Jaguar . End of an Era .

fastbob

Just now, fastbob said:

Sad and depressing news that JLR is to cease production of cars with engines in favour of cars with electric motors . 

Polish_20210215_185351049.png

Polish_20210215_185820633.png

On the bright side, it’s less to go wrong 

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Is it the end of era or the start of a new one? 🤔

It's the start of a new one that I don't like and I will not be persuaded otherwise . 

• Like 1

first nail in the coffin of internal combustion engines. 

luxury brands to start with.. then makers further down the chain will follow and that will lead to huge leaps forward in innovation and technology. as demand drives innovation.

Edited by Gerontious

Just now, fastbob said:

I wonder why you people ride motorbikes sometimes . 

The world is changing and for the likes of me I will be around when there is no "motorbikes" they will all be electric! so if I give up now then I may as well hang my leathers up! 

Or I could embrace it and make the most of what I will have on offer and not get left behind 

Move with the times are be a dinosaur 

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

Have you driven any electric vehicles yet? 

I’ve ridden a couple of electric motorbikes. Does that count?

I rather enjoyed the experience and, if they solve the cost, range and charging issues, I’d buy one. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, fastbob said:

There is no bright side .

Giving Jaguars legendary reputation for reliability, I’d say it’s an improvement in that respect.

However it is sad to think that this is another step along the road to soulless motoring that  will be controlled at all levels by the powers that be 😢

1 minute ago, Steve_M said:

I’ve ridden a couple of electric motorbikes. Does that count?

I rather enjoyed the experience and, if they solve the cost, range and charging issues, I’d buy one. 

Yes it counts 

There is some way to go but I have to be honest I can't wait to actually ride one 

15 minutes ago, Stu said:

Yes it counts 

There is some way to go but I have to be honest I can't wait to actually ride one 

Do it. There is one safety consideration to bear in mind. Don’t blip the throttle at standstill at a junction. We were advised to hit the kill button every time we came to a stop just to be safe. I’m not a throttle blipper but still took the advice.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Do it. There is one safety consideration to bear in mind. Don’t blip the throttle at standstill at a junction. We were advised to hit the kill button every time we came to a stop just to be safe. I’m not a throttle blipper but still took the advice.

Yeah thats a very good point! 

I have been up close to some race bikes a few years ago when a mate was racing one and he loved it 

• Like 1

It is inevitable, but as long as i'm able I will ride ICE even if it means having to go 2t only on the pedal and pop, because I sure as hell will find a way to make it run on something other than petrol :lol:

16 minutes ago, dynax said:

It is inevitable, but as long as i'm able I will ride ICE even if it means having to go 2t only on the pedal and pop, because I sure as hell will find a way to make it run on something other than petrol :lol:

hydrogen :D

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Bender said:

German company made a hydrogen sludge that you could fill up similar to petrol they thought it would be good for motorbikes, no silly pressurised tanks to worry about.

Might make you go with a bang but better than bzzzzzz.