What you doing this weekend?

rennie

Three hours of video editing last night.

Three hours watching Dune 2.

Four more hours of editing into the early morning.

About 11 hours straight today.

There's a bit of a learning curve too, as it's new kit and software I'm using.

2 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Was Dune 2 any good? I'm hoping to see it at some point.

I enjoyed it. Visually stunning. Well told, well acted epic that doesn't patronise the viewer. David Lynch's 1984 version had a dark almost psychological horror feel to it. This remake has lost a lot of that, although there are some moments. I'd have rated it a 15, rather than a 12A.

4 hours ago, Fiddlesticks said:

I enjoyed it. Visually stunning. Well told, well acted epic that doesn't patronise the viewer. David Lynch's 1984 version had a dark almost psychological horror feel to it. This remake has lost a lot of that, although there are some moments. I'd have rated it a 15, rather than a 12A.

Thanks. I was disappointed in the 1984 version although I am a fan of the books and have been for years. I enjoyed Dune 1 and was hoping that the 2nd one would keep up.

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

Thanks. I was disappointed in the 1984 version although I am a fan of the books and have been for years. I enjoyed Dune 1 and was hoping that the 2nd one would keep up.

Apparently it's very different to the book.

I had a 100mile trip to my daughter's in Nottingham to celebrate my grandsons 1st birthday. 

A full day Saturday of party plus watching the rugby followed by a visit to Twycross Zoo today. Then the 100mile drive home. 

I am knackered. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Fiddlesticks said:

Apparently it's very different to the book.

Actually Dune the book is fairly close to the first Dune 1 and from what I've heard it doesn't stray too far from it in the latest film. Like any book to film there's bits missed out but that's almost inevitable.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RAYK47 said:

I had a 100mile trip to my daughter's in Nottingham to celebrate my grandsons 1st birthday. 

A full day Saturday of party plus watching the rugby followed by a visit to Twycross Zoo today. Then the 100mile drive home. 

I am knackered. 

Did you get all the balloons inflated? 

1 hour ago, RAYK47 said:

I am knackered. 

Sounds like the best kind of weekend to me. Jealous.

14 hours ago, Simon Davey said:

Did you get all the balloons inflated? 

luckily we got there after they had already done it.  😀

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Sounds like the best kind of weekend to me. Jealous.

It was great, tiring but worth every second.  As we are not local we don't see them as often as we would like.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RAYK47 said:

It was great, tiring but worth every second.  As we are not local we don't see them as often as we would like.  

I can empathise with that 100%. 

• Like 1

This weekend

- going to see cast on Friday

- football on Saturday, watching L1 match

- I am a coach for my son's U14 team so Sunday morning we have a match against the team most likely to win the league (they have won every match) although we did beat them in the cup. So should be a close one. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RAYK47 said:

This weekend

- going to see cast on Friday

- football on Saturday, watching L1 match

- I am a coach for my son's U14 team so Sunday morning we have a match against the team most likely to win the league (they have won every match) although we did beat them in the cup. So should be a close one. 

Good luck on Sunday, keep us posted.

• Like 1

Friday night, usual beer and movie.  Had a bit of a cough vor about a month.  It is going around and a bitch to shift.

About 10:30 as I was opening can number five, , I had a fit of uncontrollable coughing.  After five minutes or so, I felt something move in my right side with incredible pain from waist to armpit that made breathing very difficult.  Naturally, first thing that springs to mind is a collapsed lung.

With living out in the sticks and both of us having had a fair few beers, missus panicked ( I was not exactly in an optimistic frame of mind either) and phoned an ambulance.  Of course, by the time the ambulance arrived, I had recovered somewhat, the pain had subsided a fair bit and my breathing was easier.

Paramedics examined me, said it was not a collapsed lung or heart, and although feeling better , took me to York A and E, 30 miles away for a full examination as they were not sure what had happened but something was clearly seriously awry.

14 hours later I was on my way home with..

A severe chest infection.

A quiet spot in one lung that could possibly turn into pneumonia.

Two broken ribs.

.....and the rather alarming advice that if my breathing started getting more difficult, phone an ambulance immediately.

Difficulty breathing and intense pain was likely a result of the shock when the ribs broke, causing all the rib muscles on the right side to go into spasm, the doc thought.

If you have had a persistant cough for a couple of weeks with yellow phlegm, do not be an idiot like I was.  See the docs straight away.  Ignoring it so as not to bother the docs is not noble, or tough; it is stoopid as I have just found out.

Edited by Tinkicker
  • Sad 8

16 minutes ago, Tinkicker said:

Friday night, usual beer and movie.  Had a bit of a cough vor about a month.  It is going around and a bitch to shift.

About 10:30 as I was opening can number five, , I had a fit of uncontrollable coughing.  After five minutes or so, I felt something move in my right side with incredible pain from waist to armpit that made breathing very difficult.  Naturally, first thing that springs to mind is a collapsed lung.

With living out in the sticks and both of us having had a fair few beers, missus panicked ( I was not exactly in an optimistic frame of mind either) and phoned an ambulance.  Of course, by the time the ambulance arrived, I had recovered somewhat, the pain had subsided a fair bit and my breathing was easier.

Paramedics examined me, said it was not a collapsed lung or heart, and although feeling better , took me to York A and E, 30 miles away for a full examination as they were not sure what had happened but something was clearly seriously awry.

Two broken ribs.

.....and the rather alarming advice that if my breathing started getting more difficult, phone an ambulance immediately.

Difficulty breathing and intense pain was likely a result of the shock when the ribs broke, causing all the rib muscles on the right side to go into spasm, the doc thought.

If you have had a persistant cough for a couple of weeks with yellow phlegm, do not be an idiot like I was.  See the docs straight away.  Ignoring it so as not to bother the docs is not noble, or tough; it is stoopid as I have just found out.

Flippin eck! That's rough. 

3 hours ago, Tinkicker said:

Two broken ribs.

All the best mate, get well soon.

3 hours ago, Tinkicker said:

Ha. Fat chance the GP will do a thing. When the missus had pneumonia last year, the practice nurse told her on the phone all she needed was to get out for walks in the fresh air. In January. She miraculously got better, but then got covid and so had another bout of pneumonia in March. This time she was really ill - temperature of 41.5, spO2 sometimes under 80%. We called 111, they sent an ambulance, and the crew told us to go to the doctor the next day for erythromycin and blood tests. No-one at the GP practice would actually see her, and over the phone the practice nurse refused any erythromycin. However, the blood tests were done and when the results came in the doctor phone to say to go immediately to A&E; she was on the verge of sepsis.

At A&E they were 100% great. More bloods, x-rays, antibiotics, and they said to ignore the doctor and go straight them next time. For sure we will.

Edited by bonio
  • Like 2