New Honda tourer

Lateralus

23 minutes ago, Lateralus said:

Think I'm hoping for something a bit more touring orientated to be honest!

I hear the R1200RT is a good touring bike especially the LC :popcorn:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lateralus said:

Think I'm hoping for something a bit more touring orientated to be honest!

I’ve said elsewhere that I’m considering moving to something more VFR Crossrunner-ish when I replace my GS. I was hoping the new NT would fit the bill. If that’s it then it appears to have  missed the mark. I await test rides and will give it a test run before I dismiss it entirely.

The problem with touring bikes is the Eurocap thing.

I think that's why Kawasaki decided to make an hybrid, The battery will be close to useless but will pass Eurocap emissions.

Maybe Honda will make an hybrid Pan European, that would be a great idea :thumb: 

35 minutes ago, husoi said:

The problem with touring bikes is the Eurocap thing.

I think that's why Kawasaki decided to make an hybrid, The battery will be close to useless but will pass Eurocap emissions.

Maybe Honda will make an hybrid Pan European, that would be a great idea :thumb: 

No. Please no. As lovely as the Pan European is it’s already far too heavy without adding extra batteries and electric motors. 

9 hours ago, DuRavary said:

No. Please no. As lovely as the Pan European is it’s already far too heavy without adding extra batteries and electric motors. 

Do they not have reverse already or is that just the Goldwing? 

35 minutes ago, Mr Fro said:

Do they not have reverse already or is that just the Goldwing? 

Unfortunately they don’t. Very early on in my nine years of Pan European ownership I learned that you never parked with the front wheel pointing downhill if you couldn’t ride out in that direction even on a slight slope. I really do believe the Pan is a great bike and once it’s rolling is light and manoeuvrable but when they’re stood still they’re heavy. Too heavy. The bike I’m picking up on Tuesday is 130kg lighter. That’s a lot and even i5 is considered to be heavy.  

On 14/10/2021 at 07:57, Lateralus said:

Looks like Honda have a new tourer coming out. Not much in the video, but appears to be proper upright touring and full 3 piece luggage. Hopefully a shaft drive too, for those of us who are in to such things!

https://youtu.be/jml_HFfWlcY

I'm not especially keen on that engine (see my Africa Twin review) but that looks like my kind of bike.

I wonder if it'll have the usual Honda comedy pricing?

No shaft. Looks more sport-touring to me.

more like a big brother to the NC750 than something that might hurt sales of the RT for example. More aimed at the RS niche, perhaps. Or those who can’t manage the Africa Twin, perhaps want something more road biased with a lower seat height.

cant say I’m convinced.

2A4CA8E6-DF43-47B3-B7DE-383FD092AAA6.thumb.jpeg.f54c02c001bb909e4184de410cef766a.jpeg

Edited by Gerontious

Well, Honda have now released details.

So we have: The power and weight of a 1250 Bandit (minus the torque and refinement). Looks like a whale and about 30% too expensive.

Shame.

Edited by DJP

3 hours ago, DJP said:

Well, Honda have now released details.

So we have: The power and weight of a 1250 Bandit (minus the torque and refinement). Looks like a whale and about 30% too expensive.

Shame.

I'm guessing from your posts your not a fan of Honda's or this particular engine 🤣

1 hour ago, MikeHorton said:

I'm guessing from your posts your not a fan of Honda's or this particular engine 🤣

As far as I am aware you are the only person on this forum that has tried, let alone bought a bike with that particular engine.

I haven't tried the 1100, just sat on an adventure sport at the dealers and as soon as I realised just how much lower it was compared to the earlier 1000, I lost interest.

Edited by Gerontious

2 hours ago, Gerontious said:

As far as I am aware you are the only person on this forum that has tried, let alone bought a bike with that particular engine.

I haven't tried the 1100, just sat on an adventure sport at the dealers and as soon as I realised just how much lower it was compared to the earlier 1000, I lost interest.

Yes that did lower it a bit I believe. I can't complain it's not cheap but with the spec level it came in at a good price compared to a beemer or KTM. Bikes are horses for courses but it's easy to maintain in terms of the basics so far reliable and does everything I need really well. I was amazed how good it was fully loaded at 2 up touring. The OEM tyres have been quite good I swapped out the ones on my Tracer early doors as they were not great in the wet. 

6 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

Really, I'm just disappointed that Honda had the chance to move the game forward and didn't.

16 hours ago, Gerontious said:

cause it wasn't t a scooter

27 minutes ago, Six30 said:

cause it wasn't t a scooter

Actually, it was and their test bike. But, like I say - the seat height had been reduced so it wasn’t right for me. Very nice in black though.

I might try their new bike if they get the scooter version to test.