Summer gloves

I have a pair of Wolf Titanium Outlast CE gloves which I love for the protection and warmth but dislike for the fiddly cuff closure. I'm OK with it though for the other brilliant aspects of the glove. I'm looking for another pair of summer full gauntlet gloves which provide good protection but I'm not that fussed about waterproofing. Also they need to be easier to put on than the wolfs.

So far I'm thinking RST Tractech Evo 4 or Racer High Speed Glove. Was considering the Knox Handroid Mk4 but thinking the price might be a bit high getting past the wife.

Anybody got experience with any of these gloves?

Edited by NER
Spelling mistake

24 minutes ago, manxie49 said:

I bought a pair of these from SBS for off roading,  I tend to wear them as my summer glove on road as well.  Pretty good protection and didn't break the bank.  https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/392636

He wants the gauntlet style

• 2 weeks later...

Gauntlet summer gloves can be a struggle. I've been looking for some summer gloves and was leaning towards the Rukka Bartlet gloves. If you want gauntlet style in summer gloves then you're mainly looking at waterproof gloves. This means a membrane so not as much airflow.

In the end I went for a pair of Furygan James Evo D30 which aren't gauntlets but are incredibly comfortable on my hands. They are a retro design so won't suit everyone but of the many many gloves I tried they were the ones that fitted best. 

If you want summer gloves with protection but no membrane have a look at the Brian Samson police gloves at Motolegends. Or the Rukka Beckwith, or Halvarssons Logan 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Working Class Hero said:

I'm glad I spotted this thread, as I'm looking for the exact same type of summer glove. Have you tried this at all?

Not tried them yet. They look like a decent glove for the money. Summer weather is still a bit away so I'll wait a while and see if any sales are put on for summer gear as I need a few things 

On 25/02/2022 at 09:42, Bender said:

Have you looked at knox nexos, not as expensive as handroid but great protection 

I agree, I have these gloves and they are defo good in the summer and offer great protection, only half gauntlet though compared to the handriod. They were brillant for the last two summers. For this year, I'd brought the Alpinestars GP Pro R2 gloves as I'd managed to buy them half price online; fit is great and offers great protection too.

I have the Rukka Forsair gloves. Amazing even with hand guards. 

I would prefer them as a longer glove, as I feel a bit vulnerable with short gloves, but I suppose it’s a trade off. 

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/325118

2 hours ago, JackieOWheels said:

I agree, I have these gloves and they are defo good in the summer and offer great protection, only half gauntlet though compared to the handriod. They were brillant for the last two summers. For this year, I'd brought the Alpinestars GP Pro R2 gloves as I'd managed to buy them half price online; fit is great and offers great protection too.

Do they take much breaking in. I use Knox gloves for this winter and they took forever to break in. Great gloves in the end but they take work to make them fit

I use Racer High Racer gloves and really like them.

I bought them on recommendation from a guy who raced after he showed me a pair he was wearing during a crash.

I now have my own pair that I wore during an unplanned dismount and have to say they held up really well. I was so impressed that I bought another pair.

They're nice and supple from the start and my first pair probably lasted 12 years before the stitching started to go (even after the aforementioned ground contact incident).

My top two is don't get hung up on price. Buy something that feels good to wear and offer you good protection. After all, if you get a decade from them, it's not much money per year.

On 25/03/2022 at 19:39, daveinlim said:

Do they take much breaking in. I use Knox gloves for this winter and they took forever to break in. Great gloves in the end but they take work to make them fit

Not more than most gloves, there are slightly tight when they were brand new but after a couple of times wearing them they were fine; imo both are great gloves, would buy them again.

• Thanks 1