Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

13 hours ago, Steve_M said:

Delegating the task was a schoolboy error, I admit. Luckily she’s far more disciplined than I am and is not so good at delegation*, so tends to do more than her fair share. 

*translation. Doesn’t trust me to do such a good job 😂

You too eh?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tiggie said:

@Steve_M my wife is far better with finances than me so I just let her deal with all the money and bills.

Apparently I'm better at cleaning so I get the bulk of that!! :lol:

I'm allowed to cook and to dig the garden over. I'm also permitted to push the vacuum around. Apparently when I retire we will be on a 2 week on 2 week off rotation for just about everything. This is rather horrifying so a good reason to keep working as long as I can!

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Tiggie said:

@Steve_M my wife is far better with finances than me so I just let her deal with all the money and bills.

Apparently I'm better at cleaning so I get the bulk of that!! :lol:

Jammy dodger, I do the finances, most of the food shop, and about 80% of the cleaning. When bedding needs putting back on, she manages this magic trick where she vanishes into thin air. :lol:

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, bonio said:

😱

It’s typical of the building’s issues arising from a 1960’s bodgit and scarper builder. 

The owner at that time bought it as a neglected house, as we have, and had it gutted and refitted. Foolishly, he and the builder had a fixed price / fixed time contract with penalty clauses. Shortcuts / bodges galore as the build progressed and missed its timescale - the owner had to be housed in a hotel at the builder’s expense while work finished. This is a consequence. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Steve_M said:

It’s typical of the building’s issues arising from a 1960’s bodgit and scarper builder. 

The owner at that time bought it as a neglected house, as we have, and had it gutted and refitted. Foolishly, he and the builder had a fixed price / fixed time contract with penalty clauses. Shortcuts / bodges galore as the build progressed and missed its timescale - the owner had to be housed in a hotel at the builder’s expense while work finished. This is a consequence. 

And sadly not uncommon. In my line of work I come across this quite regularly :eek2:

• Sad 2

Just found out today that the toilet cistern at work is an antique and possibly worth a few quid :shock:

Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 21.41.26.png

Ours is pretty much identical to the one pictured. My boss is going on holiday soon so it might be getting replaced with a cheap one from screwfix due to the old one springing a leak or something similar :lol:

• Haha 2