What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

33 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Dunno. Never had my rear seat tapped. At least not that I've noticed. Why? Have you been a naughty boy?

That's what I've to the bike today. a wee tap on the rear when I took the pics for the mirror 😋😀

1 hour ago, husoi said:

does a wee tap on the rear seat counts as harassment? 🤔

A wee on the rear seat is certainly harassment.

A tap on the rear seat is just being posh and showing off that you en suite facilities.

Why anyone would install a wee tap is a mystery I'm happy not to be resolved.

Just now, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

A wee on the rear seat is certainly harassment.

A tap on the rear seat is just being posh and showing off that you en suite facilities.

Why anyone would install a wee tap is a mystery I'm happy not to be resolved.

A wee tap on the rear seat could be connected to a 20yr malt and that would be great 😋

In my sentence, tap = gentle smack... 😎

Bought some gear oil for the final drive 

I also bought some squeeze bottles which are ideal for holding fluids like gear oil and brake fluid and can also be used to suck up fluid which is good for emptying brake reservoirs for fluid changes 

20220125_145144.jpg

These are 180ml bottles and I bought these ones specifically for the final drive oil 

At each change it requires 180ml so I now have a handy stash of gear oil ready for changes with the correct amount. 

20220125_145223.jpg

The cost of all this? Less than what bmw would charge just for one oil change 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Stu said:

Bought some gear oil for the final drive 

I also bought some squeeze bottles which are ideal for holding fluids like gear oil and brake fluid and can also be used to suck up fluid which is good for emptying brake reservoirs for fluid changes 

20220125_145144.jpg

These are 180ml bottles and I bought these ones specifically for the final drive oil 

At each change it requires 180ml so I now have a handy stash of gear oil ready for changes with the correct amount. 

20220125_145223.jpg

The cost of all this? Less than what bmw would charge just for one oil change 🤣

Please tell me this has nothing to do with @husoi post above....

• Haha 4

used to cost me £10 to change the final drive oil. £10 and 10 minutes. Undo the fill bolt. undo the drain bolt. allow to drain. replace drain bolt and new crush washer. fill using gear oil until the oil just touches the lowest thread in the fill hole. replace fill bolt. Done.

45 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

used to cost me £10 to change the final drive oil. £10 and 10 minutes. Undo the fill bolt. undo the drain bolt. allow to drain. replace drain bolt and new crush washer. fill using gear oil until the oil just touches the lowest thread in the fill hole. replace fill bolt. Done.

Including the cost of those bottles which are purely to make life easy it will cost me £6 per change and the same as you probably 10 mins to change it 

• Like 1

Not bike related but engineering and i am proud of myself.

Changed exhaust manifold on boat…

Last boat I did it on (same engine), took 3 days 12mm socket, rounded nut, blow lamp, imperial socket (and hammer), sheered nut, drill, tap, punch and lump hammer..

Today I used a 12mm socket it took 30 minutes 😀

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Fish said:

Headlight bulb blew on the way into work this morning, so a quick stop at EuroCarParts and a set of Osram Night Breakers purchased. Cant tell the difference really.

OE Bulb.jpg

Osram Laser.jpg

Osrams.jpg

Must try replacing my lamps with similar as my oem stuff is even worse than your dim lamps.

Found the grip limit on a roundabout this morning. slight off camber, 2°, moist and cold tyres. Just a twich but its a reminder to use correct body positioning!

Edited by Pbassred
italics - off!

7 minutes ago, DR1 said:

A bit late, it was yesterday…

I got it a little bit muddy. Another sunny day which started cold 🥶 but warmed up nicely so I went for a ride on empty roads. 

C7308013-0C99-4721-A9C1-8DE22F7801E0.png

3B16EAA3-1F67-4D40-A2F7-4B6D8DFD7D67.png

2D72BF65-E73A-48C6-9286-D6EB87700935.png

ACA37012-F08E-4D5A-94AB-5EC1ADE8A94B.png

Are we jealous? No not really😡

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Today the sun is at least shining and I thought I'd go home on fun roads. After 2 brown trousers moments in less than 5 miles I am now on motorway. Roadscould best be described as slithery. No ice just loads of salty grime which makes the bike twitchy. So as I've got 250 miles to cover I'm just doing it as fast as I can. Also defrosting at motorway services. The thrill of it all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just got message from missus that the clutch kit is at home and engine oil + brake fluid is on its way.

Can't wait to go home and finish the repairs and service the shadow for the weekend.

Next weekend will be the turn of the Pan to be serviced.

This year I won't be changing the oil filter (less than 10k miles)

Other than changing the oil I'll be checking the spark plugs and replace the 2yrs brake/clutch fluid.

On 24/01/2022 at 04:47, TimR said:

Forgot 1 step .... you will receive 1 or 2 other emails before the discount code asking if your still deciding ( generally within 12 -24hrs of  initially starting the process ) just ignore and await the goodie . 

Thanking you just ordered with 10% off….image.png.22ec7e87dfd5046fc754fc89fba1c39d.png

1 hour ago, onesea said:

Apparently 115 miles, was riding with a friend.
She like to stop to take photos, so for once I have something to post…

IMG_20220126_184604_762.thumb.jpg.38f210e702f7004d7a38edcf72ad9183.jpg

IMG_20220126_184600_116.thumb.jpg.b59eca495cab7443faab5be90d019d82.jpg

IMG_20220126_184610_513.thumb.jpg.37069e96c41061f38a225bb41fb804ac.jpg

IMG_20220126_182846_025.thumb.jpg.1d09111eeae3a8b6ddd573593d39acd9.jpg

4D6FC982-5F91-476F-BA61-C006874A267F.thumb.jpeg.89dd0cf71bf14f57208aaf283f6451fc.jpeg

Is this the "friend" who sends you photo's of cleaning wheels :lol: 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Stu said:

Is this the "friend" who sends you photo's of cleaning wheels :lol: 

You can recognise the rim, she is just that a friend…. Who rides all year and has gained a good knowledge in servicing and maintaining her bike.

To the point of arguing about correct tyre pressures and being unable to upgrade both her headlights because then it blows the fuse (she runs one high power bulb one low)… That was just today.

Having a female riding buddy is a bit like, 2 men walking one dog…

People just make assumptions…

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, onesea said:

Thats the trouble in life these days isn't it 

I just thought I would say it before others did :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, onesea said:

You can recognise the rim, she is just that a friend…. Who rides all year and has gained a good knowledge in servicing and maintaining her bike.

To the point of arguing about correct tyre pressures and being unable to upgrade both her headlights because then it blows the fuse (she runs one high power bulb one low)… That was just today.

Having a female riding buddy is a bit like, 2 men walking one dog…

Hi @onesea, Has said friend changed her NC30, or has she sprayed/brought new panel kit, I always like the Rothmans colours👍.

I do post occaisionaly, but do lurk a lot. It was only the other day that I realised I hadnt seen any recent posts from the poster in the Canaries who did regular ride reports and then pics of cleaning his bike. Is is still aRound/ OK? (I dont mean to ruffle any feathers if anything bad had happened)