Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

3 hours ago, Mr Fro said:

Not just me then!

Best one I had was at my gran's funeral - I was supposed to give some lifts from the crem to the wake but couldn't get the doors to unlock.

Enjoy the new car @Stu!

Thanks! 

I'm going to need it :?

• Haha 1

Very interesting.

Mind you mistakes do still happen when certifying death. Its rare someone wakes up in the hospital morgue but it happens.

Sometimes folk understandably cant stand being on a ward with a dead body behind the curtain but I was always happy to wait for a bit of rigor mortis for confirmation!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Very interesting.

Mind you mistakes do still happen when certifying death. Its rare someone wakes up in the hospital morgue but it happens.

Sometimes folk understandably cant stand being on a ward with a dead body behind the curtain but I was always happy to wait for a bit of rigor mortis for confirmation!

I have thought about trying out some post mortem portrait photography, used to be very popular in Victorian times, but some people seem to have an aversion to dead bodys, I can't see why it's not like it can hurt you or anything, well not unless it's zombiefied and tries to eat your brain :lol:

• Haha 1

My admittedly small exposure to dead bodies would make me think there's not much market for a photo of a dead person. For family you'd want to remember them at their best not a corpse. Certainly wouldn't be anything I'd want for me or mine.

22 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

My admittedly small exposure to dead bodies would make me think there's not much market for a photo of a dead person. For family you'd want to remember them at their best not a corpse. Certainly wouldn't be anything I'd want for me or mine.

No me neither but theres art in decay and the taboo surrounding the human body’s decay is an interesting area. 

16 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Not for everyone I agree, but in these times we live in now it might be the only way that some will have to remember their loved ones.

It would need to be tastefully and respectfully done, and with modern technology and image manipulation would allow more enhancements over the final image, than what was available in the victorian era.

3 hours ago, dynax said:

Not for everyone I agree, but in these times we live in now it might be the only way that some will have to remember their loved ones.

It would need to be tastefully and respectfully done, and with modern technology and image manipulation would allow more enhancements over the final image, than what was available in the victorian era.

You are an unusual person for sure, it’s certainly a USP. 

If you n Trooper get together n form the chainsaw and corpse pic company I could see a market for you there.
Forgive me if I skip the launch party 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dynax said:

could you trust yourself being alone  with a body ..... no cries for help , no witnesses ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Stu said:

I am beginning to feel like a dodgy trader here! 

Sold my project bike yesterday went and bought another car today! then sold my old car tonight! 

The new car has cost me £100 :lol: 

we will start calling you arfur daley 😁

• Haha 1

Just had a bit of excitement on way home from work. Looked in rear view and saw a police car with lights on chasing a quad bike. I sped up to a section of road that had cars parked on either side and stopped at an angle so he couldn't get past. Unfortunately he went down a side street and came out further ahead heading towards town centre with Police still chasing.

Police helicopter is buzzing overhead now. Hopefully they aren't looking for the prat in the white Aygo who messed up their pursuit :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Week three with a leaking intermittently working washing machine and no dishwasher. Flooring is wrecked. 

Repair man says parts n labour £300 for washing machine (as has multiple things wrong) and he’s not prepared to guarantee that’ll fix all of the faults either. Dishwasher repair £220 making a grand total of 😱😱😱

Going to cut my losses on the washing machine as it’s at least 15 years old and given its averaged 2-3 loads a day during that time and shamefully has never so much as seen a sniff of descaler I think it’s done for. 

My appliance maintenance is non existent. How often are you supposed to chuck washing machine cleaner in a washing machine and what stuff do you use? 

16 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

You are an unusual person for sure, it’s certainly a USP. 

If you n Trooper get together n form the chainsaw and corpse pic company I could see a market for you there.
Forgive me if I skip the launch party 😂

Not a bad idea we could offer a mix 'n' match service :lol:

Today we are support bubbling so get to see my two youngest grandchildren. Then for dinner tonight I have a 900 g t-bone which will be cooked rare with a bottle of good red wine to wash it down. Its also not raining which is a plus!

• Like 1

I have a nice piece of Aberdeen Angus 21 day matured rump for my tea tonight, with a side of chips cooked in beef dripping and a couple of large portabello mushrooms all covered in a creamy peppercorn sauce, no wine though will stick with my fruit squash :thumb:

Edited by dynax