Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Quite looking forward to a quiet Christmas with just me and my wife. Took the youngest grandchildren to London on Tuesday to go to theatre. Totally banjaxed. Glad to return them to parents on Wednesday. 

• Like 2

Wife has put the marriage vows into practice and shared her covid with me. We're both staggering about the house trying to look after each other. Day 4 and still getting worse.

I think Christmas is a no show for us this year:-(.

• Sad 8

A tale of sorrow & a warning to all …

Step Daughter has been a quite ill over the last week or so but has been gamely going to work because they are so short staffed ( she’s a dental nurse ) it has wiped her out and so Mrs Mickly volunteered for us to do her Xmas food shopping for her, which we did yesterday at Aldi and a couple of other places .. all well & good so far, shops were busy but not too bad.

We also got some stuff for ourselves from Aldi including a piece of beef. I wasn’t really concentrating much, just pushing the trolley & picked up the beef I had seen advertised for £25, only one left as well.

Much later late last night I was going through the receipt to work out how much Stepdaughter owed us & saw an item for £67 😱 only to realise that it was the beef I had bought & that it was £25 PER KILOGRAM & I’d bought a 2.6kg piece.

Mrs Mickly was unimpressed, especially as she doesn’t like beef.

So although it was a shock, I’m quietly excited to try it.

A89D605F-1E18-48EF-9DCC-6AC6FB751C1C.thumb.jpeg.584f58f524d3b9c6fc2aeb60a4411762.jpeg
The price was on the bottom of the box - a bit dodgy if you ask me

5B9BF903-60A8-4D9B-9ABC-A76348687C8E.thumb.jpeg.8aaa6dda27f020d1c3382a33d60f5989.jpeg
It better be bloody good !!

Lesson learned.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mickly said:

Step Daughter has been a quite ill over the last week or so but has been gamely going to work because they are so short staffed ( she’s a dental nurse ) it has wiped her out and so Mrs Mickly volunteered for us to do her Xmas food shopping for her, which we did yesterday at Aldi and a couple of other places .. all well & good so far, shops were busy but not too bad.

We also got some stuff for ourselves from Aldi including a piece of beef. I wasn’t really concentrating much, just pushing the trolley & picked up the beef I had seen advertised for £25, only one left as well.

Much later late last night I was going through the receipt to work out how much Stepdaughter owed us & saw an item for £67 😱 only to realise that it was the beef I had bought & that it was £25 PER KILOGRAM & I’d bought a 2.6kg piece.

A89D605F-1E18-48EF-9DCC-6AC6FB751C1C.thumb.jpeg.584f58f524d3b9c6fc2aeb60a4411762.jpeg

5B9BF903-60A8-4D9B-9ABC-A76348687C8E.thumb.jpeg.8aaa6dda27f020d1c3382a33d60f5989.jpeg

Lesson learned.

Mine would be be carful with your online ordering.  

Working right up to Christmas, finishing some time after 0630 tomorrow.  We figuered we would trust Morrisons followed our instructions order your “Center piece” before x date to ensure delivery.

2.5kg of Gammon ordered 0.5 kg received well that ain’t going to work with 8.  Even if we have 2 different meats to Roast.

So misses out emergency shopping me doing house work 2 hours less sleep for between nights.

• Sad 2

A young guy driving a BMW hit a pothole outside our house and punctured a tyre. He pulled into our church drive  tried using the tyre repair bottle that BMW provide in lieu of a spare wheel. Unfortunately his tyre had a huge gash in it so the fluid simply leaked out onto the driveway surface.

Eventually he got someone to take his wheel and get a new tyre fitted. 

He then came to find me to let me know the repair fluid had made a mess and could I lend him a brush to clean it up. 

It turned out to be easy to clean with a bucket of water and a stiff brush.  But it was good of him to take the effort. Most people would simply drive off a leave me to find it when it had set hard and was impossible to clear away. 

Shame it cost him just under £200 on a pothole the council marked for repair six months ago. 

• Like 4

£25 PER KILOGRAM & I’d bought a 2.6kg piece.

Don't even try to cook that....just eat it raw !

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

A young guy driving a BMW hit a pothole outside our house and punctured a tyre. He pulled into our church drive  tried using the tyre repair bottle that BMW provide in lieu of a spare wheel. Unfortunately his tyre had a huge gash in it so the fluid simply leaked out onto the driveway surface.

Eventually he got someone to take his wheel and get a new tyre fitted. 

He then came to find me to let me know the repair fluid had made a mess and could I lend him a brush to clean it up. 

It turned out to be easy to clean with a bucket of water and a stiff brush.  But it was good of him to take the effort. Most people would simply drive off a leave me to find it when it had set hard and was impossible to clear away. 

Shame it cost him just under £200 on a pothole the council marked for repair six months ago. 

Nice to know there are still some civilised folks around. Sometimes if all you believe is the various press its like we are in a new Dark Ages. Overhyped as usual.

• Like 2

On 23/12/2023 at 00:43, RideWithStyles said:

🤭.

😭Get well soon to everyone in the Bonio house hold!

yep its pants, it made wifey very ill and almost put me in hospital but the daughter didnt suffer in anyway 😅.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all.

You must be bad parents, it's our job to make them suffer!! You must try harder 😂

• Confused 1

On 23/12/2023 at 14:58, Mickly said:

Lesson learned.

Resting

9197A8DB-F544-4D8C-BABD-CAD65051D8C3.thumb.jpeg.43df73e4451c18f324395ccbcd1357cd.jpeg

• Like 4