needed to get out as I've felt a bit useless and down  etc. Nice ride following the Severn for a section of the ride, it's burst its banks close to Bridgenorth. Roads v quiet and everyone driving sensibly. Feel a lot better now! 

Hope you feel better soon 

I have just been looking at some pics of Shrewsbury on facebook and it looks really bad! 

Yes hopefully a few dry days will do everyone a favour, storms floods I think some towns need a break! 

Cheers stu, fingers crossed on the health front a heart valve issue has now been added to with a bit. of Coronary heart disease, work stressful so I've took a few weeks time out to try and reduce my blood pressure etc 🤞

• Like 1

Crashed it. My first one! Brand new tyres fitted 30 seconds earlier - the guy said 'be careful, they're slippery - a chap binned his the other day on that corner'. Then I binned it, on that corner, going super slow. I'm fine, just ego bruised. #atgatt

20220223_143259.thumb.jpg.bdf2a95bc174be9949cd662f79648c59.jpg

20220223_143237.thumb.jpg.b3f7ac567cebbaee91d8cef776fde850.jpg

• Sad 9

45 minutes ago, geofferz said:

Crashed it. My first one! Brand new tyres fitted 30 seconds earlier - the guy said 'be careful, they're slippery - a chap binned his the other day on that corner'. Then I binned it, on that corner, going super slow. I'm fine, just ego bruised. #atgatt20220223_143259.thumb.jpg.bdf2a95bc174be9949cd662f79648c59.jpg20220223_143237.thumb.jpg.b3f7ac567cebbaee91d8cef776fde850.jpg

So sorry I hope the damage isn't too bad and easily sorted🤞

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I discovered I can fit three bikes into my garage. I have shared this good news with my dear lady wife.

IMG_20220223_131346451.jpg

Well done that man !

With a bit of juggling and if she doesn`t mind shifting some of her stuff I think you might just squeeze a fourth in there.

Should be a fun conversation for you.

Cheers

Ian

52 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

Well done that man !

With a bit of juggling and if she doesn`t mind shifting some of her stuff I think you might just squeeze a fourth in there.

Should be a fun conversation for you.

Cheers

Ian

I reckon 6, if you hang a few bits from tge ceiling, a few more high shelves and ditch some stuff.

5 minutes ago, goat said:

I reckon 6, if you hang a few bits from tge ceiling, a few more high shelves and ditch some stuff.

I see where you are coming from but with more bikes comes the need for a raising bench and an upgrade to the compressor as that looks like the door to the kitchen in the background and he will need provisions prepared and bringing to him during maintenance and mead sampling evenings and the lady in question would probably appreciate a quieter compressor while she preps I would have thought.

Cheers

Ian

3 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

1845711044_Garage!.thumb.jpg.4fe05541c87ee1953a2d71d7b7d3d354.jpg

@Mississippi Bullfrog Just for inspiration lol.

Bench is empty at the moment could you bring some mead ?

Cheers

Ian

I have a gallon maturing at the moment, but not enough bottles to put it in. If you're brave enough you can siphon it straight from the demijohn. But be warned, it does funny things to your legs, I fall over a lot after drinking it.

Just now, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I have a gallon maturing at the moment, but not enough bottles to put it in. If you're brave enough you can siphon it straight from the demijohn. But be warned, it does funny things to your legs, I fall over a lot after drinking it.

I like a challenge and the workshop is heated if I need to stay the night to avoid attack !

Cheers

Ian

A brief zip out in the sunshine this morning  ice and dry just not feeling great even so great to get out. Just feel a bit gutted I have a great bike and feel too tired to even  get the Africa twin out of the garage. I may have to reassess things post op when ever that is hopefully soon. 

• Sad 1

I went out for another fairly local ride today. I stopped off to look at something I visited many years ago but if I didn’t know it was there I’d never have found it, I’m sure it was better signposted before. It’s a WW2 German hilltop position, simple earthworks like the WW1 trenches just there in the woods. It’s actually very close to where Blondie Hasler and Sgt Sparks(?) hid in a village for over 40 days between The Cockelshell Heroes’ Operation Frankton where they attacked German battleships in Bordeaux after kayaking up the Gironde and escaping with the help of the Resistance via Lyon to Spain. It’s also quite close to where the demarcation line between Free France and Occupied France lay.

Having read the ‘humour’ in the War in Europe thread I think some people need to get a bit of education and to find out more about life in an occupied country before making cheap jokes. 

1688F0CF-36A6-4A91-8209-38277D2DA6D2.jpeg

3EB651E1-E4AF-44E6-B0DF-ED10714F5114.jpeg

8E3BA8E7-FBD9-40AF-ABFD-86FB5DD80392.jpegO

Edited by DR1

9 minutes ago, DR1 said:

I went out for another fairly local ride today. I stopped off to look at something I visited many years ago but if I didn’t know it was there I’d never have found it, I’m sure it was better signposted before. It’s a WW2 German hilltop position, simple earthworks like the WW1 trenches just there in the woods. It’s actually very close to where Blondie Hasler and Sgt Sparks(?) hid in a village for over 40 days between The Cockelshell Heroes’ Operation Frankton where they attacked German battleships in Bordeaux after kayaking up the Gironde and escaping with the help of the Resistance via Lyon to Spain. It’s also quite close to where the demarcation line between Free France and Occupied France lay.

Having read the ‘humour’ in the War in Europe thread I think some people need to get a bit of education and to find out more about life in an occupied country before making cheap jokes. 

1688F0CF-36A6-4A91-8209-38277D2DA6D2.jpeg

3EB651E1-E4AF-44E6-B0DF-ED10714F5114.jpeg

8E3BA8E7-FBD9-40AF-ABFD-86FB5DD80392.jpegO

Take it from a public services front line worker you see horrific things humour gets you through its called dark humour. My grandfather was wounded in the somme one of the gallant 80 of the Worcester who returned. He always said if you lose your humour what have you left. Work with some thoroughly great ex servicemen from recent campaigns they are the same. 

My wife's friend is curre toy working as a paramedic in Donetsk for a charity he's trapped but again has his same warped humour. 

Nobody owns the way they talk and act about pretty horrific incidents. I responded to the paddington train crash, 2 provisional IRA bombings.

I guess you have a better insight than me, however if you are interested I can 'Educate' you on a couple of good researched theories that explain how I  particular certain people deal with what they see and hear of which is stressful. 

I was told nobody is perfect, I was told the last perfect person was nailed to a cross. Sorry if you are offended, I have the highest respect for the Ukrainian people who stand and fight alone with no support. 

Feel free to message me or tell me of your experiences. As I say nobody is perfect but I think most people if not all on here are rooting for Democracy our freedoms and freespeech! 

• Like 3