The day's the UK melted

Bender

Climate fact or fiction 

It's bloody hot, been a few deaths from drowning, had one near us, out for walk yesterday evening, watched police helicopter flying over the Tyne, unfortunately they found a body this morning. 

Air conditioning could be a good investment for years to come, if you can afford to run the bloody things. 

Our dining room has a concrete roof, it's just a giant thermal store, I feel for anyone having to live in Upper floor flats or badly insulated bungalows with no cool rooms. 

Our dining room is like walking into southern Spain. 

DSC_0463.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

Didn't feel like 6am this morning 26degrees in the back room, doors open straight away even homeworking won't be easy in this heat. 16582117150093982719558292141575.thumb.jpg.26a548e8d76b229959baf33a27605ccb.jpg

26 in the morning doesn't feel like the UK at most times of the day 😂 

• Haha 1

My advice to everyone is to get yourselves ensconced in a Weatherspoons . Love them or loath them , they all have marvelous Air Conditioning ! 

• Haha 3

I'm in a top floor flat, big black barn style roof above me. I cracked the loft open and it is so abysmally hot in there, I understand why at 3am last night, the thermostat still read 35 degrees.

Today is hotter, but we have a thunderstorm at 3, that will cool the roof down, which is my only issue. 

Had to turn off social media for a couple of days, as I just can't stand the whinging of people who just politicise everything. Can't even begin to understand the irrationality of some people. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Our house is freezing in winter, we get no thermal gain from the sun and it costs a fortune to heat.

My office is on the north side of the house, three outside walls and is single storey. Working in the winter is pretty chilly.

But right now it's wonderful - yesterday it got to 21 and today it's just reached 23. I've made sure I've got lots of desk work to do. 

• Like 2

I'm working tonight which will be fun :lol:

I was originally meant to be doing 12 hour shift but I have very nice bosses who have reduced hours of shop due to weather so I will only have to work 3 while 8:30 and only actually frying between 5 & 8.

Not losing money either so I genuinely have nothing to complain about :thumb:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Tiggie said:

I'm working tonight which will be fun :lol:

Night last night and tonight, been manic but still a manic night is better than a manic day particularly at these temps…

• Like 3

I'm  melting, fin early with heat as a good excuse, decided to do a bit in the wife's new office/bedroom, to get her out of the oven that is our dinning room, I ended up down to my boxers and looked like I had forgotten my incontinence liner,  I'm about to go in a hopefully relatively cold shower. 

• Haha 5

It is my wife's birthday and cooking a meal seemed too much so I raided a Joe Wicks book and came up with a recipe for a crab and avocado creation which involved chilli's, tomatoes, mozzarella and chives. To which I added rocket and prawns. 

It came out rather well as a meal for a hot evening 

IMG-20220719-WA0010.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

It is my wife's birthday and cooking a meal seemed too much so I raided a Joe Wicks book and came up with a recipe for a crab and avocado creation which involved chilli's, tomatoes, mozzarella and chives. To which I added rocket and prawns. 

It came out rather well as a meal for a hot evening 

IMG-20220719-WA0010.jpg

Just the job this sort of weather love crabmeat

:classic_biggrin:I work in a foundry! we had problems today because the cooling water was over temp. coming in! :scratch:

I now have 2 furnaces holding 36T of molten metal at about 1400C all night, which isn't too bad

until the operator opens the lids every 2 hours to check the temperature :crybaby:

:classic_biggrin:we melt for a living but this week I really have been melting

• Like 5