What you doing this weekend?

rennie

It was Sue's birthday in the week ( quite a significant 1)

As part of the celebrations we're off out to a Pub soon for lunch with some family,( I'm driving :crybaby:)

I think only 2 people staying here overnight :scratch:

We're also going to a different Pub for Sunday lunch tomorrow ( I'm not driving :classic_biggrin: :cheers:)

I might see if anyone wants to go out tonight as well! :classic_biggrin: :cheers:

1 hour ago, rennie said:

It was Sue's birthday in the week ( quite a significant 1)

As part of the celebrations we're off out to a Pub soon for lunch with some family,( I'm driving :crybaby:)

I think only 2 people staying here overnight :scratch:

We're also going to a different Pub for Sunday lunch tomorrow ( I'm not driving :classic_biggrin: :cheers:)

I might see if anyone wants to go out tonight as well! :classic_biggrin: :cheers:

This working days isn't so bad then?

• Haha 1

On 11/11/2023 at 09:08, Mickly said:

Going on my 1st TRF group ride on Sunday, gonna be muddy & my rear tyre has seen better days - we’ll see how well it goes 😱

Well, it went 👍 

Tipped off twice ( very slowly ) & got stuck over a log, apart from that it was f*cking hard work, very slippery, deep mud, ruts, narrow, wet roots & logs, absolutely loved it.

TBH I was surprised that Zippy didn’t fall apart, but just kept on going only let down by it’s rider.
Was concerned when the high water temp light came on, but the rad looked quite caked with mud & it had been a particularly long slow section, it went off once we got going on a bit of road.

Here’s a pic of the cheerful crew, a nice bunch, no egos or nobs, they were all on proper tackle with proper tyres.

FC9ECA3B-6762-4B0E-9212-E9F2FA744836.thumb.jpeg.d7b71453238f2366a675d74e23c9da31.jpeg

A lonely Zippy, the guy leading suggested that I sit a particular lane out as it was a very steep uphill narrow ravine full of mud & my only just road legal rear tyre isn’t up to it, I also risked getting jammed, so I waited while they did it, apparently it was a good call.69CEAD78-A89E-493F-B83A-A3F6E9CD1070.thumb.jpeg.45744ac0978f67d457d548c65cbb81eb.jpeg

Met at 10:00, left at 10:30, home for 15:45 what better way to spend a rainy Sunday.

Taken me 3 hours today to clean Zippy, mud and leafs in all the hard to reach crevices, I need some pokey brushes for next time.

• Like 5

This weekend I'll be prepping my bike for a trip up to Northumberland.  Last year when I went north at this time of year it pissed down all the way up. I was dry but chilled by the damp. Hoping for a drier experience this time. Don't particularly like riding at the weekend as there's too many 4 wheeled halfwits on the road.

1 hour ago, megaross said:

Rugby Friday, Pub Saturday, Wanking and eating cheesy wotsits Sunday.

Oh no wait, I'm going for a roast at my mums Sunday so I'll probably go out on the bike - usually cures my hangover.

If your having dinner with your Mum on Sunday best omit the Wotsit`s then.

Cheers

Ian

• Haha 1

I thought I was being abducted by aliens this evening. I'd just sat down for my tea when our kitchen was lit up like full bank of photon torpedoes. Outside the garden was blinding white with orange streaks. A large vessel was approaching across the field lit up like the spaceship off Close Encounters. Things were vibrating all over the house. Multiple brilliant beams of light bore down on us accompanied by a crescendo of noise. 

At the last minute it veered off and started to plough back up the other side of the field. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, rennie said:

:classic_biggrin:Fat Fingers! I meant TV

I have wobbly fingers that make the same mistakes lol. I got confused and thought motorbikes were racing in las Vegas but its cars.  There is a bike race Moto GP in Qatar on Sunday evening, my neighbour said I can go round and watch it because its a close race to who will be a world champion.

The Las Vegas car racing is on at 6am.  No chance I will get up that early on a Sunday lol.  I've always wanted to go to Las Vegas, sounds like a cool fun place.

JJ