Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

10 minutes ago, Stu said:

He doesn't have to stop testing to do that :roll: 

You can go out and there is no need to isolate but I am sure @Steve_M is happier knowing he has got it and would more than likely avoid contact with others to prevent it spreading! 

Stopping testing doesn't make it go away nor does it stop you suffering when you do get it 

Particularly as we have visitors scheduled for this weekend. Now postponed.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Stu said:

He doesn't have to stop testing to do that :roll: 

You can go out and there is no need to isolate but I am sure @Steve_M is happier knowing he has got it and would more than likely avoid contact with others to prevent it spreading! 

Stopping testing doesn't make it go away nor does it stop you suffering when you do get it 

Tell me about it.

Still panting like a fat lad doing press ups..  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NeilM said:

Exactly lol.

I've lost a stone n half this month due to Covid.

Glass half full and all that...lol

Is that because you're off work and taking the dog for a walk :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

Is that because you're off work and taking the dog for a walk :lol: 

Well.

No bacon butties at work.

Can't drink,  haven't been in a pub all month.

Plus my heart rate is huge....lol

Thats from very very steady walking.

My fit bit thinks I'm an athlete now.  Only got to walk 50 yard and the heart rate fly up...lol

Screenshot_20220328-200619_Fitbit.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, NeilM said:

So do I.

Getting rather pissed off with it now

As I said to you I was about 2 months before I was feeling anywhere near normal! whatever normal is :lol: 

7 hours ago, Tiggie said:

@NeilM this is my Fitbit report for last Friday when I was working at the shop.

Strange as it sounds I think if I didn't work in a chippy I'd be fatter :lol:

Screenshot_20220328-225222.png

Bloody hell.

Mines never anything like that....lol

11 hours ago, Stu said:

So if your feeling ill stay at home until your better ... remember, like we used to do before we lost the ability to think for ourselves ...

As for isolating ... I can ride 300 miles, fill up twice and never take my helmet off near another human or talk to a soul .... Thats one of the joys of the Motorbike.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trooper74 said:

So if your feeling ill stay at home until your better ... remember, like we used to do before we lost the ability to think for ourselves ...

As for isolating ... I can ride 300 miles, fill up twice and never take my helmet off near another human or talk to a soul .... Thats one of the joys of the Motorbike.

I thought the same when I had covid but then I did think what if I have an accident or breakdown, sods law it would happen to me 😳 so I did the same kept testing till negative annoying I know but the garden looks better for it I spent my time on that rather than the bike. I'll have some amazing begonias in May, sad I know 😂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

Staying home until you're better is how you treat a common cold. 

But remember, things like measles, mumps, or rubella all present with cold like symptoms, fevers etc. Before the vaccines for these things existed, getting what looked like a cold meant you could be in big trouble. 

So when you say "before we lost the ability to think for ourselves", there's a bit of irony there. As for decades now, we haven't had to think, if it looked like a cold it was. That's no longer the case. 

I wouldn't ride if I had the option if feeling ill with a cold. Same with covid, you're not going to be as sharp to respond to things. Especially given the deterioration I've seen in peoples ability to drive after lockdowns. 

Edited by Fozzie
  • Like 1

Nothing worse than coughing or sneezing while wearing a crash helmet. I've had to use the bike twice now while suffering with this bug, and starting to sneeze whilst amongst traffic is not good

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, billy sugger said:

Nothing worse than coughing or sneezing while wearing a crash helmet. I've had to use the bike twice now while suffering with this bug, and starting to sneeze whilst amongst traffic is not good

Sneezing without getting the visor open in time ...yuck!! been there ...

Once while doing an enduro in very hot conditions I crashed and as I lay there I threw up before I could get my helmet off. During a break I washed the helmet out and stuck my head under a tap but the helmet did stink for ages. Oh the fun I had.

• Haha 2