What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

21 minutes ago, Breezin said:

Was thinking of doing that myself... I saw one on a bike the other day, and it was the most noticeable object in the street.

Sadly with all these running lights and extra lights on cars, motorbike can get lost among them.  Riding in pairs a single headlight can be hard to see in your mirror when your looking for it!

• Like 1

With one bike in storage until the sun comes out, i got the itch to buy another to store alongside it. Was looking at everything from GS's to Hypermotards. Having finally come to my senses that i could actually just store thousands of pounds next the bike instead, i'm now planning a bit of a SW camping/tour for a few days... which will also likely never happen. 

Bored. 

Edited by Joe85
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, onesea said:

Sadly with all these running lights and extra lights on cars, motorbike can get lost among them.  Riding in pairs a single headlight can be hard to see in your mirror when your looking for it!

A car behind me today had a flashing/strobe type light in its passenger side headlight. I saw it in my mirrors and thought the driver was flashing its lights at me

18 minutes ago, billy sugger said:

A car behind me today had a flashing/strobe type light in its passenger side headlight. I saw it in my mirrors and thought the driver was flashing its lights at me

Lots of this appearing we have one here with a really bright large oval light in the middle of his front grill.

He drives round with that and no headlights.  You meet him head on and cannot see at all, he comes behind you and it's the same, Totally blinded.

8 hours ago, Yorky said:

I could have sold you one of those!!

The stool, not the bike 😉

It's not a stool, it's a Keter folding work bench from Toolstation.

I can't fault it either, nice and solid, just under half a ton load capacity, and comes with 2 clamps for vertical and horizontal clamping.

https://www.toolstation.com/keter-folding-work-bench/p10910?_br_psugg_q=keter+work+bench?searchstr=keter work

55 minutes ago, dynax said:

It's not a stool, it's a Keter folding work bench from Toolstation.

I can't fault it either, nice and solid, just under half a ton load capacity, and comes with 2 clamps for vertical and horizontal clamping.

https://www.toolstation.com/keter-folding-work-bench/p10910?_br_psugg_q=keter+work+bench?searchstr=keter work

Yes I know what it is, and as said I could have sold you one .

They are good bits of kit though, mine currently has the tyre bead breaker sitting on it 👍

11 hours ago, Yorky said:

Yes I know what it is, and as said I could have sold you one .

They are good bits of kit though, mine currently has the tyre bead breaker sitting on it 👍

No worries, unfortunately you didn't know I wanted one and I didn't know you had one to sell :thumb:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, dynax said:

No worries, unfortunately you didn't know I wanted one and I didn't know you had one to sell :thumb:

Jesus Christ. I must rush and tell my wife that it's not just me who's utterly unable to read other people's f*ucking minds.

• Haha 8

Bought a quadlock phone holder and a lead for my heated gloves. I've had enough of the car - hibernation is over (after the storm, of course). 

Also committed to a 7-day tour of France/Andorra for the end of March. Lets go!

• Like 2

Cleaned and adjusted the chain this morning then as there was no wind and the yellow thing was still in the sky I decided to go looking for some cemeteries about 40 minutes away. I’d once driven through a bit of countryside where all the hamlets and even some individual houses had their own small graveyards by the roadside. I found them using satellite images then went for a look. A lovely ride and some interesting almost local history. It turns out that they are Protestant burials in what was a predominantly Catholic country. 

41A09402-FD96-4FCA-A6D5-2496FB066994.jpeg

4E191BA8-4A76-4EA1-AD3D-B96A8335C4AD.jpeg

912B08B7-AC64-4BE6-9386-30956F4029DD.jpeg

9FEE6856-2A3B-49C8-9B44-9CF6D5350929.jpeg

D166D34C-CFD8-43D2-8995-47F9D5BA8423.jpeg

• Like 3

Fitted the gear indicator on the ST1300.

Got tired of trying to get a gear up to find that I ran out of gears. 🙄

got the indicator from Aliexpress

Gear indicator

It works a treat and very easy to install and setup.

IMG_20220219_171119.thumb.jpg.d6e4e4ca4a782792f6ae6c25e9d4b380.jpg

How to fit it:

Remove seats and fairing on battery side (optional)

Elevate the fuel tank and remove tank's rear bolt to allow passing cable

Fix the indicator where it suits you and pass the cable all the way to the rear.

Find the diagnostic connector (usually covered with a red plastic cover under the pillion seat.

Fit the connector wires to the connector and plug it.

Setup:

Start the bike on centre stand (or lift rear wheel from ground).

The indicator will run from L then 1 to 6

When 1 is flashing put bike on 1st gear. Wait until it changes to 2 and select 2nd gear.

do this until you run out of gears.

ST1300 is a 5 gear so when  shows you just ignore it and wait until the display goes to 5 again.

run the gears up and down a few times to ensure it is setup properly

neutral (as in photo) will show 0.

Stop the bike and you're done

Fix the cable with cable ties I've used my own as supplied are small and only 3.

Then assemble everything back and don't forget to drop half the bolts and nuts somewhere inside the frame so you will have to remove the tank completely and chase the rear mount nut 6 times until you drop it inside the frame over the engine...

Time spent:

Disassemble parts: 10min

Installation: 5min

Setup: 3min

Assembly removed parts: 5hrs...

Gears functioning here ST1300 gear indicator

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, husoi said:

Fitted the gear indicator on the ST1300.

Got tired of trying to get a gear up to find that I ran out of gears. 🙄

got the indicator from Aliexpress

Gear indicator

It works a treat and very easy to install and setup.

IMG_20220219_171119.thumb.jpg.d6e4e4ca4a782792f6ae6c25e9d4b380.jpg

How to fit it:

Remove seats and fairing on battery side (optional)

Elevate the fuel tank and remove tank's rear bolt to allow passing cable

Fix the indicator where it suits you and pass the cable all the way to the rear.

Find the diagnostic connector (usually covered with a red plastic cover under the pillion seat.

Fit the connector wires to the connector and plug it.

Setup:

Start the bike on centre stand (or lift rear wheel from ground).

The indicator will run from L then 1 to 6

When 1 is flashing put bike on 1st gear. Wait until it changes to 2 and select 2nd gear.

do this until you run out of gears.

ST1300 is a 5 gear so when  shows you just ignore it and wait until the display goes to 5 again.

run the gears up and down a few times to ensure it is setup properly

neutral (as in photo) will show 0.

Stop the bike and you're done

Fix the cable with cable ties I've used my own as supplied are small and only 3.

Then assemble everything back and don't forget to drop half the bolts and nuts somewhere inside the frame so you will have to remove the tank completely and chase the rear mount nut 6 times until you drop it inside the frame over the engine...

Time spent:

Disassemble parts: 10min

Installation: 5min

Setup: 3min

Assembly removed parts: 5hrs...

Gears functioning here ST1300 gear indicator

I always found it easy to know when my Pan was in top gear because the speed and the revs went together. 2,500 was 50mph, 3,000 was 60 and so on. 

52 minutes ago, DR1 said:

I always found it easy to know when my Pan was in top gear because the speed and the revs went together. 2,500 was 50mph, 3,000 was 60 and so on. 

Where's the fun in that? 😄

I have always wanted a gear indicator for the ZRX but never found one, with it being such a lovely torquey motor with only 5 gears you are forever hunting for a sixth gear (especially if you are ignoring the speedo and concentrating on having fun).

Cheers

Ian