What you doing this weekend?

rennie

8 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

@Mawsley That is a seriously cute pooch!

Frank arrives a week tomorrow and I am sure chaos will ensue.

Postal staff have been warned lol.

Cheers

Ian

I’m not allowed to wake her, apparently. 

• Haha 1

Quite right too!

Think of the trauma it would inflict if she opened her eyes and saw you leering over her lol.

I am apprently going to be given a list of dont`s as well I am sure (I have previous for dressing animals up to make them look daft ).

Cheers

Ian

• Haha 1

This weekend I was planning on going sailing. Unfortunately there is 1.5 inches of ice on the lake so they've cancelled all sailing.

I mean - it's not as if a bit of ice has ever hurt a boat.

So I shall be changing all the locks at my mother's flat as her carer has gone and lost the keys. The locks are cheap - it's replacing all the keys that is going to be expensive. I know for sure the keys will be in the carer's pocket / car and she will find them next week.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Capt Sisko said:

I'm going to an Iron Butt Association 'Ride to Eat' meeting tomorrow (Saturday). The general idea is that member picks a cafe, pub or other suitable venue, meet there at 12noon for a group photo, chat, eat and kick a tyre or two before calling it a day. 200miles each way from my corner of Shropshire to near Arundel. Thank goodness the weather forecast is looking (slightly) warmer for tomorrow.

It's above freezing right enough but the roads hereabouts are covered in salt - some bits are like a salt flat!  My bike will be staying off the road until we have someheavy rain due on Sunday to hopefully wash a lot of it away.

If I dont get a call off a mate tomorrow to help with insulating the new shed, I'll be off to see if I can get a ride on a Tuono 660 or RS660 or both ;)

• Like 4

Grass Roots Football Saturday morning, followed by a couple of scoops of real ale in the micropub in the afternoon :cheers:. Grass roots Rugby on Sunday morning followed by (hopefully) a ride out around the Lancashire countryside, maybe even get over to the Trough of Bowland :thumb:  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fish said:

If I dont get a call off a mate tomorrow to help with insulating the new shed, I'll be off to see if I can get a ride on a Tuono 660 or RS660 or both ;)

Just ride the bikes

Good tyres.

Yeah mich are doing good money off promotions (tyres or fitting) for both bike and cars at the mo, worth every penny.

We get all seasons, cross climate ones which are a solid performers.

• Like 1

Apparently we are in for a very interesting weekend - looking after both granddaughters at once. One is 3, the other 18 months. Together they find life totally hilarious.

I think by Sunday evening I shall be lying down in a darkened room with a bottle of medicinal single malt.

• Haha 4

This weekend we are back up north as I'll be breaking my two eldest grandsons out of school for the weekend then seeing my dad on Monday. Looks like I'll be going back to sea around 15 Feb  but not anywhere exciting.  Tranmere! FFS! 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

This weekend we are back up north as I'll be breaking my two eldest grandsons out of school for the weekend then seeing my dad on Monday. Looks like I'll be going back to sea around 15 Feb  but not anywhere exciting.  Tranmere! FFS! 

Sunny Birkenhead....the riviera of Merseyside.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Sunny Birkenhead....the riviera of Merseyside.  

... Somewhere between murder and suicide 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fiddlesticks said:

... Somewhere between murder and suicide 😉

To be fair the promenade between Perch Rock and the Seacombe ferry is quite nice on a sunny day. I remember the days when the only sealife you'd find would be Mersey Goldfish. These days the pools are full of starfish. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

To be fair the promenade between Perch Rock and the Seacombe ferry is quite nice on a sunny day. I remember the days when the only sealife you'd find would be Mersey Goldfish. These days the pools are full of starfish. 

My paternal grandparents used to live in Bebington and my grandfather was terminal manager at the Tranmere oil terminal. Not an area I'm entirely unfamiliar with although it's been a few years since I've been there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

My paternal grandparents used to live in Bebington and my grandfather was terminal manager at the Tranmere oil terminal. Not an area I'm entirely unfamiliar with although it's been a few years since I've been there.

Good food at the Refreshment Rooms.