Such a shame, it’s a cracking wheelie...

onesea

Probably both of them, bike should have just owned up.

3 power rangers pulled away from me and the wife, between cars comming off a1 heading to airport, front dick pulling wheelie in traffic as they went, I said to her  anyone with dash cam of that and he would more than likely get done.

The mistake the motorcyclist made was when he submitted false documents to the police you you ratchet up the offence to what he was charged with and found guilty of namely Perverting the course of justice. If you get found guilty of this offence it can be life imprisonment at its worse and judges take a very dim view of this. The rider should of just put his hand up and took the punishment as when he gets out that conviction will hang round his neck for years now causing no end of problems in the future.  

• Like 1

Yes @Old-codger, I've known a few drivers who thought (whether stupidity or reading stuff on the internet) that if they ignored a request to identify the driver then the police couldn't do anything. Without realising that failure to do so lands the registered keeper in hotter water (and as I understand it, insurers take a dim view of that offence on your record too). Perverting the course of justice is another layer higher

• Like 1

17 hours ago, onesea said:

I was going to nominate for KOTD, but thought the forum should decide who...

https://m.facebook.com/#!/story.php?story_fbid=2983137781970132&id=1618086331808624

This link just takes me to my newsfeed??

Edited by fullscreenaging

think to cyclist is a c"nt here to be honest ... did he really have to report biker .

you just cant do stuff like this on the road no more every fooker and his mum has a camera .

• Like 1

Slightly off topic but perhaps not - many years ago I was riding my Suzuki SB200 (no wheelies or speeding on this beast...) home & was standing up on the pegs, stretching my legs.  As I approached where we lived I was pulled over by a copper who'd spotted 'my antics'.  So 20 questions, even as to why I didn't have L plates on Alfie...until I pointed out the fact that 'It's a 200 Officer, here's my full licence'...copper then says is that your correct address & I say "yes, it's that cottage across the road..." to which he says oh, ok & fecks off...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Tango said:

Not allowed to use camera footage like that over here......privacy laws and all that. 

France?  You can send it direct to the police though and they will look at it.

Just going to get worse here.

The national dashcam safety portal was launched last July offering an easy way for drivers to submit video evidence of illegal actions on the road that authorities can use for to convict those found breaking the law.

In the first 12 months of the database being available, some 4,891 clips were uploaded to the portal, resulting in 1,223 prosecutions

• Sad 2

52 minutes ago, Bender said:

France?  You can send it direct to the police though and they will look at it.

Just going to get worse here.

The national dashcam safety portal was launched last July offering an easy way for drivers to submit video evidence of illegal actions on the road that authorities can use for to convict those found breaking the law.

In the first 12 months of the database being available, some 4,891 clips were uploaded to the portal, resulting in 1,223 prosecutions

It's a mindset thing and I agree that it's likely to get worse there. Not condoning the actions of idiots on the road, but in this instance who knows what may have gone on leading up to the picture. Undoubtedly the biker brought a lot of it on himself by trying to pervert the course of justice.

I watch some of those dashcam videos on YouTube from time to time and quite a few of them I can see what's going to happen before it does. Some drivers seem to prefer to hit the horn rather than take their foot of the throttle a bit. Driving standards have definitely dropped over the years.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tango said:

It's a mindset thing and I agree that it's likely to get worse there. Not condoning the actions of idiots on the road, but in this instance who knows what may have gone on leading up to the picture. Undoubtedly the biker brought a lot of it on himself by trying to pervert the course of justice.

I watch some of those dashcam videos on YouTube from time to time and quite a few of them I can see what's going to happen before it does. Some drivers seem to prefer to hit the horn rather than take their foot of the throttle a bit. Driving standards have definitely dropped over the years.

Driving standards are almost non existent, confrontation and road rage are the order of the day.

• Like 1

It is a worry with dash cam culture, particularly with bikes.  Over taking many car drivers do not realise how much acceleration a bike has on tap.

Cam Clips can be selective and highlighting the wrongs not the rights.

in the forest I routinely hop in front of cars (normally tourists), if there are horses or cyclists I can pass so much easier. So flick of wrist overtake, slow down safe distance ahead on a Road width I would not pass in car, on bike no issues.

That could look bad however if they had shown the previous 5 miles that the car had suddenly slowed to 5 mph to cross a cattle grid look at horses/ donkeys/ cows yet I had not over taken due to animal proximity it would put it context.

How many do similar? Cars that slow excessively on bends, window shopping in town, Vans and lorries that are slow up hills.  Clear straight they are doing the speed limit but next hill bend village 🤨

Clear straight hop ahead and slowdown. 

• Like 2

Yup. I will move out to the right to get a view, and then if it's clear overtake the car in front. But the driver, because he's over to the left, can't see the road is clear, and it looks from their point of view as if I'm being dangerous. And the cam is even further left, so it will make it look even worse.

For a general overtake I genuinely think you're overworrying. The police are very unlikely to try and get you for a careless driving rap.

Most forces require at least two minutes before and after an incident to review it, this is to cover off the "doesn't show what happened in the run up". They then request you retain footage of the whole journey. That's then to cover off a defence of "but for the five miles before this..."

A close pass is very distinct to an overtake. And so with that let's get back to the original incident in this thread. The motorcyclist, on a clear section of road passed another road user within two metres - he's not even over the centre line. At speed. Doing a wheelie. If he f**ked that up he doesn't just damage his pride, he potentially takes someone else out.

I get some of you think it's spoiling the fun but at the end of the day rather than take it on the chin he did a Chris Huhne and what's more he tried to stitch someone else up for it, before attempting to falsify documents. Quite frankly, f**k him.

Go and do your wheelie on a totally clear bit of road, not when you're passing another human being.

Judge me if you like but I've reported other road users using video footage multiple times. I couldn't care less if you think that makes me a grass or a tosser. Truth be told if this guy had passed me fully in the other carriageway on my bike I would have just called him a twat and carried on. But if he'd passed me as shown in the still yes I would have reported it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

See I have never understood this! 

A copper told me you would get done for "not being in control of a motor vehicle" 

Just how exactly :?

3 hours ago, Stu said:

A copper told me you would get done for "not being in control of a motor vehicle" 

He's not in control, what use is his front brake, how's his visibility, how's he going to swerve to avoid something, is the rear tyre and suspension rated to take the full weight of bike and rider, the list is extensive 😁 

I was behind a right prick in a corsa today, slow away from lights, going well below speed limit, too busy chatting, as I passed I noticed they were full uniformed plod, I passed them and a waggon and pulled back in just before a 30 sign, they were straight round waggon and tucked in behind me so I religiously stuck to 31mph 😁 

Could have easily been pulled doing over 40 it's a crap section of dual carriageway which goes from 40 to 30

Sneaky gits 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Image result for confused gif

• Haha 2