Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

54 minutes ago, rennie said:

Good Evening :classic_biggrin:

It's a bit warm in this foundry tonight!

Ah, I’ve spent many an hour wandering purposely around foundries* (aluminium diecasting). They do get warm in summer, don’t they.

*my apprenticeship was at a company called Aluminium Bronze, based in Wallows Lane, Walsall. 

• Like 2

Good afternoon everyone, not been on for a while. I’ve been mega busy.

Celebrated my 2 year anniversary with the girlfriend and moved her in. Been absolutely swamped with work so not had time to celebrate much, and off to the Isle of Wight this weekend for a week. 

Bike got it’s suspension setup and feels the best it ever has. Car cost me £550 this week in servicing and tyres… It’s all been going on 😅

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Good afternoon everyone, not been on for a while. I’ve been mega busy.

Celebrated my 2 year anniversary with the girlfriend and moved her in. Been absolutely swamped with work so not had time to celebrate much, and off to the Isle of Wight this weekend for a week. 

Bike got it’s suspension setup and feels the best it ever has. Car cost me £550 this week in servicing and tyres… It’s all been going on 😅

Expensive things are  girlfriends 😂 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bender said:

Yes but that's how it starts, bit like motorbike, starts out cheap and seaming like it's a good idea 😂 

FFS calling your girlfriend ‘cheap’ is a direct route to a kick in the nuts & a very expensive shopping trip followed by a very expensive meal where she will totally ignore you & there will be no ‘benefits’ !!

Don’t ask how I know 😟

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Mickly said:

FFS calling your girlfriend ‘cheap’ is a direct route to a kick in the nuts & a very expensive shopping trip followed by a very expensive meal where she will totally ignore you & there will be no ‘benefits’ !!

Don’t ask how I know 😟

Good point, well made.

52 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Cheaper than ex-wives (or soon to be ex-wives) in my limited experience. 

Oof, sorry if that’s something you’re going through. I've not technically been married but had a taste of the costs involved over events 26 year old me went through. Was enough to put me off ever doing it, which the gf is pretty accommodating of.

Cost wise she’s a career girl so makes a good wage, but she’s made me throw out most of my furniture for hers already…  However she doesn’t mind me having bikes, or project bikes as it means she gets the tv to herself and some private time so it’s a good trade off and she won’t go near the garage. 😂

18 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Oof, sorry if that’s something you’re going through. I've not technically been married but had a taste of the costs involved over events 26 year old me went through. Was enough to put me off ever doing it, which the gf is pretty accommodating of.

Cost wise she’s a career girl so makes a good wage, but she’s made me throw out most of my furniture for hers already…  However she doesn’t mind me having bikes, or project bikes as it means she gets the tv to herself and some private time so it’s a good trade off and she won’t go near the garage. 😂

My divorce was over 20yrs ago. I’m over it. 

When my good lady and I first shacked up (marriage isn’t going to happen) I suggested getting rid of the bike as it was a luxury item at a time when money was tight. Her response was “you’re not getting rid of that, it’s the only thing you kept from your divorce settlement”… At that point I knew I’d got the right woman.

• Like 5

If you think riding motorbikes is tiring try sailing a racing dinghy in strong winds. Two races this evening, both an hour long.

It was a pretty brisk breeze and I came off the water soaked and completely knackered. Pretty good results, particularly the second race when the wind was stronger. Probably the Old Stores full English ballast doing its bit. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve_M said:

My divorce was over 20yrs ago. I’m over it. 

When my good lady and I first shacked up (marriage isn’t going to happen) I suggested getting rid of the bike as it was a luxury item at a time when money was tight. Her response was “you’re not getting rid of that, it’s the only thing you kept from your divorce settlement”… At that point I knew I’d got the right woman.

Be glad it didn’t happen these days, my generation is quite social media obsessed, which makes an upset person say some silly things. Most recent is a friend who hasn’t seen his daughter in months over stuff his ex made up on and posted. And it’s really common. 

Sounds like a good one, something to be said about those who understand what something means to you even if they don’t share the hobby! 

Good morning the parts arrived but it did not end well and still not fixed.

I knew I was taking a punt on it the main bellows part of the seal were fine and the right size, but the housing was too big to do a complete replacement which I expected.

In an attempt to separate the bellows from the housing I did damage the seal slightly which I was also expecting, after doing a dry fit to see if all went together it fitted perfectly, after applying a liberal amount of rtv gasket maker/sealer put it all back together and left it for an hour to cure.

Still leaks.

Contacted Lexeter to see when more spares will be available as this is a common part with their LXR models, needless to say when I mention it was a UM bike they dismissed it as not their problem, but they did give me the number of Quadzilla who are in negotiations to supply the parts for UM so not all bad news, just waiting on a phone call from them now to see if they can get one for me :thumb:

• Confused 1

Good evening. 

Another little stroll up onto the fells today. Red Screes, Middle Dodd and Little Hart Crag we’re visited.

We were given a fly by as we gained height… 

0E75089C-D225-45D9-8078-FA48B2298A6E.jpeg

Edited by Steve_M
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Good evening. 

Another little stroll up onto the fells today. Red Screes, Middle Dodd and Little Hart Crag we’re visited.

We we’re given a fly by as we gained height… 

0E75089C-D225-45D9-8078-FA48B2298A6E.jpeg

Is that the route from Ambleside to Grasmere? Over the top.

Recall the same experience 20 yrs back.

Wonderful photo

5 minutes ago, NeilM said:

Is that the route from Ambleside to Grasmere? Over the top.

Recall the same experience 20 yrs back.

Wonderful photo

No, it’s alongside, but above, Kirkstone Pass. 

We see them below us often when we’re walking in the Lakes, there were a couple of F23’s from Lakenheath a couple of days ago - I was too slow with my phone on that occasion. 

• Like 1