Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Good morning!

I had a happy accident over the weekend. On Friday night I was out with my family watching Hans Zimmer do a concert in Manchester, and during a break I scout ebay as I've been keeping an eye out for a little project to keep me busy in my evenings. My Kawasaki project is quite slow going as it's in Wales, and I often wait 6-8 weeks for OEM parts to arrive as I slowly restore it. I see a few bikes ending very shortly, all cat N write offs, so only a few hundred quid each. Something I won't feel bad about if I tear it down and balls it up, and have to scrap either due to something I do or find. 

Anyway, I won a little 2006 CBR125. Apparently it runs, but it's missing half its panels. Should arrive in the next week or two. :mrgreen:

If my 17 year old RS125 riding self could see me now. He'd be spitting blood. But I remember getting trapped in Northampton in heavy snow after lending one to run some errands. And I used it to get to the local domino's, where the manager saw I'd ridden through deep snow and gave me an extra large pizza for free. I hunkered down in a warm bedroom, with pizza, and the extended lord of the rings boxset, and a couple of days later I managed to limp in the car tracks to the motorway and crawl home. And all I can say is a bond was made :lol:

• Like 6

Panels for that age bike are hard to find, however the Street fighter look is now my daily ride to work.  Cracking little bikes.

Mine came pre street fightered single headlight.  Which once I converted to LED is more than good enough for my needs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, onesea said:

Panels for that age bike are hard to find, however the Street fighter look is now my daily ride to work.  Cracking little bikes.

Mine came pre street fightered single headlight.  Which once I converted to LED is more than good enough for my needs.

I found a chap on eBay who has a lot of "new old" stock. And can find whatever I need. The lucky thing is, as it's a 125 and the fairings aren't particularly complex in shape, they are cheap. I might change the whole colour of the bike, it's black at the moment and I'm thinking the blue colour it was in the same year would look nicer. 

But if it's more battered, it's in my back pocket to do a bit of metal work and make a street fighter. Maybe try and make it look a little like the later CB125R... That's had a crash :lol:

Woke up at 4:20am having a very stupid dream about aliens ( the film ) 

So good news is I went in to work early, have flew through the prep work and I'm now sat at home with the rest of the day off :cheers:

Bad news is I only had about 4 hours of sleep so will be completely fecked and act like a zombie come the afternoon :roll:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Grumpy Old Git said:

Good morning all - Putting up gazebos in the garden for my 'surprise' birthday party.

Already got the drinks in (cooling).

Food sorted

😇

some surprise eh  😄

• Haha 1