I have seen this advertised in a fair few places which could be useful for short trips and touring 

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/505119/

Not the cheapest but you would pay more than this for something 7 times the weight 

And it seems incredibly tough 

As the LockpickingLawyer states, no lock is resistant to someone who knows what they are doing, which is any thief who knows how to buy a decent cable cutter, in this case HK Porter 28" for about £90.

Edited by Throttled
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, raesewell said:

You might want to take a look at this before you rush out and buy one.

This is like saying your FJR is shit because some have second gear problems and some have TPS problems etc etc! 

Not all thieves carry these sorts of tools and for your opportunist thief the lock will be good enough 

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

This is like saying your FJR is shit because some have second gear problems and some have TPS problems etc etc! 

Not all thieves carry these sorts of tools and for your opportunist thief the lock will be good enough 

It only takes one.

1 minute ago, Stu said:

cheapskate opportunist thieves..... not being able to afford decent tools  to nick your bike, what area  are you most likely to come across an opportunist thief and be in the knowledge your bike wont get nicked because of their inferior choice  of tools ?

52 minutes ago, Throttled said:

Agreed and his recommended bike lock is the Kryptonite Evolution Chain Lock (Series 4). I know he means bicycle, but it would do for a motorbike.

Opportunistic thief would have already nicked a battery angle grinder or bought a cheap one from aldi and non of your locks are safe.

The tool in the video looks like a steel cable cutter doing what it was designed for.

Security is always a trade off, a lightweight lock is better than no lock.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, raesewell said:

I wasn't aware that thieving scumbags had a code not to use good tools. You live and learn eh?

The scum are more likely to use a battery grinder than those specific cutters. 

Fish

• Like 1

Guest Swagman
3 hours ago, James in Brum said:

My ZZR Fits the bill. 30 years old, not shiny or classic. But I Bloomin love it.

Great bikes those ZZRs I had the 1100 loved it wish I had still got it now.👍