Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

1 hour ago, dynax said:

Good morning looks icy today :thumb:

-4 here. I have a Zoom meeting from 9.00am to 8.00pm so I'm staying indoors l day.

It was freezing fog last night across the fields. We held a meeting in the pub on account of it having a larger room and being warm. It was a working event and we were socially distanced. And I made sure there were no sneaky paparazzi around. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

. I have a Zoom meeting from 9.00am to 8.00pm

Thats 11 friggin hours, what do you talk about for that long I struggle with 1 hour with my misses! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve_M said:

Good morning. I hope you’re all having a fine dat.

Me? I’m drilling holes in porcelain tiles to fit a shower. I know how to have fun.

I'm with you on the rock and roll lifestyle, just finished filling and painting the ceiling in the  box room now office for wife. Just fitting a new light and all being well prep the walls for paper and gloss the woodwork I too know how to live 😔 

2 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

I'm with you on the rock and roll lifestyle, just finished filling and painting the ceiling in the  box room now office for wife. Just fitting a new light and all being well prep the walls for paper and gloss the woodwork I too know how to live 😔 

Painting is my good lady’s domain, as is tiling. She’s been busy painting the walls and ceiling in the master bedroom over the last two days. I did paint three of the roof beams and part of the ceiling that should couldn’t reach (scared of heights) in the en suite. 

I laid the OSB down in the en suite yesterday and now we’re waiting for the experts to lay the finished flooring (Karndene)

2DD3F1EF-2B2A-4A4B-9869-100085F56763.jpeg

573F2487-E4CD-4581-BA9E-D716CB9A3CAF.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steve_M said:

Painting is my good lady’s domain, as is tiling. She’s been busy painting the walls and ceiling in the master bedroom over the last two days. I did paint three of the roof beams and part of the ceiling that should couldn’t reach (scared of heights) in the en suite. 

I laid the OSB down in the en suite yesterday and now we’re waiting for the experts to lay the finished flooring (Karndene)

2DD3F1EF-2B2A-4A4B-9869-100085F56763.jpeg

573F2487-E4CD-4581-BA9E-D716CB9A3CAF.jpeg

That really looks the business! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Steve_M said:

Good morning. I hope you’re all having a fine dat.

Me? I’m drilling holes in porcelain tiles to fit a shower. I know how to have fun.

I was up on a roof dropping a flue liner, I do like to live the high life :lol:

• Haha 2

Non bike related but sorted household insurance today. Renewal price £30 higher than last year as usual no claims and having upgraded all the doors and locks etc. A comparison search reduced it by 40 and a call to the current insurer reduced it by £60 does pay to shop around before calling the renewal line. Policy expert I can't complain  other than they do try it on with the renewal price! 

1 hour ago, MikeHorton said:

Non bike related but sorted household insurance today. Renewal price £30 higher than last year as usual no claims and having upgraded all the doors and locks etc. A comparison search reduced it by 40 and a call to the current insurer reduced it by £60 does pay to shop around before calling the renewal line. Policy expert I can't complain  other than they do try it on with the renewal price! 

I understand that the law (FCA Rules?) is being changed to stop them charging existing customers more than new customers. Mind, that assumes a lot about individual circumstances. 

Good evening. My good lady has been summoned to care for one of the grandchildren during tomorrow. I have a choice of tasks around the house and garden, including planting trees and putting up fences. However.

Tomorrow I will be riding my motorbike. YAY! 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

I understand that the law (FCA Rules?) is being changed to stop them charging existing customers more than new customers. Mind, that assumes a lot about individual circumstances. 

Yup, just overcharge every one now

44 minutes ago, Bender said:

Yup, just overcharge every one now

Good. I have a vested interest - I didn’t get a dividend last year so I need Aviva to make shed loads of profit this year  to compensate. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Steve_M said:

Yes no Introductory rates

But they give u a renewal price then find a better one 🤔

Just seem to spend more time sorting Insurance shite out these days

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Good. I have a vested interest - I didn’t get a dividend last year so I need Aviva to make shed loads of profit this year  to compensate. 

Fook for what aviva charged me for business insurance they should have sent you a jar of caviar wrapped in £20 notes. 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Bender said:

Fook for what aviva charged me for business insurance they should have sent you a jar of caviar wrapped in £20 notes. 

Nah, I got sick of caviar… the £20 notes would be useful, mind. 😂

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

Yes no Introductory rates

But they give u a renewal price then find a better one 🤔

Just seem to spend more time sorting Insurance shite out these days

It came as quite a surprise to me when I stopped working for Aviva and cancelled my motorbike insurance. I never was much good at shopping around… as needs must, I guess.