What you doing this weekend?

rennie

It appears that I’m babysitting the guy doing some work on the house instead of taking the grandkids out to the Glasgow Science museum as planned. 

The upside being I get control of the television.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Grass Roots Football on Saturday followed by a walk into town, a visit to the Micropub for a couple of scoops of their finest. :cheers:

Sunday, Grass Roots Rugby, quarter final home game against our arch rivals. Might involve a beer or two 🤣

• Like 1

On 29/01/2024 at 16:51, Ian Frog said:

@Fish How was the Aprillia or did the shed get insulated?

Cheers

Ian

Went down to the dealers, had a good chat with the salesman about what I'm looking for and by the time we finished is was a bit late to take either the Tuono or RS660. This weekend has been a write off with feck all managing to be done. :( 

finally found some gloves to replace my much cherished knox gloves! 

thanks to ghostbikes for the effort and stock level but J&S in Preston came out top with very to variety and stock of gloves, good staff.

settled on Daniese carbon 4 short gloves.

IMG_1546.thumb.jpeg.239e552998a3424cfa7d2383c755b6f2.jpegbut on the way home a bloody lot of us sat for well over an hour on the m65 as some body in the civic failed to negate a very low level traffic, 3 lane straight section of motorway, careered off the far lane into the hard shoulder barrier before bouncing back to the middle lane..  wombles and coppers looking a note pads trying to work out and follow all the four tyre marks that lead to the car their staring at....

This weekend I'll be taking my bike over to my daughter's for its secure parking while I'm away. Weather permitting I'll take the scenic route. At least by the time I get home in June the weather should be better! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

This weekend I'll be taking my bike over to my daughter's for its secure parking while I'm away. Weather permitting I'll take the scenic route. At least by the time I get home in June the weather should be better! 

Stay safe.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This weekend I shall be stocking up on flour, eggs and milk. In a moment of madness I volunteered to cook pancakes for the whole village. 

Apparently we now have two visiting choirs joining in who would like feeding as well. 

Any passing bikers welcome...the Mews on the village green, Whitegate,  Tuesday 13th 4 to 7pm. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Two of the grandchildren are visiting so that’s playing with Lego, swimming, having them jump on me, digging the toy Gator out from one of the outbuildings and supervising them crashing it into various obstacles, etc. 

• Like 4

Saying goodbye to my sister, who is moving to Australia to start a new life with her fella. 

I am both extremely proud, and devastated at once. I'm one of three, and we are very close. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

4 nights from tonight with the rampaging schizophrenics. money for old rope to be honest.

At the moment Im on the look out for a decent CD transport, not a new one. a few years old. as long as its in mint condition. really prefer a top loader as it always seems to be the tray that pops out that seems to break down. And I definitely do not like this new, or rather a recent fashion for slot loading - where you push the cd into a slot and the mechanism grabs it and draws it in. so many at the more affordable end are going for that.

Apparently.. there isn't a factory left in the entire world that produces Audio CD mechanisms any more. All available stock was bought up when the last ones closed. Sanyo being the last I believe. Though they're rather good.

Quite remarkable and reminds me of the situation maybe 20 years ago when there were hardly any 'quality' record players being made - at the affordable end of the market.

So, thats my weekend. sitting quietly in a lounge while the young man I'm watching over sleeps. I might see him, I probably won't. Looking at consumer electronics - poised to 'buy it now'.

This is the model Im waiting for... Made in the UK (of course)

Apollo-r-open.thumb.jpg.08feada1d96d01005e5609136ae3302c.jpg

Patience, Its not easy.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, RideWithStyles said:

yep that is oldschool? what make is it?

well if that fails whats the plan? budget? and compromises?  what do you already have?

Its a REGA, made in Southend on sea. and they do make CD players that are a big step up from this one, but are very expensive. starting at £2000. and there is no way I can justify that. The one in the photo is from 2018 and at the time cost £700. so hopefully one will turn up for half that price or less. irritatingly enough a posh shop in the Home Counties has NOS but is too snooty to accept PayPal too snooty to even have any kind of online store.

At the moment I do not have any CD player. just a CD rom that I use to rip my CDs onto the computer and then listen to that via my amp and speakers. Ive not owned a 'proper' CD player for more than 10 years. But, I still have a fairly large CD collection... with some that date right back to the very beginning. Nobody would guess that in a previous life I was the manager of a record store. Being stabbed in an attempted robbery ended that chapter.

Im in no hurry. one will turn up. or something that catches my eye and falls inside my budget.

But it has to be a top loader. Ive going through a lot of CD players and its always been the tray mechanism that fails.

if you are interested in seeing the current £2000 model. here it is. out of my league.

IMG_3699-e1645437587802-1200x675.thumb.jpg.d031de2bb550ce2870bb5ea089310711.jpg

• Like 1

didnt recognise the logo but heard of the name before. unfortunately never had the pleasure to see one or hear it in the flesh, hope you get it soon 🤞🏽👍🏽

I wouldn't mind building up a system again now the daughter is older but i think I'll have to put it on hold for a bit longer. if the wife gets her way it will be a mini system ☹️...if so id blag to a bloody good one then🙂 also it will have to either network or stream now though that might sweeten it for her?🤔

youve gone from one bad scenario to a constant worrying worse one...🫣

I bought a NAD cd player off a guy who totally reconditions them. A chap up north somewhere, great reviews etc 100% feedback, a lovely thing. 

Hardly ever use it though cos I just rip CDs to a hard drive and go from there.

• Like 1

i once had a top loader amstrad vcr , dont see any of them anymore or any other vcr's for that matter. i have heard that cassette's are supposed to be making a comeback 🙂

• Haha 1

My 19yr old multimeter just packed in 😤

Looking for a replacement I found that a decent one will be +60 quid

Found a oscilloscope and multimeter for 40 quid made where the expensive ones are made. That's the pro version with extra bits. 🥳

Screenshot_2024-02-10-11-45-14-02_57e717c094f371a1dada6567a1123b99.thumb.jpg.dcd6a795a8b1385aca610a5230b2cd81.jpg

Not a lot of point having a good sound system for me.  Too many years crouched in a test cell checking for oil and fuel leaks next to 18ltr diesels pulled down to max torque point on the dyno has blown my ears out.

I have a high pitched dog whistle blowing in my left ear and a power station turbine in my right ear.....

I doubt I could tell the difference between Wharfedale mach 3s and Amstrads these days.  

• Sad 2