What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

14 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

I had mine applied I didn't think I'd be up to the task that did a good job cost £200 though

Kind of wish i paid someone now.

Having a bit of mare with this bike. 🤣

• Sad 1

Spent the day helping/ supervising my nephew changing his chain and sprocket and servicing his bike.  A year makes a difference historically it’s been showing/ rebuilding it after he’s bent it.

Edited by onesea
  • Like 4

Got a new Mosfet regulator for the shadow to replace the sh@it cheap one 🤬

This lasted 50 miles

image.thumb.jpeg.96bdcd788b3ca3fda96049e62bce5dc8.jpeg

New one.

image.thumb.jpeg.973e001bca8d2e4879804c4e6ff2667f.jpeg

Just need to find a location to fit this monster 🤔

• Like 2

Swingarm off and mostly clean, front sprocket removed, new one test fitted, old chain off (managed to chew the spring in the chain breaker).

Next step - grease the swingarm bearings and rear axle.

I really hope I can remember how it all goes back together 😂

IMG_20230118_190443.thumb.jpg.722f7415fc1162611ce6591a8c9331ce.jpgIMG_20230118_204234.thumb.jpg.9c091fdb4e115a0bda7683c614fa0007.jpgIMG_20230118_200528.thumb.jpg.2577b51808c5e494c1f6a1865b9b8248.jpg

Edited by Fiddlesticks
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Joe85 said:

Put an Akra on it.

2567301C-C5D9-4D05-A29A-8A4D637CF63C.jpeg

That looks nice and suits the bike, I bet it sounds great. Dod you need to flash the ecu or anything or was it a straight swap? I'm sure it's a lot lighter than the standard can too!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

That looks nice and suits the bike, I bet it sounds great. Dod you need to flash the ecu or anything or was it a straight swap? I'm sure it's a lot lighter than the standard can too!

These don't need a re flash to make them run right as the ecu will take care of it after a couple of tank fulls and sort the air to fuel ratio out as to what it's set at the factory. 

But having said that they can bbe remapped via the ecu and the ignition tweaked to make them run a whole lot better and again changing exhausts won't matter as the ecu will adjust to it 

Fitted heated grips and a rear hugger to the 250R. Took it for the obligatory test ride to check the work, grips were starting to come through toasty after a couple of miles. When the weather improves will take the rear shock and linkage apart for a clean up.

Now ready for its debut run to Banbury.

20230120_141429-1.JPEG

20230120_141439.JPEG

• Like 2

Cleaned up the alternator where someone had tried to paint it.

Polish_20230121_174021398.thumb.jpg.89cdac03ec678b111ad8bdde5b42fc36.jpg

Also greased the swingarm and cleaned the crud off the bike prior to refitting, and putting on the new chain.

Polish_20230121_174454894.thumb.jpg.00fd840b2b6344b9e1b0ca44222ba4a8.jpg

• Like 1

I fitted a Hitchcocks talker screen to my Himalayan today.   Pleased with the results as I was getting buffeting around eye level with the standard screen but the higher Hitchcock screen has cured that.  
I was lucky enough to get the screen second hand from a Facebook group for less than half price from a talker chap than me who the screen didn’t work for.  

81B74F41-0EC7-4F97-AE29-CC5317EA9908.jpeg

386A2EEF-BE6C-40EA-B6F2-72472EC6450E.jpeg

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Saul said:

I fitted a Hitchcocks talker screen to my Himalayan today.   Pleased with the results as I was getting buffeting around eye level with the standard screen but the higher Hitchcock screen has cured that.  
I was lucky enough to get the screen second hand from a Facebook group for less than half price from a talker chap than me who the screen didn’t work for.  

81B74F41-0EC7-4F97-AE29-CC5317EA9908.jpeg

386A2EEF-BE6C-40EA-B6F2-72472EC6450E.jpeg

I've got the HITCHCOCKS short screen ... buffet free .. totally .. if you want it it's available for 50% of H's price including postage

On 20/01/2023 at 15:33, MikeHorton said:

Yeh just a straight swap. I'd only re-flash it with a full system. Stu is right that these modern ECU's adjust on the go, but i found (on the dyno) when i did my S1000R full system upgrade that it was running a bit too lean and rich in cetain parts of the rev range. This should be fine since almost all of the back pressure and wizardry that would effect the exhaust gases is done in the Cat or by the servo; both still in place.

Sounds nice and deep, a bit louder without beeing overly obnoxious, which was a big problem with the last bike (i had to roll down the street before starting in the morning).

Anyhow, managed to drop a bolt while removing the (ridiculously) tiny (and sold as) removable baffles that come with the bolts spot welded to the exhaust. Have one of those extendable magnet thingys to remvoe it other wise it'd have been wheelie position on the skylift 🙃

Edited by Joe85
  • Like 2

New spark plugs and air filter fitted all the fairing put back on fog lights fitted 

Fault codes read and cleared as I had the ignition on with some things not connected only to find one of the codes wouldn't clear! it was reporting it in German which I didn't realise at first and the German language made it sound really serious! It was in the body control module on the LIN line which is part of the CANBUS system :shock: 

So fairings back off again :roll: The I noticed my fog lights wasn't working! plugged the wiring in properly and the fault code cleared and the lights worked :roll: :lol: 

Runs a dream and a little smoother :D 

• Like 2

Also replaced this seal on one of the head covers 

This is a seal where the bold goes through and on the other side is plenty of oil waiting to piss out! 

I don't know how it was actually sealing to be honest

20230122_174001.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Very nearly lost it on a greasy manhole cover in the middle of Chester. Didn't spot it until I'd hit the brakes rather firmly and saw the shiny diesel covered metal disappear under the front wheel. 

Fortunately my superhuman reflexes (aka pure dumb good luck) prevented anything catastrophic occuring. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Very nearly lost it on a greasy manhole cover in the middle of Chester. Didn't spot it until I'd hit the brakes rather firmly and saw the shiny diesel covered metal disappear under the front wheel. 

Fortunately my superhuman reflexes (aka pure dumb good luck) prevented anything catastrophic occuring. 

Walking home today noticed the roads wee really damp and greasy looking. Just need this damp weather to go for a bit to dry the roads out. I was thinking of seeing how I go on the bike next week 1st time post op. As I've still not got all upper body strength back I'll leave it a little longer till I'm stronger and weather better.

Well done for keeping it upright 👍

Thanked it for having ABS brakes. Learner biker crossed through a gap in the traffic to my right and straight onto the bus lane that I was in, in front of me. Pulled up alongside him at a set of lights and made my feelings known. He was really lucky I didn’t broadside the idiot, and no one went into the back of me after my emergency stop

• Like 3