Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

22 minutes ago, dynax said:

Been like it all day and I had to go out too, good job for waterproofs :thumb:

So far managed to dodge the worst rain, but still got wet. Still, not bad progress so far. 

820CB71D-61B7-4339-A893-A4DA4CFF3FCB.jpeg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rennie said:

Absolutely horrendous driving conditions on the way to work tonight!

I feel sorry for anyone who was out on a bike in that!

Thunder Lightning & torrential rain in Cov now !!

• Like 1

Good evening. A warm day has been spent in the garden covering the polytunnel. We finished the day on the patio, admiring our handiwork while partaking of a refreshing G&T each. Today was a good day. 

01B63EE2-5C7E-4E4C-9909-E27C92391E3B.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, rennie said:

Good Evening :classic_biggrin:

Too much work and not enough weekend! :scratch:

Know the feeling well. Working hours directive gone out the window this weekend. I don't like 18 hour days at all, never mind days and days of them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On sick.....

What the hell do people do when they retire or unemployed. 

Bored stupid already. 

Good job I'm on the horse tablets, at least I'm off me tits half of the time.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, NeilM said:

On sick.....

What the hell do people do when they retire or unemployed. 

Bored stupid already. 

Good job I'm on the horse tablets, at least I'm off me tits half of the time.

In my case, house renovations, garden projects, visit the kids, help the kids move house and some DIY for them, host friends visiting, walk the Lake District fells, read, and occasionally (though not often enough) ride the bike. 

I also have a VF800 that needs putting back on the road should I get bored. 

• Like 2

Can't wait to retire. 2 or 3 more years. Then biking, grandkids, fishing, gardening, travelling and anything else I can think of without stepping foot in an airport unless I'm going somewhere because I want to not have to. 

• Like 2

What is it with some bits of the NHS at the moment? Some parts of it seem to deliberately make life difficult for people.

My mother is 87 and has been waiting for an appointment regarding pain for months. She was offered an online consultation which given that she doesn't use a computer isn't terribly helpful. We got her set up with an iPad and went through the process of logging into the appointment. They had cancelled it. So a month later she gets another slot and has been on again. Except she couldn't log into the clinic. Ringing the hospital resulted in the advice for her to sit by her iPad and wait to be allowed into the clinic. So she's been there for 4 hours - not daring even to go to the loo - and now been told they'd run over so someone will contact her tomorrow to rearrange it. 

I wouldn't mind the repeated 75 miles trips to sort this out, but it's all motorway so not a brilliant ride at the best of time.

To be fair our local surgery have been quite good of late, but I'm not in my 80's and I'm quite adept at using technology. How on earth do they expect elderly people to access health care that is entirely technology based?

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Steve_M said:

Good evening. A warm day has been spent in the garden covering the polytunnel. We finished the day on the patio, admiring our handiwork while partaking of a refreshing G&T each. Today was a good day. 

01B63EE2-5C7E-4E4C-9909-E27C92391E3B.jpeg

That looks a neat job. I can imagine it wasn't straightforward to do though.

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

That looks a neat job. I can imagine it wasn't straightforward to do though.

It’s not too difficult, though definitely a two handed job (for the techies who use pair programming, this was pair polytunnel building 😂). . It’s one of those jobs where you have to go at a steady pace, not rush things and be prepared to rewind a step if necessary - and it was necessary when we found a couple of the anchor screws were a little out, for example. My good lady provided QA, which only became a problem when the instructions fell short of real life or parts were missing (not critical path, and they’re being delivered later this week).