Test rides

Stu

Has anyone had any issues with test rides from dealers? I know pretty much all of them stopped them but with restrictions easing have they now started up again? :? 

I have seen the odd place saying they are doing click and collect and stores are open but nothing really on test rides :? 

1 minute ago, Fish said:

The store where I purchased my 125 are doing them, so others should be.

Fish

Well I bloody hope so :lol: 

I suppose its going to be down to the individual dealer! 

I can see their issue with people handling bikes in showrooms. I've heard people not being allowed to sit on bikes for example. But there's a difference between a possibly large number of customers sitting on various bikes in a showroom and one person test riding a bike that can then be cleaned and/or left untouched for 72 hours between test rides.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I can see their issue with people handling bikes in showrooms. I've heard people not being allowed to sit on bikes for example. But there's a difference between a possibly large number of customers sitting on various bikes in a showroom and one person test riding a bike that can then be cleaned and/or left untouched for 72 hours between test rides.

Agreed and I am sure it would be quite easy to insist on gloves and other gear being put on prior to touching the bike.

Then as you say follow with wash or keep out of the way for 72 hours.

Safer than a showroom for sure.

Cheers

Ian

I think a wash would have to be the way as someone would still have to move the bike to put it away etc so leaving for 72 hours would be difficult if the customer just dumped it outside :lol: 

I would also like to think that they would refrain from using sanitiser too as I have seen what it can do to electrics etc 

I really don't think the risk of infection from covid via test ride on a bike is particularly high. Especially if you are wearing normal protective gear. Back in the dark days of February at least one dealer was willing to give me a loan bike while they sorted mine. As it happens it wasn't necessary but they were sensible and practical. Unlike the bloody government and the rest of the "sky is falling" mob.

5 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

I really don't think the risk of infection from covid via test ride on a bike is particularly high.

I'm not concerned about the risk of infection as such but whether they will allow me to take a bike out :lol: 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Stu said:

I'm not concerned about the risk of infection as such but whether they will allow me to take a bike out :lol: 

Lol

Last weekend @fastbob got a test ride on a different Harley and I think he liked it?

No covid problems noted here.

Cheers

Ian

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

Lol

Last weekend @fastbob got a test ride on a different Harley and I think he liked it?

No covid problems noted here.

Cheers

Ian

I did like it . Bigger , noisier , faster . What's not to like ? Well the front brake did feel a little wooden compared to the twin discs of the Roadster . But what you told me about relying exclusively on the front brake was a real eye opener and a testament to your ability to adapt your riding from one bike to another . I had always believed that single disc Harleys needed constant use of the back brake but now I'm not so sure . Anyway it was a very enjoyable Sunday even if I did get totally lost in Northamptonshire . 

On 04/05/2021 at 20:00, Stu said:

Has anyone had any issues with test rides from dealers? I know pretty much all of them stopped them but with restrictions easing have they now started up again? :? 

I have seen the odd place saying they are doing click and collect and stores are open but nothing really on test rides :? 

BMW are.

45 minutes ago, skyrider said:

what happened to the harley shop have they moved on to the docks the original shop has been closed for a while now

I thought they had gone altogether ?? Someone said they had shut shut but im not sure. Im going to macros on sunday so ill have a look 👀

Edited by gymwitch