Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

2 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

I can't see why McDonalds, Kentucky et al are open either

They are open to provide food on a takeaway only basis. Food is classed as essential, I doubt a new flower pot is :lol:

1 minute ago, Tiggie said:

They are open to provide food on a takeaway only basis. Food is classed as essential, I doubt a new flower pot is :lol:

Our video rental/ local vape shop has become an off-licence to stay essential. Innovation the way forward.  No one is renting movies as they have had no new releases for months.

As for drive through food outlets employment for young, gets those that won’t exercise out of the house, its fairly low risk.

• Like 1

I didn't know you could still rent videos, I thought they'd gone the way of the dodo and everyone streamed. As to garden centres, nurserymen lost millions collectively during lockdown  1. Growing plants isn't something you can put on hold and as a keen gardener I'm quite happy to go to a garden centre for the various odds and sods I need. I could buy them at Homebase which is also open but.... 

Edited by S-Westerly

48 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

I guess the upside of them being open is that people will be spending more time at home doing things. Though it's not the best time of year for a bit of landscaping :)

The weather we’ve had / having isn’t helping. We’re waiting for the ground to dry out a bit so we can have an area levelled and drainage installed ready for us to put up a polytunnel. It’s to be at the bottom of a field which slopes down to it, and is on clay soil, so no natural drainage. It’s a little annoying as we want to start propagating plants and growing our own veg.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiggie said:

AAHH ..but ... garden centres provide the wherewithal to grow your own food ... essential here in Year Zero land....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trooper74 said:

AAHH ..but ... garden centres provide the wherewithal to grow your own food ... essential here in Year Zero land....

Have you been to a garden centre recently? The ones round here sell clothes, toys, books, cards, furniture, home decor (ie useless crap), cakes and biscuits, ice cream, bird boxes, pet supplies, and pots. Try to buy a lawn mower and you'll be met with a look of incredulity that you are daft enough to try to buy gardening equipment in a garden centre.

And water features of course. 

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Have you been to a garden centre recently? The ones round here sell clothes, toys, books, cards, furniture, home decor (ie useless crap), cakes and biscuits, ice cream, bird boxes, pet supplies, and pots. Try to buy a lawn mower and you'll be met with a look of incredulity that you are daft enough to try to buy gardening equipment in a garden centre.

And water features of course. 

A Dobbies garden centre near us now has a Sainsbury’s outlet in the store.

https://www.dobbies.com/content/extended/find-a-garden-centre/stratford-upon-avon.html

Edited by JRH

21 minutes ago, JRH said:

A Dobbies garden centre near us now has a Sainsbury’s outlet in the store.

https://www.dobbies.com/content/extended/find-a-garden-centre/stratford-upon-avon.html

Dobbies is owned by Midlothian Capital Partners and Hattington Capital.... but was previously owned by Tesco who made £100M profit on the sale ....

Edited by Trooper74

7 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

I can't see why McDonalds, Kentucky et al are open either .... but they are .... 

But hang on ... we know that lockdowns make no difference ...so why not ... 

I'd love for the local traffic division to do spot checks on all the delivery drivers/riders.... I bet 80% of them don't have the proper insurance for doing the deliveries.

Fish

6 minutes ago, Fish said:

I'd love for the local traffic division to do spot checks on all the delivery drivers/riders.... I bet 80% of them don't have the proper insurance for doing the deliveries.

Fish

A local traffic cop got a ticket of one of our local traffic wardens 

And to be a twat he decided to pull all of them one at a time while they was out and about on their scooters! 

Most didn't have the correct licence etc to be riding them :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

I can't see why McDonalds, Kentucky et al are open either .... but they are .... 

But hang on ... we know that lockdowns make no difference ...so why not ... 

had kfc for tea tonight and it was ok too 😃

Just now, skyrider said:

mine was a zinger tower with fries coleslaw and beans :thumb:

I like McD's fries and burger king burgers! 

bit of a pain though they aren't next to each other :lol: